default file share not retained??

I did a fresh install of w2k and I can see the default file share from
computer management (i.e. c$, ipc$, admin$...etc) but after a while they just
disappear.
Any one have any suggestions on this? I've tried to recreate the share but
it still doesn't retain the share. Need help on this one!
2 answers Last reply
More about default file share retained

    Did you play around with group policy?

    Did you play around with MSBA?

    Any security fine tuning applications that you have launched?

    Since some people consider these shares insecure, security tends to remove
    the share.

    "awpfonzy" <awpfonzy@discussions.microsoft.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:DF2BB923-247B-4A64-A6C4-9D877B39E1DD@microsoft.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > I did a fresh install of w2k and I can see the default file share from
    > computer management (i.e. c$, ipc$, admin$...etc) but after a while they
    just
    > disappear.
    > Any one have any suggestions on this? I've tried to recreate the share but
    > it still doesn't retain the share. Need help on this one!

    Actually... I found out that a worm got into the machine that is causing all
    this problem. I didn't know how quickly it got into the machine. I had to
    reinstall and
    put in anti-virus even before the updates and everything is working.

    I just did the windows update and after that it stopped. I rebuild it and it
    is ok.

    Thanks a bunch!

    "Jeremy Sun" wrote:

    > Did you play around with group policy?
    >
    > Did you play around with MSBA?
    >
    > Any security fine tuning applications that you have launched?
    >
    > Since some people consider these shares insecure, security tends to remove
    > the share.
    >
    > "awpfonzy" <awpfonzy@discussions.microsoft.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
    > news:DF2BB923-247B-4A64-A6C4-9D877B39E1DD@microsoft.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...
    > > I did a fresh install of w2k and I can see the default file share from
    > > computer management (i.e. c$, ipc$, admin$...etc) but after a while they
    > just
    > > disappear.
    > > Any one have any suggestions on this? I've tried to recreate the share but
    > > it still doesn't retain the share. Need help on this one!

Default File System Microsoft Windows