service file name in 8.3 format

Hi,
I'm running a program as service on win 2k pro sp4, it reads file names
in 8.3 format (this is my problem), if I don't run it as service it
reads file names in long format, the same program runs fine as service
on win xp home. I searched on internet, but I can't find solution to the
problem. Anyone can help me?
Thank you
Gilberto
2 answers Last reply
More about service file format

    This article may help.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121007

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Dave Patrick wrote:
    > This article may help.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121007

    Thank you very much, but I already read the article, I think it can't
    help me. Both win 2k pro sp4 and win xp home have creation 8.3 file
    names active. I run my scheduler (crons.exe) as service on both systems
    and only on win 2k it reads file names in 8.3 format. When I run the
    scheduler as regular program (not service) on both system it reads long
    file names. May be this is a service setting problem, I think. Anyway
    I'll try disable 8.3 file names creation on win 2k, but I don't believe
    it will fix the problem.
    Bye
    Gilberto

File Name File System Format Windows