Help - Deleted User Profile

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 14, 2005 10:44:03 AM

Anybody know how to retrieve a user’s documents after a user’s profile has
been deleted. In other words, a managers User Profile was deleted from a
Windows 2000 workstation OS and we wish to retrieve this managers documents.

Take into consideration that the files were not deleted, rather the profile
was deleted and that resulted in the c:\documents and settings\UserID\my
documents and all sub folders were removed from the hard drive and NOT placed
in the Recycle Bin.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

More about : deleted user profile

Anonymous
June 14, 2005 1:26:26 PM

Restore from backup. No other way.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"tjdd1" <tjdd1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anybody know how to retrieve a user's documents after a user's profile has
> been deleted. In other words, a managers User Profile was deleted from a
> Windows 2000 workstation OS and we wish to retrieve this managers
> documents.
>
> Take into consideration that the files were not deleted, rather the
> profile
> was deleted and that resulted in the c:\documents and settings\UserID\my
> documents and all sub folders were removed from the hard drive and NOT
> placed
> in the Recycle Bin.
>
> Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 12:08:10 AM

tjdd1 brought next idea :
> Anybody know how to retrieve a user�s documents after a user�s profile
> has been deleted. In other words, a managers User Profile was deleted from a
> Windows 2000 workstation OS and we wish to retrieve this managers documents.
>
> Take into consideration that the files were not deleted, rather the profile
> was deleted and that resulted in the c:\documents and settings\UserID\my
> documents and all sub folders were removed from the hard drive and NOT placed
> in the Recycle Bin.
>
> Thanks for any insight you can provide!

file recovery tools
backup restore

in the future split up documents and profile

grtz

--
just a suggestion:

d;-p