Sign in with
Your question

A question on vista and msi nx7600GT

Last response: in CPUs
September 6, 2006 8:11:11 AM

Well i have bought up a new machine with a8n sli deluxe,amd 3500+ venice core,msi nx7600GT and 1 gb ram.

I have an xp professional version 2002 SP2.I recently installed it and ran 3d mark 2006 for the first time on it.I was shocked to see the results.It was very high 3625 marks.Then getting so excited i overclocked it to COLONEL(D.O.T in MSI)and got 3839 points.Well i am very happy.

But soon i want to test and install WIN VISTA BETA 2 on my pc.But MSI does'nt have any driver for vista uptil now.SO i would have to use up the nvidia driver.Therefore i would'nt be able to use the D.O.T technology.That's my first prob,the second one is,would i get the high points as i got in my current xp.
and finally i installed win vista beta 1 on my pc first but it was a great ghost.It automatically set my display driver to STANDARD VGA GRAPHICS DRIVER and i was unable to install nvidia driver on vista beta 1.Would these problems exist in the win vista beta.

PLEASE REPLY
September 6, 2006 8:16:07 AM

Quote:
Well i have bought up a new machine with a8n sli deluxe,amd 3500+ venice core,msi nx7600GT and 1 gb ram.

I have an xp professional version 2002 SP2.I recently installed it and ran 3d mark 2006 for the first time on it.I was shocked to see the results.It was very high 3625 marks.Then getting so excited i overclocked it to COLONEL(D.O.T in MSI)and got 3839 points.Well i am very happy.

But soon i want to test and install WIN VISTA BETA 2 on my pc.But MSI does'nt have any driver for vista uptil now.SO i would have to use up the nvidia driver.Therefore i would'nt be able to use the D.O.T technology.That's my first prob,the second one is,would i get the high points as i got in my current xp.
and finally i installed win vista beta 1 on my pc first but it was a great ghost.It automatically set my display driver to STANDARD VGA GRAPHICS DRIVER and i was unable to install nvidia driver on vista beta 1.Would these problems exist in the win vista beta.

PLEASE REPLY

Why did you ost this in the CPU section. Using the nVidia driver is your only option.
September 6, 2006 11:29:21 AM

Then what would you say msi nx7600GT is good or the XFX 7600GT is good??
Related resources
September 6, 2006 11:30:28 AM

Quote:
Then what would you say msi nx7600GT is good or the XFX 7600GT is good??

I'd say WTF are you on about?
September 6, 2006 11:41:31 AM

Your speeds will be affected by the driver being used, but generally the nVidia ones are better than the MSI ones (less cruft!)

Install the nVidia drivers, you can then overclock using the Coolbits registry key - there are plenty of guides on how to do this on t'web.

Both 7600GTs you mention are good cards.
September 6, 2006 2:16:18 PM

Mkaibear is right. Just use the coolbits or NVtweak or something. The MSI is a really good 7600GT according to the reviews I've read so just go with it. You shouldn't have those display issues with vista beta 2. At least I had no issues with it messing with my display settings, shrug.
September 7, 2006 6:00:32 PM

WELL THE MAIN THING I WANT IS NO BUGS in the installation of drivers(be it any) on VISTA.

Well i had a review over net and i founded that the performance of msi nx7600GT is nearly equal to x1800GTO when overclocked a bit.And the main thing i liked about the msi nx7600GT was,it gave nice speeds with low temperatures.

I ran a test on FEAR with MAXIMUM settings with soft shadows ON(1024*768 pixels,4 AA,16x anistopic filtering) and it gave 52% above 50 fps(really a blow)

And i got a smooth framerate in DOOM3 with 8*AA.

But still my fear lies,would i get a respectable framerates in VISTA BETA2 from my graphic card??
September 7, 2006 7:06:52 PM

Quote:
WELL THE MAIN THING I WANT IS NO BUGS in the installation of drivers(be it any) on VISTA.

Well i had a review over net and i founded that the performance of msi nx7600GT is nearly equal to x1800GTO when overclocked a bit.And the main thing i liked about the msi nx7600GT was,it gave nice speeds with low temperatures.

I ran a test on FEAR with MAXIMUM settings with soft shadows ON(1024*768 pixels,4 AA,16x anistopic filtering) and it gave 52% above 50 fps(really a blow)

And i got a smooth framerate in DOOM3 with 8*AA.

But still my fear lies,would i get a respectable framerates in VISTA BETA2 from my graphic card??

Vista is not a game. Any half decent graphics card will be fine in Vista.
September 7, 2006 7:29:42 PM

Well i am not considering it to be a game.I thought that VISTA BETA 2 is not the final version i.e there might be some glitch.I am saying this coz when i used vista beta1 it was like a ghost on the pc.
!