Window s 2000 Pro, Windows Exploerer

I'm having a problem where Windows Exploerer only seems to recognize the
contens of the CD-ROM most recently loaded in the CD-ROM drive. If I have
Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Pro in, then switch to a music (or any other CD data or
otherwise), Windows Explorer thinks the cd is still the previous one. The
only cure I've found is to reboot

Furthermore, if I identify multiple file from various locations on my hard
drive (say via a HD search) and try to move or copy the to another
directory...nothing. Just won't do it .

Any suggestions?

dl

In explorer, when you've changed cd, does not 'refresh' help?