service file name in 8.3 format

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 22, 2005 12:09:54 AM

Hi,
I'm running a program as service on win 2k pro sp4, it reads file names
in 8.3 format (this is my problem), if I don't run it as service it
reads file names in long format, the same program runs fine as service
on win xp home. I searched on internet, but I can't find solution to the
problem. Anyone can help me?
Thank you
Gilberto

More about : service file format

Anonymous
May 22, 2005 12:09:55 AM

This article may help.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121007

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Gilberto" wrote:
| Hi,
| I'm running a program as service on win 2k pro sp4, it reads file names
| in 8.3 format (this is my problem), if I don't run it as service it
| reads file names in long format, the same program runs fine as service
| on win xp home. I searched on internet, but I can't find solution to the
| problem. Anyone can help me?
| Thank you
| Gilberto
May 22, 2005 1:13:15 PM

Dave Patrick wrote:
> This article may help.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121007

Thank you very much, but I already read the article, I think it can't
help me. Both win 2k pro sp4 and win xp home have creation 8.3 file
names active. I run my scheduler (crons.exe) as service on both systems
and only on win 2k it reads file names in 8.3 format. When I run the
scheduler as regular program (not service) on both system it reads long
file names. May be this is a service setting problem, I think. Anyway
I'll try disable 8.3 file names creation on win 2k, but I don't believe
it will fix the problem.
Bye
Gilberto
!