default file share not retained??

I did a fresh install of w2k and I can see the default file share from
computer management (i.e. c$, ipc$, admin$...etc) but after a while they just
disappear.
Any one have any suggestions on this? I've tried to recreate the share but
it still doesn't retain the share. Need help on this one!

Did you play around with group policy?

Did you play around with MSBA?

Any security fine tuning applications that you have launched?

Since some people consider these shares insecure, security tends to remove
the share.

"awpfonzy" <awpfonzy@discussions.microsoft.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:DF2BB923-247B-4A64-A6C4-9D877B39E1DD@microsoft.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> I did a fresh install of w2k and I can see the default file share from
> computer management (i.e. c$, ipc$, admin$...etc) but after a while they
just
> disappear.
> Any one have any suggestions on this? I've tried to recreate the share but
> it still doesn't retain the share. Need help on this one!

Actually... I found out that a worm got into the machine that is causing all
this problem. I didn't know how quickly it got into the machine. I had to
reinstall and
put in anti-virus even before the updates and everything is working.

I just did the windows update and after that it stopped. I rebuild it and it
is ok.

Thanks a bunch!