ActiveSync 3.8 - iPAQ 2410 - Lockups

January 12, 2005 10:07:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I'm experiencing some unusual behavior on my iPAQ 2410 since upgrading
to ActiveSync 3.8 -- After synchronizing with the desktop; it appears
to lock-up in the cradle and the USB symbol appears in the tool tray.

When you remove it from the cradle, it will not turn on. Only a soft
reset will awaken it and 'Activesync' is still in the task list. Trying
to end-task it will result in that error you get when something will
not terminate. It generally takes 2 soft resets to bring the unit to a
usable state.

I initially thought there were some improvements in 3.8, but it seems I
was mistaken. Before I back-rev the software to 3.7.1, I'd like to know
if anyone can shed any light on this.

Thanks,

A_C
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 12:47:48 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello,

Several posts in the group have reported a variety of issues with 3.8 and
various P/PCs doing similar things as to what you are experiencing. Not
really an answer, just a "your not alone" :-D

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm experiencing some unusual behavior on my iPAQ 2410 since upgrading
> to ActiveSync 3.8 -- After synchronizing with the desktop; it appears
> to lock-up in the cradle and the USB symbol appears in the tool tray.
>
> When you remove it from the cradle, it will not turn on. Only a soft
> reset will awaken it and 'Activesync' is still in the task list. Trying
> to end-task it will result in that error you get when something will
> not terminate. It generally takes 2 soft resets to bring the unit to a
> usable state.
>
> I initially thought there were some improvements in 3.8, but it seems I
> was mistaken. Before I back-rev the software to 3.7.1, I'd like to know
> if anyone can shed any light on this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> A_C

January 30, 2005 11:06:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:47:48 -0600, "Clinton Fitch \(Clinton Fitch
\(Dot\) Com!\)" <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Several posts in the group have reported a variety of issues with 3.8 and
>various P/PCs doing similar things as to what you are experiencing. Not
>really an answer, just a "your not alone" :-D
>
>Regards,

Just an update... After forcing my way up the support ladder at HP, I
finally got Customer Relations to replace it with a 4705, for a very
modest upgrade fee. Much less than I could have gone out and purchased
it for.

The new unit doesn't exhibit any of these symptoms and is remarkably
stable and fast.

Good show HP.

A_C
!