Non-PCI gigabit Ethernet controller

Hello there,

I wonder whether somebody provide non-PCI gigabit Ethernet controller.
I mean a Ethernet transceiver with PHY and MAC that can interface a
DSP, or a microcontroller to Ethernet communication. It seems most
gigabit Ethernet controller are communicating to PCI bus. Thanks for
the help,

DS
4 answers Last reply
More about gigabit ethernet controller

    Hi,

    I´ve been looking for a while and I´ve found several non-PCI gigabit
    controller. I give you a couple of them:
    www.lsilogic.com --> L8104 : This one has it own interface
    www.intel.com --> 82547EI : It needs an Intel bus (CSA), so I don´t
    know if it´s useful for you.
    www.pmc-sierra --> S/UNI 1xGE Ethernet Controller
    www.broadcom.com (I don´t know the P/N of this one, but there are some)

    I hope you find it useful!!

    -------------------------------------
    DigitalSignal wrote:

    > Hello there,

    > I wonder whether somebody provide non-PCI gigabit Ethernet controller.
    > I mean a Ethernet transceiver with PHY and MAC that can interface a
    > DSP, or a microcontroller to Ethernet communication. It seems most
    > gigabit Ethernet controller are communicating to PCI bus. Thanks for
    > the help,

    > DS

    Delivered via http://www.telecom-gear.com
    http://www.telecom-gear.com
    comp.dcom.lans.ethernet - 1780 messages and counting!

    gnathita wrote:

    > I´ve been looking for a while and I´ve found several non-PCI gigabit
    > controller. I give you a couple of them:

    Any S-100 bus? ;-)

    Hi,

    ASIX Electronics Corporation will have a Non-PCI gigabit controller ready
    soon. The product part number is AX88180 LF, 128-pin LQFP, S-RAM like bus,
    GMII interace supported. ASIX website is www.asix.com.tw.

    -------------------------------------
    gnathita wrote:

    > Hi,

    > I´ve been looking for a while and I´ve found several non-PCI gigabit
    > controller. I give you a couple of them:
    > www.lsilogic.com --> L8104 : This one has it own interface
    > www.intel.com --> 82547EI : It needs an Intel bus (CSA), so I
    > don´t
    > know if it´s useful for you.
    > www.pmc-sierra --> S/UNI 1xGE Ethernet Controller
    > www.broadcom.com (I don´t know the P/N of this one, but there are some)

    > I hope you find it useful!!

    > -------------------------------------
    > DigitalSignal wrote:

    >> Hello there,

    >> I wonder whether somebody provide non-PCI gigabit Ethernet
    >> controller.
    >> I mean a Ethernet transceiver with PHY and MAC that can interface
    >> DSP, or a microcontroller to Ethernet communication. It seems most
    >> gigabit Ethernet controller are communicating to PCI bus. Thanks
    >> for
    >> the help,

    >> DS

    > ##-----------------------------------------------##

    > Delivered via http://www.telecom-gear.com

    > http://www.telecom-gear.com

    > no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup -

    > comp.dcom.lans.ethernet - 1780 messages and counting!

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
    comp.dcom.lans.ethernet - 3074 messages and counting!

    Thanks. It is helpful

    DS

Ethernet Controller PCI Ethernet Card Networking