Problem restoring system files

I am now gettting a message when I start the computer that certain system
files have been updated with non-kosher versions, and that "for stability
reasons" I should put them back to what they should be. It recommends to
insert the Windows 2000 disk.

When I do that, it says that it cannot upgrade a version SP4 to a version
SP3. It also alludes to the fact that my O/S disk is an upgrade, and that is
also a problem somehow.

So, that's my question - How do I check the file system or cause the signed
versions of files to be correct?

Many thanks,

Ian

Insert the Windows 2000 CD-Rom, dismiss the warning and from the 'Run' box
sfc /scannow
or you can also just reapply SP4

--
Regards,