windows booting on me unexpected

Has any one here had Windows XP boot when least expect it? I don't know
anymore what the problem is with the exception of not being able to take
service pack off my machine unless I do a clean install and purge every
thing I have on my system. I uninstalled My nortan antivirus and I still had
this boot up at odd times. I uninstalled some old hardware to see if that
was the problem. If anyone out there has a clue please give me a hint of
what my problem is. I have AMD Atholone XP 1800 with 512 Ram 120 GB hd HP
cd writer9100, IO magic Dvd rom drive,microtech 4900 scanner, Epson 1280
printer,Dcs sound card, Wacam pen tablet. Thanks in advance to anyones
advice.DR
4 answers Last reply
More about windows booting unexpected

    The default behavior of Win XP is to automatically reboot when a BSOD
    type error occurs. There is a configuration change that you can make
    that will change that behavior so that the actual BSOD screen is
    displayed. From that you can (maybe) see what is actually failing.
    Unfortunately right now I'm not where I can look up how to make that
    change.

    In news:_66dnQxvF6O4-BfcRVn-iQ@mho.net,
    DR <dave00@interfold.com> typed:

    > Has any one here had Windows XP boot when least expect it? I
    > don't
    > know anymore what the problem is with the exception of not
    > being able
    > to take service pack off my machine unless I do a clean
    > install and
    > purge every thing I have on my system.

    You are presumably blue-screening, and you are set to reboot
    whenever that happens. Right-click My Computer, and choose
    Properties. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and
    Recovery. Under System failure, uncheck the box "Automatically
    restart."

    Now when the problem occurs again, you will get the blue screen
    with diagnostic information. Post back with those details for
    more help.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    Here is what the eror says when I got the blue screen to show.
    driver_irqL_not_Less_or_equal
    Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x020B50, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,0xF79EEAE1)
    Pched.sys-adressF79EEAE1base at F79E9000, date stamp 41107c60
    I thank you if you can help me figure this out. I looked on the Microsoft
    error page couldn't find it?
    DR

    > Here is what the eror says when I got the blue screen to show.
    > driver_irqL_not_Less_or_equal
    > Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x020B50, 0x00000002, 0x00000000,0xF79EEAE1)
    > Pched.sys-adressF79EEAE1base at F79E9000, date stamp 41107c60
    > I thank you if you can help me figure this out. I looked on the
    > Microsoft error page couldn't find it?
    > DR
    >

    > "DR" <dave00@interfold.com> wrote in message
    >> Has any one here had Windows XP boot when least expect it? I don't
    >> know anymore what the problem is with the exception of not being
    >> able to take service pack off my machine unless I do a clean
    >> install and purge every thing I have on my system. I uninstalled My
    >> nortan antivirus and I still had this boot up at odd times. I
    >> uninstalled some old hardware to see if that was the problem. If
    >> anyone out there has a clue please give me a hint of what my problem
    >> is. I have AMD Atholone XP 1800 with 512 Ram 120 GB hd HP cd
    >> writer9100, IO magic Dvd rom drive,microtech 4900 scanner, Epson
    >> 1280 printer,Dcs sound card, Wacam pen tablet. Thanks in advance to
    >> anyones advice.DR

    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/w2kmsgs/6077.asp
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314063