Bluetooth Connections

January 12, 2005 1:22:02 PM

Can you have multiple simultaneous connections using bluetooth? For
example, could I use a bluetooth keyboard while on a connection with a
bluetooth phone?

--
Sitruc

More about : bluetooth connections

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:22:03 PM

Sitruc,

If your Pocket PC has multiband bluetooth, then yes, you could do as you
have asked. However, to my knowledge, most P/PCs are uniband which wouldn't
work for you. You will need to check with your device manufacture site to
see what your particular unit offers.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"Sitruc" <sitruc@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Can you have multiple simultaneous connections using bluetooth? For
> example, could I use a bluetooth keyboard while on a connection with a
> bluetooth phone?
>
> --
> Sitruc

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:31:51 PM

"Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
<management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
> If your Pocket PC has multiband bluetooth, then yes, you could do as you
> have asked. However, to my knowledge, most P/PCs are uniband which
wouldn't
> work for you. You will need to check with your device manufacture site to
> see what your particular unit offers.

I have an HP Ipaq 2215. Does anyone know if this PPC is multiband. This is
a real limitation in my opinion if most PPC's don't support multiple
bluetooth connections simultaneously.

--
Sitruc
January 12, 2005 2:31:52 PM

After looking at the HP website, I found nothing related to the 2215 having
a multiband bluetooth ability.

Regards,

--

> "Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
> <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
>> If your Pocket PC has multiband bluetooth, then yes, you could do as you
>> have asked. However, to my knowledge, most P/PCs are uniband which
> wouldn't
>> work for you. You will need to check with your device manufacture site
>> see what your particular unit offers.
>
> I have an HP Ipaq 2215. Does anyone know if this PPC is multiband. This
> is
> a real limitation in my opinion if most PPC's don't support multiple
> bluetooth connections simultaneously.
>
> --
> Sitruc

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:31:53 PM

I'm not sure about the multi-band thing, but I know for a fact that I've had my ipaq 5550 connect to a headset and gps unit simultaneously.

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.pocketpc/<OlCJnWM#EHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>

After looking at the HP website, I found nothing related to the 2215 having
a multiband bluetooth ability.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor
Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
http://www.clintonfitch.com

"Sitruc" <sitruc@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> "Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
> <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
>> If your Pocket PC has multiband bluetooth, then yes, you could do as you
>> have asked. However, to my knowledge, most P/PCs are uniband which
> wouldn't
>> work for you. You will need to check with your device manufacture site
>> see what your particular unit offers.
>
> I have an HP Ipaq 2215. Does anyone know if this PPC is multiband. This
> is
> a real limitation in my opinion if most PPC's don't support multiple
> bluetooth connections simultaneously.
>
> --
> Sitruc

[microsoft.public.pocketpc]
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:52:46 PM

Brian,

Do you know/remember if the HP site or your 5550's documentation states that
it is multiband (or similar language) with regard to Bluetooth? Regardless,
thanks for the post. This is good information for the group to know.

Thanks,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"Brian H" <brianh4321@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o uEI$3M%23EHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I'm not sure about the multi-band thing, but I know for a fact that I've
> had my ipaq 5550 connect to a headset and gps unit simultaneously.
>

> nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.pocketpc/<OlCJnWM#EHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>
>
> After looking at the HP website, I found nothing related to the 2215
> having
> a multiband bluetooth ability.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>

> "Sitruc" <sitruc@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> > "Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
> > <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
> >> If your Pocket PC has multiband bluetooth, then yes, you could do as
> >> you
> >> have asked. However, to my knowledge, most P/PCs are uniband which
> > wouldn't
> >> work for you. You will need to check with your device manufacture site
> >> see what your particular unit offers.
> >
> > I have an HP Ipaq 2215. Does anyone know if this PPC is multiband. This
> > is
> > a real limitation in my opinion if most PPC's don't support multiple
> > bluetooth connections simultaneously.
> >
> > --
> > Sitruc
> >

> [microsoft.public.pocketpc]

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 4:18:31 PM

Hello. I use an HP IPAQ h5550. I use my bluetooth with my multiple devices
frequently. I have used gps, cell phone and stereo headphones at the same
time over bluetooth and it works fine. I do have issues about bandwidth as
the stereo headphones sound a little distorted when i am syncing via the
cell phone over bluetooth. The gps software has audible directions that will
play out over the stereo headphones and that works well. Hope this helps, I
don't have the same unit as you, but they are part of the same family.

Geordie Glazer

"Sitruc" <sitruc@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Can you have multiple simultaneous connections using bluetooth? For
> example, could I use a bluetooth keyboard while on a connection with a
> bluetooth phone?
>
> --
> Sitruc

Anonymous
January 13, 2005 9:51:34 AM

Yes... I use the Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard while connected to GPRS over
Bluetooth.

I also use it while connected to ActiveSync over Bluetooth - I even use the
Bluetooth mouse, keyboard and ActiveSync all at the same time.

I'm using a h4150 and have tested this on a PDA2k, and on i-mate PPC PE.

Most of the times HID is fully compatible with other profiles.

"Sitruc" <sitruc@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> Can you have multiple simultaneous connections using bluetooth? For
> example, could I use a bluetooth keyboard while on a connection with a
> bluetooth phone?
>
> --
> Sitruc

Anonymous
January 13, 2005 12:12:59 PM

Group,

I've did some more research on this last night.

It looks like most Windows Mobile device OEMs are using the Bluetooth 1.1
standard. That standard allows for 75 2.5 GHz channels, each of which can
be used for connections. So, in theory, if your device is using v1.1,
multiple devices should not be a problem. The only catch in this would be
if an OEM chooses not to use the full 1.1 standard (i.e., limit the number
of channels or some other limitation).

No warranty or guarantee implied! :-D But it sounds like most users should
be good-to-go on multiple BT connections.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
<management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
> Sitruc,
>
> If your Pocket PC has multiband bluetooth, then yes, you could do as you
> have asked. However, to my knowledge, most P/PCs are uniband which
> wouldn't work for you. You will need to check with your device
> manufacture site to see what your particular unit offers.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>

> "Sitruc" <sitruc@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
>> Can you have multiple simultaneous connections using bluetooth? For
>> example, could I use a bluetooth keyboard while on a connection with a
>> bluetooth phone?
>>
>> --
>> Sitruc

Anonymous
January 13, 2005 10:51:05 PM

Sitruc, i always using the activesync between ipaq 2210/2215 and my
computer, while that devices connected i also use the bluetooth to access
the sms in my phone. For now, i just try the 2 bluetooth connection
simultaneously and it's work.

!