How to monitor network share moves/deletes

We need to be able to go back in time and see who moved/deleted particular
files & folders on network shares. Anybody have product recommendations?
thanks,
gl

Barry

"GL" <tracker1958@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We need to be able to go back in time and see who moved/deleted particular
> files & folders on network shares. Anybody have product recommendations?
> thanks,
> gl

I've been down the auditing road. Try finding the culprit 4 hours and 50
users later.

"barry" <bmercer@bnota.tk.com> wrote in message

> "GL" <tracker1958@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > We need to be able to go back in time and see who moved/deleted
particular
> > files & folders on network shares. Anybody have product recommendations?
> > thanks,
> > gl

I can't seem to get my audit policy working. I have configured the local
audit policy on the computer as well as the folder. I have verified there
are not conflicting domain policies, however, when I view the audit policy
settings, the "effective settings" are set to "no auditing". Can anyone help
me?

--
Change your thoughts and you change your world.

"meek" wrote:
> I can't seem to get my audit policy working. I have
> configured the local
> audit policy on the computer as well as the folder. I have
> verified there
> are not conflicting domain policies, however, when I view the
> audit policy
> settings, the "effective settings" are set to "no auditing".
> Can anyone help
> me?
>
> --
> Change your thoughts and you change your world.
>

> "GL" wrote:
>
> > We need to be able to go back in time and see who
> moved/deleted particular
> > files & folders on network shares. Anybody have product
> recommendations?
> > thanks,
> > gl

In the local security policy or in a GPO where the particular servers
falls under configure auditing for object access to success and then
configure auditing on the folders or files for the users/groups you
want to audit for success

Cheers,

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/File-System-monitor-network-share-moves-deletes-ftopict494036.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1739898