Sign in with
Your question

GMA X3000 performs worse than old GMA 950: Drivers blamed

Last response: in CPUs
September 6, 2006 3:54:40 AM

It seems Intel's newest IGP is suffering from poor drivers. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. As it stands, it looks like the current performance is only slightly better than Intel's old "Extreme Graphics 2". Ouch. :lol: 

http://www.nordichardware.com/news,4364.html
September 6, 2006 4:12:04 AM

IGP will always blow.
September 6, 2006 4:43:02 AM

The only IGP i can praise (at that current time) was the one that came with i810/i815/i815e chipsets (compared to SiS and Via's offerings of course :wink: )
Related resources
September 6, 2006 4:47:45 AM

Quote:
It seems Intel's newest IGP is suffering from poor drivers. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. As it stands, it looks like the current performance is only slightly better than Intel's old "Extreme Graphics 2". Ouch. :lol: 

Wow, before I even read the article, I can say I was afraid of this. intel's Vista hopes are now riding on this unless they want to invite ATi back into the "fold."

By the time nVidia can get enough Vista-ready chipsets out Vista will be old news.

But then Intel will have to take a bath on worthless IGPs. A lot of us who don't use non-Intel IGPs know that they are better - and please don't say AMD makes IGPs. Hopefully the guys from Art-X have been keeping up with Direct X.

DAMMIT, DAMMIT!!

MS can't release Vista without 70% of "new" chipsets capable of supporting the Aero interface.
September 6, 2006 4:54:56 AM

Get back to mopping the floors before they fire you for slacking off.
September 6, 2006 5:09:10 AM

Great word choice. I learn about technology and diction from your posts.
September 6, 2006 5:29:54 AM

Quote:

Wow, before I even read the article, I can say I was afraid of this. intel's Vista hopes are now riding on this unless they want to invite ATi back into the "fold."

By the time nVidia can get enough Vista-ready chipsets out Vista will be old news.

But then Intel will have to take a bath on worthless IGPs. A lot of us who don't use non-Intel IGPs know that they are better - and please don't say AMD makes IGPs. Hopefully the guys from Art-X have been keeping up with Direct X.

DAMMIT, DAMMIT!!

MS can't release Vista without 70% of "new" chipsets capable of supporting the Aero interface.

Your prognostication ability is truly, very, and completely unimpressive --- this is something any good enthusiast would know. You taught us nothing!!!

You are over-estimating your abilities again.

Yeah, and NASAs finally going back to the moon. Your point is?

O, I get it. You stay up late.
September 6, 2006 5:32:32 AM

Why do you sh!t all over threads about intel? Hmm maybe because you're JEALOUS!
September 6, 2006 5:36:37 AM

Quote:
It looks to be a driver issue. The test drivers were 14.21. Full hardware PS3.0 support isn't added until 14.24 and hardware VS and T&L isn't added until 14.26.

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?tid=638462&starttim...

Again, I hope Art-X engineers have been keeping u with Direct-X. Intel engrs have proven their IGP/GPU acumen is not up to par. DX10 is a very demanding environmant. Even DX9 Sm 3.0 is a GPU killer. Look at how well GPU/IGPs do rotated text in fast and slow motion(D3- arcade games) and you can understand the HP (horsepower) needed to rotate a bunch of Powerpoint and Word docs in the Aero environment.
September 6, 2006 5:40:58 AM

Quote:
Again, I hope Art-X engineers have been keeping u with Direct-X.

Wow you're more of an idiot then I thought. When ATI bought out Art-X they were moved to various teams, most went into the team that developed the R300, 400 and 500 series. :roll:
September 6, 2006 11:53:49 AM

Quote:
Great word choice. I learn about technology and diction from your posts.

That's too bad because the statement should be either prognosticative ability or abilty to prognosticate.
September 6, 2006 11:55:05 AM

Quote:
Again, I hope Art-X engineers have been keeping u with Direct-X.

Wow you're more of an idiot then I thought. When ATI bought out Art-X they were moved to various teams, most went into the team that developed the R300, 400 and 500 series. :roll:

Intel bought a GPU company last year. I hope they can improve or else Intel will have no clothes for Vista.
September 6, 2006 1:45:20 PM

Why do you quote my post yet talk about some irrelevant crap? Get back to mopping the floors before I report you.
September 6, 2006 2:17:28 PM

Quote:
It looks to be a driver issue. The test drivers were 14.21. Full hardware PS3.0 support isn't added until 14.24 and hardware VS and T&L isn't added until 14.26.

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?tid=638462&starttim...

Good find. I just checked Intel's site and ver 14.24 has been up since late August. Since the article I linked was published mid August, whoever ran those benchmarks were indeed using the first ver 14.21 drivers. Hopefully we'll get a decent review once the 14.26 drivers come out. It will be very interesting to see how this igp will perform, given that it will end up in the vast majority of Intel desktops from OEMs.
a c 479 à CPUs
a c 118 å Intel
September 6, 2006 4:42:58 PM

Quote:
IGP will always blow.

Compared to discrete, this is true --- but ATI/nVidia IGP solutions are better overall.

Jack

True, but ATI & nVidia has an edge over Intel, because they can take a the basic desktop GPU architecture and tweek it's down to an IGP level (basically speaking).
a c 479 à CPUs
a c 118 å Intel
September 6, 2006 5:17:36 PM

Quote:

This is exactly why they are better, if your focus is in graphics and GPUs and you have chipset expertise, then integrating a graphics solution into the IGP should yield a better IGP :)  .... Intel is very vulnerable here and should take note.

I think Intel is doing an okay job. In my opinion their goal is to provide an IGP that is good enough for general applications and video. Only a tech neophyte would want an Intel IGP for playing games.
September 8, 2006 7:07:16 AM

:?:
Is it a good idea to buy an Intel G965 motherboard for Core 2 Duo and use the integrated GMA X3000 as a temporary video card for 3-4 months until DX10 cards arrive? How does it compare to Radeon 9700 or 9800 in terms of performance in games like Farcry or Doom 3?
September 8, 2006 12:11:13 PM

Here is a chart from Intel showing the games that the GMA X3000 has problems with.
!