Sign in with
Your question

Watch This Topic for Replies?

Last response: in Forum Feedback
April 24, 2007 11:45:07 PM

Is there any chance of the 'Watch This Topic for Replies' link being added to the bottom of the page? It seems to me to be a more appropriate place to put it. :) 

More about : watch topic replies

July 9, 2007 6:17:39 PM

Bring this feature back. I of course mean for the new version of the forum that is up now. (July '07)
July 9, 2007 7:33:15 PM

Previous 'Watch This Topic' feature was triggering an email notification ?
If this is not the case, the feature is not relevant anymore since this is handled automatically through the flags markers
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 10, 2007 11:52:09 AM

joce said:
Previous 'Watch This Topic' feature was triggering an email notification ?
If this is not the case, the feature is not relevant anymore since this is handled automatically through the flags markers

How does the Flag Marker work? It used to be when you posted something you would automatically get an E Mail when there were replies and this is no longer the case.
July 10, 2007 11:58:08 AM

g-paw said:
How does the Flag Marker work? It used to be when you posted something you would automatically get an E Mail when there were replies and this is no longer the case.

There's a check box below the text window I'm typing in that says: Enable the mail notification of this thread.... Tick the box when you submit the post & you should be notified by email when a reply is posted.....

You may try (I haven't tried it myself but) to edit the posts you want notified about & check the box.... That might turn it on for you in those posts......
July 10, 2007 4:24:08 PM

Apparently this option is only available when you click Post Reply or Quote Message but not for a Quick Reply. I would think this should be available in Quick Reply as well. Actually, I liked it the old way where you automatically got send an E Mail every time you posted. I think you used to be able to set this up under your user configuration. Also, smileys not available for Quick Replies. I think this new set up assumes a degree of intelligence some of us don't have. :) 
July 11, 2007 6:14:26 PM

agreed, w/o having a global setting to be notified on ALL your replies it becomes tedious. Having that set and then manually unchecking it if you DONT want the notification is better IMO.

Bring that back (the global setting in your profile) and the rest would be better.
July 11, 2007 6:35:09 PM

This is something planned. You can also activate the email notification with the icon in the top right of a topic
July 11, 2007 6:42:59 PM

ya, understand that... just liked the old global setting. rock on.
July 12, 2007 9:58:46 AM

g-paw said:

Try to have a look at the user doc here :
http://www.mydiscussions.net/doc/english/user/html/
(search on the top left for "flag")

The sum up is :
The two colours (blue and red) are used to make two types of messages.
  • Blue is used for the topics in which you participated
  • Red is used for topics that you have been reading but not participated yet.
    July 12, 2007 11:32:23 AM

The bigger problem now for me is the inability to designate who you're responding to without quoting them. Makes it very difficult to following conversations. On the upside there are some very neat smiley faces, got to give credit where credit is do. :bounce: 
    July 12, 2007 11:44:26 AM

I recommand you to quote until I implement something to indicate who you're responding without the full quote ;) 
    July 12, 2007 4:43:09 PM

joce said:
    I recommand you to quote until I implement something to indicate who you're responding without the full quote ;) 

Will do, just glad it's getting fixed. You do have my sympathy. From the little I've read it looks like the people that did the redesign of the board are getting bear up pretty good. :) 
    July 15, 2007 9:46:23 AM

joce said:
    This is something planned. You can also activate the email notification with the icon in the top right of a topic

When one clicks the 'watch this thread for replies' it seems that the only way to get back home is to reload the website....

I'd have to agree with Sojurner that the 'old' way was a bit more effecient (even though for we lurkers the 'watch the thread' was a viable option...)

and also with G-Paw that having to quote to denote who one is replying to is wasteful of system resources.

I'd also either like the thread count re-enabled, or a clearer definition of 'stranger' and 'member' classifications. Post count would be more accurate...

And the number of popups is getting ridiculous. I don't post so you can advertise within my post. Personal gripe.
    !