Sign in with
Your question

Missing bits from Zalman 7700-Cu

Last response: in Overclocking
September 6, 2006 5:16:47 AM

Gday all,

If anyone has bought a Zalman CNPS7700-Cu (or the aluminium one for that matter) and is using it to cool an AMD or 478 chip, you probably have some of the small 'S-type' clips leftover from the 775 installation bits.

I've lost the S-type metal grips for 775 installation since taking the cooler out of a PC ages ago, and I want to reinstall it onto another 775 motherboard.

If you've got 2 S-type clips leftover in your kit, and you are in Australia like I am, shoot me a PM or something cos I'd love to avoid having to buy a new cooler!!

Thanks dudez,

Daniel
September 7, 2006 9:08:37 AM

Quote:
Please don't go looking for charity on the forumz. If you need parts like that contact the manufactur. They should be able to sell you just what you need without buying a whole new cooler. Or check whatever sight you have downunder that's equal to ebay.

Settle down pilch, it's not like I'm asking for anyone's firstborn, nor is it like I'm not completely happy to pay someone for their trouble in helping me out.

And I did contact the Australian distributor, who said I'll need to just buy another one, and Zalman hasn't written back...

But thanks for the tip - we do have an eBay Australia website actually, but all they sell is novelty kangaroos and vegemite...

Cheers,

D
September 7, 2006 11:24:07 AM

Quote:
Please don't go looking for charity on the forumz. If you need parts like that contact the manufactur. They should be able to sell you just what you need without buying a whole new cooler. Or check whatever sight you have downunder that's equal to ebay.

Settle down pilch, it's not like I'm asking for anyone's firstborn, nor is it like I'm not completely happy to pay someone for their trouble in helping me out.

And I did contact the Australian distributor, who said I'll need to just buy another one, and Zalman hasn't written back...

But thanks for the tip - we do have an eBay Australia website actually, but all they sell is novelty kangaroos and vegemite...

Cheers,

D

:lol: 

I'd say your best option is to look on eBay.

Don' listen to pilch. He spouts a lot of crap sometimes :) 
Related resources
September 9, 2006 4:08:37 PM

Hahah it's all good!
I managed to persuade a retailer to give me the clips from a new cooler for $10 and mark the box as 'for AMD cpu only' and give a $10 discount to whomever buys it.

All's well that ends well!
September 9, 2006 4:23:04 PM

Yeah I get ya... though he was the one telling you to lay off a bit, and he was right to do so...

Anywayz, like I said, all's well that ends well... now alls I need is some extra long screws to mount the backing plate ontop of that damned crazy cool thing on the DQ6...

Pilch, please send me some for free. You have 5 minutes...
September 9, 2006 4:36:41 PM

Is the word 'bogan' generally understood by Americans? :?

Thanks Pilch buddy - as of Monday morning I'm standing by the post box 9-5. Hope the Directors don't mind...
September 11, 2006 4:23:18 AM

Quote:

A charity???? he is asking for advice.......

When I had a similar problem a while back a dude Acutally sent over via express post the backets and parts needed to insall my Zalman 7700 cu to my 775 CPU based MB.

I live in Australia and that dude lives in the US.... (he didnt need the brackets I think maybe he moved to water cooling)

(I had lost the bracket for the 775 MBs and my old MB was a Abit IC7G)

I apreciated his "generosity" (I wouldnt say it was "charity") and in return I sent over via express post a Tube of AS5!
!