Recycled folder

sid

I deleted a few folders on my Windows 2000 server and then tried to empty the
Recycle bin. I received an error stating that it could not delete a file
becuase its name is too long or invalid. Now the Recycle bin appears empty,
but the recycler folder on the drive I deleted the files from still contains
3.6 gig of data. What effect would it have if I deleted the files inside the
recycler folder?

"Sid12" wrote:
> I deleted a few folders on my Windows 2000 server and then
> tried to empty the
> Recycle bin. I received an error stating that it could not
> delete a file
> becuase its name is too long or invalid. Now the Recycle bin
> appears empty,
> but the recycler folder on the drive I deleted the files from
> still contains
> 3.6 gig of data. What effect would it have if I deleted the
> files inside the
> recycler folder?

Sometimes the recycled folder becomes corrupt. If you can boot to
DOS, make sure you have deltree on the disk, and then use this util to
remove the recycled or recycler directory.

Reboot the server, and it’ll recreate it. I’m assuming you’ve already
run chkdsk etc.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/File-System-Recycled-folder-ftopict368100.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1217671