Anyone get a sense of strangeness when loading DS3 drivers?

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
i was loading all my drivers cds for my new conroe system. I put the DS3 driver cd in and it autran. Then it was making noises, i think the internet was trying to start then stop then start ( might be the onboard LAN). Before it asked what to load...chipsetm yahoo toolbar. I chose expess to load everything. It was in the middle of loading when I heard those sounds (like the LAN was trying to turn on and off...that bell sound). Then the system reset, and when it went back to windows, it proceeded to load the drivers. then i got a window that said, must restart computer. I restarted and it went back to the desktop and that was it. Did the drivers sucessfully loaded? Anyone encounter this strangeness? Do I put the cd in and install again?

i was loading all my drivers cds for my new conroe system. I put the DS3 driver cd in and it autran. Then it was making noises, i think the internet was trying to start then stop then start ( might be the onboard LAN). Before it asked what to load...chipsetm yahoo toolbar. I chose expess to load everything. It was in the middle of loading when I heard those sounds (like the LAN was trying to turn on and off...that bell sound). Then the system reset, and when it went back to windows, it proceeded to load the drivers. then i got a window that said, must restart computer. I restarted and it went back to the desktop and that was it. Did the drivers sucessfully loaded? Anyone encounter this strangeness? Do I put the cd in and install again?

Check your device manager for exclamation marks.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I did. There were none. I did that immediatly to make sure all my components are ok. My video card/dvd-rw/monitor/keyboard/mouse/sound card are all in the device manager and no exclamation points. I even looked at everything in DM, and not exclamation points at all.

weilin

Distinguished
its that sound you hear like a mix between a screech and crackles and other jiggly noise? ive heard that in a couple boards before and have come to the conclusion that its something to do with lan access. other than that i have no idea. Whenever hte built in Eithernet is used, that sound comes up, it doesnt do anything harmful that i know of yet.

Ascenzio

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
I just installed the divers on my DS3 mobo last night and it did the same thing. Rebooted by it self mid way through the installation and then finished installation followed by another prompt to reboot.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Yes thats the sound. I have linksys wireless cable modem. Thats the noise I hear when I take the USB plug out then in. I just get a wierd screen after windows boots and before the desktop but other than that all is well. All my drivers are in and no problems. Unless the drivers and updates on the disc create it and its just the mobo "fixing itself" or just taking in all the updates on the disc. Oh well, my system is quiet, its running good, why change it lol. Ive never expierenced how fast it loads to the desktop lol. Thank you :)

Qisa

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Yeah, the driver installation does that, which is disconcerting since there's no warning, but it works in the end.

You can check that everything was loaded by rerunning the disk and it will come up with the list of drivers with those you've already installed grayed out.

TRENDING THREADS