dual file locations

Hi;

Is there anyway to set up a PC to save file folders to two locations at the
same time, local and to a file server. With out what happens on the local PC
affecting the file server location?

Mark M.
2 answers Last reply
More about dual file locations

    "Mark M." wrote:
    > Hi;
    >
    > Is there anyway to set up a PC to save file folders to two
    > locations at the
    > same time, local and to a file server. With out what happens
    > on the local PC
    > affecting the file server location?
    >
    > Mark M.

    If you are using Windows XP on the desktop, you can use the Offline
    Files option to sync server and desktop.

    Or you can use My Briefcase, but you would have to sync manually.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/File-System-dual-locations-ftopict373956.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1217669

    Hi:

    The PC in question is Wins 2000, the PC I have for file server is XP Pro.
    Any way to save default file settings to 2 PC's (IE History for one)
    --
    Thank you for you help

    "ianw1974" wrote:

    > "Mark M." wrote:
    > > Hi;
    > >
    > > Is there anyway to set up a PC to save file folders to two
    > > locations at the
    > > same time, local and to a file server. With out what happens
    > > on the local PC
    > > affecting the file server location?
    > >
    > > Mark M.
    >
    > If you are using Windows XP on the desktop, you can use the Offline
    > Files option to sync server and desktop.
    >
    > Or you can use My Briefcase, but you would have to sync manually.

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/File-System-dual-locations-ftopict373956.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1217669

File System File Server Microsoft Windows