restoring data from dynamic disk

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

I have a 250G Maxtor that is unreadable, but it appears that
the only thing wrong with it is that I formatted it as a dynamic disk.
(oviously, not knowing what I was doing since I don't remember
doing the format that way) On top of that, later I tried to move
it to another machine, and get rid of the original bootdisk. Oooops.

How can I turn back a dynamic disk to a basic disk without losing
the data on it when I don't have the rest of the set? Alternatively, is
there any way/tool to read the data out from the drive?

TIA

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Hi John,
You can try disk probe which can be found under support tools:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windowsnt/4/workstation/reskit/en-us/utilityw.mspx

Lukesh