C0000221 Bad Image Checksum

Hi All,

When booting a 2000 pro Compaq Evo, I get a Stop:C0000221 Bad Image
Checksum error. The image kernel32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header
checksum does not match the computed checksum. The harddrive clicks once
before the error message.
I tried running CHKDSK /R from the recovery console, it ran with out errors.
There has been nothing added to this machine in the last two weeks. I
removed the 512 memory stick I put in 2 weeks ago,and I'm running stock
again?

Any thoughts? run a auto repair? not crazy about reinstalling all my apps
if I don't have to!

TIA

gb

ghb3 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> When booting a 2000 pro Compaq Evo, I get a Stop:C0000221 Bad Image
> Checksum error. The image kernel32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header
> checksum does not match the computed checksum. The harddrive clicks once
> before the error message.
> I tried running CHKDSK /R from the recovery console, it ran with out errors.
> There has been nothing added to this machine in the last two weeks. I
> removed the 512 memory stick I put in 2 weeks ago,and I'm running stock
> again?

You can try to copy kernel32.dll from the ...\system32\dllcache
directory to ...\system32 from the Recovery Console. If this does not
help try to copy kernel32.dll from e.g. a Service Pack CD or something
to the ...\system32 directory.

--
Olof Lagerkvist sm6xmk
ICQ: 724451 @ssa.se

Thanks Olof!

Coping from the dll cache worked like a champ!!

Thanks again
gb
"Olof Lagerkvist" <no@email.address> wrote in message
> ghb3 wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When booting a 2000 pro Compaq Evo, I get a Stop:C0000221 Bad Image
>> Checksum error. The image kernel32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header
>> checksum does not match the computed checksum. The harddrive clicks once
>> before the error message.
>> I tried running CHKDSK /R from the recovery console, it ran with out
>> errors.
>> There has been nothing added to this machine in the last two weeks. I
>> removed the 512 memory stick I put in 2 weeks ago,and I'm running stock
>> again?
>
> You can try to copy kernel32.dll from the ...\system32\dllcache directory
> to ...\system32 from the Recovery Console. If this does not help try to
> copy kernel32.dll from e.g. a Service Pack CD or something to the
> ...\system32 directory.
>
> --
> Olof Lagerkvist sm6xmk
> ICQ: 724451 @ssa.se