Win 2000 stuck in safe mode

I've installed Windows Pro 2000 from disk twice. When boots, it opens in
Safe Mode even if I hit f8 and select normal boot or last best config or
anything else. When I log off and re-start, f8 shows it's defaulted to safe
mode again--though windows doesn't show "safe mode" printed in corners.

Can anyone help?
1 answer Last reply
More about 2000 stuck safe mode

    Check Event Viewer for errors. Check Device Manager for errors and or
    non-starting devices. Also check that [boot.ini]'s default start option
    doesn't use the /safeboot switch.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Deemer" wrote:
    | I've installed Windows Pro 2000 from disk twice. When boots, it opens in
    | Safe Mode even if I hit f8 and select normal boot or last best config or
    | anything else. When I log off and re-start, f8 shows it's defaulted to
    safe
    | mode again--though windows doesn't show "safe mode" printed in corners.
    |
    | Can anyone help?

Safe Mode File System Microsoft Windows