file sharing in win2k Adv Server

I want to share a folder in my network residing on win2kserver fat32.

I have shared the directory with full permission for all. i do not have DNS
server.
Whenever i try accessing the folder from start --> run using ip adress it
first asks for login and password.
but i want to access it directly as if it happens in win98.

Kindly suggest ..

It will of great help for me
1 answer Last reply
More about file sharing win2k server

    > I have shared the directory with full permission for all. i do not have
    > DNS
    > server.
    > Whenever i try accessing the folder from start --> run using ip adress it
    > first asks for login and password.

    Add a user to the Win 2k server using the same surname and password used to
    log into the computer that you want to access the share. Then grant this
    user proper permission to the share.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "ramammic" <ramammic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I want to share a folder in my network residing on win2kserver fat32.
    >
    > I have shared the directory with full permission for all. i do not have
    > DNS
    > server.
    > Whenever i try accessing the folder from start --> run using ip adress it
    > first asks for login and password.
    > but i want to access it directly as if it happens in win98.
    >
    > Kindly suggest ..
    >
    > It will of great help for me

File Sharing Servers Windows