AMD unveils Athlon64X2 5200+

chiefwonk

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
The 5200+ runs at a clock speed of 2.6 GHz and is fitted with a dual, 1-MB L2 cache

What new with this? it may be the same as FX60
how competitive it be to the C2D family?

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
http://www.zipcomputers.com.au/store/view_product.php?product=CPU-AMD-M2-X5200

PROCESSOR : AM2 Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 5200+
FREQUENCY : 2600Mhz
OPERATING MODE: 32/64
HT SPEED : 2000
THERMAL POWER : 89W
L1 CACHE : 2 x 128KB
L2 CACHE : 2 x 512KB
CMOS TECHNOLOGY: 90nm SOI
SOCKET SOCKET : AM2
AMD64 Technology : Yes
* 3DNow technology, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
* HyperTransport technology: up to 8.0 GB/s
* Memory bandwidth: up to 12.8 GB/s ; Total: up to 20.8 GB/
* HyperTransport technology up to 2000MHz, full duplex
* Enhanced Virus Protection
* 154 to 227 million transisitors
* Processor-In-a-Box contains high-performance AMD processor
AMD-qualified heatsink/fan with thermal interface (Not included in WOF)
Installation manual
AMD processor case sticker
Certificate of authenticity
3-year limited warranty

Normal Price: $1699.00

Sale Price $1599.00
Excellent. I'll buy 10.

chiefwonk

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
its too pricy bro its the link for real...that means more pricy than c2d x6800
how about the benchmarks does it beat x6800

sailer

Splendid
$1599. ????? A person could build and entire computer for that much, using a less expensive cpu, of course. Better buy would be a FX-62 for $827 at Newegg, both faster and cheaper.

Bosaka

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Wow AMD really needs to switch to a Turion esque model numbering scheme...this 5200+ crap is getting outta hand.

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
$1599. ????? A person could build and entire computer for that much, using a less expensive cpu, of course. Better buy would be a FX-62 for $827 at Newegg, both faster and cheaper.
I know, it's scary, but what's even scarier is that we know people who would gladly pay this price for one. And, there are other ways to get one:

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I want an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ and another picture of Hector Ruiz, and that autograph from Sharikou that you still haven't given to me, and if I don't get these, then you must work for Intel, and should immediately drop dead you heartless son-of a...

Sincerely,
9-inch 8)
Parrot :lol:

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
I know, it's scary, but what's even scarier is that we know people who would gladly pay this price for one. And, there are other ways to get one:

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I want an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ and another picture of Hector Ruiz, and that autograph from Sharikou that you still haven't given to me, and if I don't get these, then you must work for Intel, and should immediately drop dead you heartless son-of a...

Sincerely,
9-inch 8)

LMAO.. you forgot Baron Matrix..:p

sailer

Splendid

A better buy is an E6600, 350 bucks and it is faster and cheaper, and runs cooler.

True enough. I was just keeping to the AMD side of things for comparison.

sailer

Splendid
[quote="JumpingJack I am wondering if the availability for the 5200+ will be the same or better than what we see from the 5000+...[/quote]

Now we're walking into a fantasy land of paper products instead of real stuff that can be bought..

tica

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
just wait until newegg prices it LOL

some distys now say the ETA for the 5000 is Oct. 4 or later.

Has Dell brought them all?? And if so - looks like Dell would want to sell some before Xmas since it missed back to school.

Maybe a Halloween special perhaps.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Dear Santa,

For Christmas I want two AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ and a Quadfather motherboard, and that Turion X2 laptop that you still haven't given to me, and if I don't get these, then you must work for Intel, and should immediately drop dead you heartless son-of a...

Sincerely,
BaronMatrix

I fixed it. The changes I made are in bold.

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
Dear Santa,

For Christmas I want two AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ and a Quadfather motherboard, and that Turion X2 laptop that you still haven't given to me, and if I don't get these, then you must work for Intel, and should immediately drop dead you heartless son-of a...

Sincerely,
BaronMatrix

I fixed it. The changes are in bold.
Just make a fillable template out of it:
Dear Santa,

For Christmas I want {Insert Product Here} and a / another picture of {Insert Vaporware/CEO Here}, and that / autograph from {Insert Inferior Product/FUDmaster Here} that you still haven't given to me, and if I don't get these, then you must work for {Insert Preferred Corporate Satan Here}, and should immediately drop dead you heartless son-of a...

Sincerely,
{Insert Fanboy Here}

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
it may be the same as FX60
if this happens, than formaly X2(at least one model) will be compatible with 4x4. that means BBS, 9nm and other extremists will yield and make smoke about how smart they were when they said that X2 CPUs will be compatible with 4x4. What they will remain to ignore is the saulty price of those chips, which they can not afford.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Dear Santa,

Sincerely,
9-inch 8)

LMAO.. you forgot Baron Matrix..:p

Maybe he realizes I would never pay that much for ANY CPU.

TRENDING THREADS