Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

"my computer" system folder freezes

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 9:54:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Sorry to start a new thread, but the old one disappeared from outlook
express...

Here is were I left off:



Michael,

I did get the upgrade advisor (version 6.0.2448.0) from the web site you
suggested. I get the same error message:

==============================================
Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
newer than the version on the CD.

Warning: If you decide to delete the newer version of Windows that is
currently installed on your computer, the files and settings cannot be
recovered.
==============================================

Any idea why I keep getting this error message?

Thanks,

Clem.


"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
news:ungt4$cwEHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Obviously, something is corrupted in the old account but the information
> you posted from event log is symptomatic as opposed to causal.
>
> You might try downloading the compatibility checker from the following
> site, it is known as the Upgrade Advisor:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/adviso...
>
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
> news:ePJ3uiTwEHA.2172@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>
>> Michael,
>>
>> since my prior response, I have made some other discoveries:
>>
>> 1, drivers are up to date.
>>
>> 2, I have created a new account, and that account does not have the
>> problem with the "my computer" system folder crashing.
>>
>> Does this help in figuring out the problem? (I would prefer to continue
>> using the old account because of the many settings associated with
>> it...)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Clem.
>>
>>> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>> news:%23ONGBUEwEHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>>> Yes, I would run the System Compatibility Check.
>>>>
>>>> Also, check your device manufacturers websites for the latest drivers.
>>>>
>>>> Also, you might try temporarily disabling or otherwise uninstalling
>>>> your antivirus as sometimes antivirus software can cause this type of
>>>> issue. Do this as a last resort if none of the above help. If it
>>>> proves to be the issue, you'll enact to contact Trend Micro for help
>>>> with this issue.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>>>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>>>
>>>> "C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
>>>> news:%23VUuNA8uEHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>>>
>>>>> Michael,
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you for your response.
>>>>>
>>>>> I use Trend Micro Internet Security, my pattern version is constantly
>>>>> (sometimes several times daily) updated, and a system scan finds no
>>>>> viruses.
>>>>>
>>>>> Ad-Aware SE v. 6._ w/ the latest pattern file finds only a few
>>>>> tracking
>>>>> cookies (deleted).
>>>>>
>>>>> I unchecked "Automatically Restart" as you suggested, but when I go to
>>>>> "My
>>>>> Computer" and click "Change a Setting," the system freezes until I
>>>>> close
>>>>> the window, and no blue screen is displayed.
>>>>>
>>>>> The event viewer shows the following info:
>>>>> ============================================
>>>>> Event Type: Information
>>>>> Event Source: Winlogon
>>>>> Event Category: None
>>>>> Event ID: 1002
>>>>> Date: 10/26/2004
>>>>> Time: 8:20:53 PM
>>>>> User: N/A
>>>>> Computer: DELL04
>>>>> Description:
>>>>> The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
>>>>>
>>>>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>>>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>>>>> ============================================================
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I followed that link and get this information:
>>>>>
>>>>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>>>> Details
>>>>> Product: Windows Operating System
>>>>> ID: 1002
>>>>> Source: Winlogon
>>>>> Version: 5.0
>>>>> Component: Application Event Log
>>>>> Symbolic Name: EVENT_SHELL_RESTARTED
>>>>> Message: The shell stopped unexpectedly and %1 was
>>>>> restarted.
>>>>>
>>>>> Explanation
>>>>> The shell was stopped and then restarted. By default, the
>>>>> shell
>>>>> is explorer.exe; however, you might have a customized shell.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> User Action
>>>>> No user action is required.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Version: 5.2
>>>>> Symbolic Name: EVENT_SHELL_RESTARTED
>>>>> Message: The shell stopped unexpectedly and %1 was
>>>>> restarted.
>>>>>
>>>>> Explanation
>>>>> The shell was stopped and then restarted. By default, the
>>>>> shell
>>>>> is explorer.exe; however, you might have a customized shell.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> User Action
>>>>> No user action is required.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>
>>>>> Related Knowledge Base articles
>>>>> You can find additional information on this topic in
>>>>> the
>>>>> following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
>>>>> . A security policy does not process restricted groups
>>>>> correctly
>>>>> If you configure a restricted group by using Group
>>>>> Policy,
>>>>> the membership list is incomplete when the group is processed by the
>>>>> client.
>>>>> This problem is indicated by events from the SceCle and Userenv
>>>>> sources in
>>>>> the application event log. For...
>>>>>
>>>>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>>>>
>>>>> I follow the link to
>>>>>
>>>>> Article ID : 320099
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> but I do not, quite honestly, understand what that article is about.
>>>>>
>>>>> I imagine that this might be related to installing SP2?
>>>>>
>>>>> Any advice where to go from here? Should I use my XP CD and generate
>>>>> the
>>>>> "Check System Compatibility" report?
>>>>>
>>>>> All help is appreciated!
>>>>>
>>>>> Clem.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>>>> news:elAS7LtuEHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> First, be sure your antivirus software has the latest definitions and
>>>>>> run
>>>>>> a
>>>>>> virus scan.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Second, download, install and run Ad Aware:
>>>>>> www.lavasoftusa.com
>>>>>> Note: you should always be well backed up before running an
>>>>>> application of
>>>>>> this type.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> If your system is clear of viruses, open Control Panel, open System,
>>>>>> go to
>>>>>> the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery, remove
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> check from "Automatically Restart" under System Failure. This will
>>>>>> cause
>>>>>> the system to blue screen instead of restarting on errors and the
>>>>>> information on the blue screen may give a clue as to the source of
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> issue.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Open Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Event Viewer,
>>>>>> look for
>>>>>> errors corresponding to the crash, double click the error, the
>>>>>> information
>>>>>> contained within may give a clue as to the
>>>>>> source of the problem. If you don't understand the information
>>>>>> inside,
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> third button down in that dialog box will copy the information,
>>>>>> you can then paste it into a message and post it here and maybe we
>>>>>> can
>>>>>> figure out what is going on.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Assuming you have an XP CD and not a recovery CD, place the XP CD in
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> drive, when the setup screen appears, select "Check System
>>>>>> Compatibility,"
>>>>>> the report it generates may point to problem hardware or software on
>>>>>> your
>>>>>> system. If you do not have an XP CD, you can download this
>>>>>> application
>>>>>> known as the Upgrade Advisor from the following site:
>>>>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgradi...
>>>>>> Note: If you have access to a broadband connection it might be best
>>>>>> to
>>>>>> download using that as this is a rather large download.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Check for the latest drivers for your hardware, especially your
>>>>>> graphics
>>>>>> card and soundcard and all peripherals connected to your system. Do
>>>>>> not
>>>>>> use
>>>>>> Windows Update for this, go to the device manufacturer's web sites
>>>>>> and if
>>>>>> you install updated drivers, ignore the message about drivers being
>>>>>> unsigned
>>>>>> by Microsoft. *Before installing any drivers, be sure you are well
>>>>>> backed
>>>>>> up and it's probably a good idea to manually create a restore point
>>>>>> in
>>>>>> System Restore in case you have problems as a result of the driver
>>>>>> update
>>>>>> and note, System Restore is not a substitute for a backup. Start\All
>>>>>> Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>>>>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>>>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>>>>>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:o ekhBLkuEHA.1520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>> When I double-click "My Computer" on the desktop, the folder opens,
>>>>>>> but
>>>>>>> almost all commands (change a setting, my network places, my
>>>>>>> documents,
>>>>>>> control panel) cause the "My Computer" window to freeze, and I have
>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>> terminate it. I have no problem accessing the various system folders
>>>>>>> etc
>>>>>>> from the "start" button.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Any idea what is going on?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Clem.
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 9:54:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

And this was my response:
Two other things I can offer as follows:

The following assumes you have an actual XP CD as opposed to a restore CD or
restore partition supplied by your PC manufacturer.

Go to Start, type sfc /scannow in the run box and press enter. Note, there
is a space between sfc and the forward slash. You will be asked for your XP
CD. Be aware, upon inserting the CD the XP setup screen may appear, this is
not a part of sfc /scannow, rather it is being invoked by autorun. Simply
minimize the screen and allow sfc to continue.

If the above fails to resolve the issue, try a repair install as follows:

Be sure you are well backed up in case there is a problem from which you are
unable to recover. NOTE, while a repair install should leave your data
files intact, if something goes wrong during the repair install, you may be
forced to start over and do a clean install of XP. If you don't have your
data backed up, you would lose your data should that eventuality occur.

Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive, boot with the XP
CD in the drive. If it isn't or you are not sure, you need to enter the
system's BIOS. When you boot the system, the first screen usually has
instructions that if you wish to enter setup press a specific key, when you
see that, do so. Then you will have to navigate to the boot sequence, if
the CD-ROM drive is not first line, set it first in the boot sequence. Save
your settings and exit with the XP CD in the drive. The system will reboot.

Boot from the CD. If your system is set to be able to boot from the CD, it
should detect the disk and give a brief message, during the boot up, if you
wish to boot from the CD press any key.

Once you have pressed a key, setup should begin. You will see a reference
asking if you need to load special drivers and another notice that if you
wish to begin the ASR (Automatic Recovery Console) depress F2. Just let
setup run past all of that. It will continue to load files and drivers.

Then it will bring you to a screen. Eventually, you will come to a screen
with the option to (1) setup Windows or (2) Repair Windows Installation
using the Recovery console.

The first option, to setup Windows is the one you want and requires you to
press enter. When asked, press F8 to accept the end user agreement. Setup
will then search for previous versions of Windows. Upon finding your
version, it will ask if you wish to Repair your current installation or
install fresh. Press R, that will run a repair installation. From there
on, follow the screens.


--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

"C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
news:upjS%23mswEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Sorry to start a new thread, but the old one disappeared from outlook
> express...
>
> Here is were I left off:
>
>
>
> Michael,
>
> I did get the upgrade advisor (version 6.0.2448.0) from the web site you
> suggested. I get the same error message:
>
> ==============================================
> Setup cannot continue because the version of Windows on your computer is
> newer than the version on the CD.
>
> Warning: If you decide to delete the newer version of Windows that is
> currently installed on your computer, the files and settings cannot be
> recovered.
> ==============================================
>
> Any idea why I keep getting this error message?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Clem.
>
>
> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
> news:ungt4$cwEHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> Obviously, something is corrupted in the old account but the information
>> you posted from event log is symptomatic as opposed to causal.
>>
>> You might try downloading the compatibility checker from the following
>> site, it is known as the Upgrade Advisor:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/adviso...
>>
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>
>> "C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
>> news:ePJ3uiTwEHA.2172@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> Michael,
>>>
>>> since my prior response, I have made some other discoveries:
>>>
>>> 1, drivers are up to date.
>>>
>>> 2, I have created a new account, and that account does not have the
>>> problem with the "my computer" system folder crashing.
>>>
>>> Does this help in figuring out the problem? (I would prefer to continue
>>> using the old account because of the many settings associated with
>>> it...)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Clem.
>>>
>>>> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:%23ONGBUEwEHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Yes, I would run the System Compatibility Check.
>>>>>
>>>>> Also, check your device manufacturers websites for the latest drivers.
>>>>>
>>>>> Also, you might try temporarily disabling or otherwise uninstalling
>>>>> your antivirus as sometimes antivirus software can cause this type of
>>>>> issue. Do this as a last resort if none of the above help. If it
>>>>> proves to be the issue, you'll enact to contact Trend Micro for help
>>>>> with this issue.
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>>>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>>>>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>>>>
>>>>> "C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
>>>>> news:%23VUuNA8uEHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Michael,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you for your response.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I use Trend Micro Internet Security, my pattern version is constantly
>>>>>> (sometimes several times daily) updated, and a system scan finds no
>>>>>> viruses.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Ad-Aware SE v. 6._ w/ the latest pattern file finds only a few
>>>>>> tracking
>>>>>> cookies (deleted).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I unchecked "Automatically Restart" as you suggested, but when I go
>>>>>> to
>>>>>> "My
>>>>>> Computer" and click "Change a Setting," the system freezes until I
>>>>>> close
>>>>>> the window, and no blue screen is displayed.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The event viewer shows the following info:
>>>>>> ============================================
>>>>>> Event Type: Information
>>>>>> Event Source: Winlogon
>>>>>> Event Category: None
>>>>>> Event ID: 1002
>>>>>> Date: 10/26/2004
>>>>>> Time: 8:20:53 PM
>>>>>> User: N/A
>>>>>> Computer: DELL04
>>>>>> Description:
>>>>>> The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>>>>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>>>>>> ============================================================
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I followed that link and get this information:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>>>>> Details
>>>>>> Product: Windows Operating System
>>>>>> ID: 1002
>>>>>> Source: Winlogon
>>>>>> Version: 5.0
>>>>>> Component: Application Event Log
>>>>>> Symbolic Name: EVENT_SHELL_RESTARTED
>>>>>> Message: The shell stopped unexpectedly and %1 was
>>>>>> restarted.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Explanation
>>>>>> The shell was stopped and then restarted. By default, the
>>>>>> shell
>>>>>> is explorer.exe; however, you might have a customized shell.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> User Action
>>>>>> No user action is required.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Version: 5.2
>>>>>> Symbolic Name: EVENT_SHELL_RESTARTED
>>>>>> Message: The shell stopped unexpectedly and %1 was
>>>>>> restarted.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Explanation
>>>>>> The shell was stopped and then restarted. By default, the
>>>>>> shell
>>>>>> is explorer.exe; however, you might have a customized shell.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> User Action
>>>>>> No user action is required.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Related Knowledge Base articles
>>>>>> You can find additional information on this topic in
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
>>>>>> . A security policy does not process restricted
>>>>>> groups
>>>>>> correctly
>>>>>> If you configure a restricted group by using Group
>>>>>> Policy,
>>>>>> the membership list is incomplete when the group is processed by the
>>>>>> client.
>>>>>> This problem is indicated by events from the SceCle and Userenv
>>>>>> sources in
>>>>>> the application event log. For...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I follow the link to
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Article ID : 320099
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> but I do not, quite honestly, understand what that article is about.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I imagine that this might be related to installing SP2?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Any advice where to go from here? Should I use my XP CD and generate
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> "Check System Compatibility" report?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> All help is appreciated!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Clem.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:elAS7LtuEHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>> First, be sure your antivirus software has the latest definitions
>>>>>>> and
>>>>>>> run
>>>>>>> a
>>>>>>> virus scan.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Second, download, install and run Ad Aware:
>>>>>>> www.lavasoftusa.com
>>>>>>> Note: you should always be well backed up before running an
>>>>>>> application of
>>>>>>> this type.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> If your system is clear of viruses, open Control Panel, open System,
>>>>>>> go to
>>>>>>> the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery, remove
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> check from "Automatically Restart" under System Failure. This will
>>>>>>> cause
>>>>>>> the system to blue screen instead of restarting on errors and the
>>>>>>> information on the blue screen may give a clue as to the source of
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> issue.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Open Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Event Viewer,
>>>>>>> look for
>>>>>>> errors corresponding to the crash, double click the error, the
>>>>>>> information
>>>>>>> contained within may give a clue as to the
>>>>>>> source of the problem. If you don't understand the information
>>>>>>> inside,
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> third button down in that dialog box will copy the information,
>>>>>>> you can then paste it into a message and post it here and maybe we
>>>>>>> can
>>>>>>> figure out what is going on.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Assuming you have an XP CD and not a recovery CD, place the XP CD in
>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>> drive, when the setup screen appears, select "Check System
>>>>>>> Compatibility,"
>>>>>>> the report it generates may point to problem hardware or software on
>>>>>>> your
>>>>>>> system. If you do not have an XP CD, you can download this
>>>>>>> application
>>>>>>> known as the Upgrade Advisor from the following site:
>>>>>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgradi...
>>>>>>> Note: If you have access to a broadband connection it might be best
>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>> download using that as this is a rather large download.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Check for the latest drivers for your hardware, especially your
>>>>>>> graphics
>>>>>>> card and soundcard and all peripherals connected to your system. Do
>>>>>>> not
>>>>>>> use
>>>>>>> Windows Update for this, go to the device manufacturer's web sites
>>>>>>> and if
>>>>>>> you install updated drivers, ignore the message about drivers being
>>>>>>> unsigned
>>>>>>> by Microsoft. *Before installing any drivers, be sure you are well
>>>>>>> backed
>>>>>>> up and it's probably a good idea to manually create a restore point
>>>>>>> in
>>>>>>> System Restore in case you have problems as a result of the driver
>>>>>>> update
>>>>>>> and note, System Restore is not a substitute for a backup.
>>>>>>> Start\All
>>>>>>> Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
>>>>>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>>>>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
>>>>>>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> "C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
>>>>>>> news:o ekhBLkuEHA.1520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>> When I double-click "My Computer" on the desktop, the folder opens,
>>>>>>>> but
>>>>>>>> almost all commands (change a setting, my network places, my
>>>>>>>> documents,
>>>>>>>> control panel) cause the "My Computer" window to freeze, and I have
>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>> terminate it. I have no problem accessing the various system
>>>>>>>> folders
>>>>>>>> etc
>>>>>>>> from the "start" button.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Any idea what is going on?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Clem.
>
>
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 11:41:30 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi, Clem.

Michael Solomon is handling your real question. Let me try this side issue:

> Sorry to start a new thread, but the old one disappeared from outlook
> express...

Threads shouldn't "disappear" from OE. But you may need to change the
setting for how long to keep messages you've downloaded.

Click Tools | Options..., then the Maintenance tab. In the middle of that
screen is the line to "Delete news messages ___ days after being
downloaded." The default is just 5 days, as I recall, but you can change
this. Mine is set to 32 days, so I can still read the thread you started on
10/24/04; looks like about 10 messages in that thread.

If you change your Synchronization Settings for this newsgroup to All
Messages, you probably can re-download that prior thread. (It will also
download all the other current threads, so it may take a while. You might
also want to click the Read tab and change how many to download at a time -
or remove the check from the box to get them all.) Then it will be deleted
5 (or 32 or whatever you say) days after downloading to your hard drive -
NOT that many days after the messages were posted on the server.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@corridor.net
Microsoft Windows MVP

"C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
news:upjS%23mswEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Sorry to start a new thread, but the old one disappeared from outlook
> express...
<SNIP>
> Clem.
<SNIP>
Related resources
Anonymous
November 5, 2004 11:35:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

RC:

Thanks for your advice! I got the old thread back. I'll continue to post to
that, as the saga unravels.

Clem.

"R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
news:et8tKW0wEHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi, Clem.
>
> Michael Solomon is handling your real question. Let me try this side
> issue:
>
>> Sorry to start a new thread, but the old one disappeared from outlook
>> express...
>
> Threads shouldn't "disappear" from OE. But you may need to change the
> setting for how long to keep messages you've downloaded.
>
> Click Tools | Options..., then the Maintenance tab. In the middle of that
> screen is the line to "Delete news messages ___ days after being
> downloaded." The default is just 5 days, as I recall, but you can change
> this. Mine is set to 32 days, so I can still read the thread you started
> on 10/24/04; looks like about 10 messages in that thread.
>
> If you change your Synchronization Settings for this newsgroup to All
> Messages, you probably can re-download that prior thread. (It will also
> download all the other current threads, so it may take a while. You might
> also want to click the Read tab and change how many to download at a
> time - or remove the check from the box to get them all.) Then it will be
> deleted 5 (or 32 or whatever you say) days after downloading to your hard
> drive - NOT that many days after the messages were posted on the server.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
> news:upjS%23mswEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Sorry to start a new thread, but the old one disappeared from outlook
>> express...
> <SNIP>
>> Clem.
> <SNIP>
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 12:54:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi, Clem.

That's great! Thanks for letting us know.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@corridor.net
Microsoft Windows MVP

"C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
news:eVjw8J6wEHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>
> RC:
>
> Thanks for your advice! I got the old thread back. I'll continue to post
> to that, as the saga unravels.
>
> Clem.
>
> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> wrote in message
> news:et8tKW0wEHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hi, Clem.
>>
>> Michael Solomon is handling your real question. Let me try this side
>> issue:
>>
>>> Sorry to start a new thread, but the old one disappeared from outlook
>>> express...
>>
>> Threads shouldn't "disappear" from OE. But you may need to change the
>> setting for how long to keep messages you've downloaded.
>>
>> Click Tools | Options..., then the Maintenance tab. In the middle of
>> that screen is the line to "Delete news messages ___ days after being
>> downloaded." The default is just 5 days, as I recall, but you can change
>> this. Mine is set to 32 days, so I can still read the thread you started
>> on 10/24/04; looks like about 10 messages in that thread.
>>
>> If you change your Synchronization Settings for this newsgroup to All
>> Messages, you probably can re-download that prior thread. (It will also
>> download all the other current threads, so it may take a while. You
>> might also want to click the Read tab and change how many to download at
>> a time - or remove the check from the box to get them all.) Then it will
>> be deleted 5 (or 32 or whatever you say) days after downloading to your
>> hard drive - NOT that many days after the messages were posted on the
>> server.
>>
>> RC
>>
>> "C. M. G." <cmg@ohiorepromed.moc> wrote in message
>> news:upjS%23mswEHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> Sorry to start a new thread, but the old one disappeared from outlook
>>> express...
>> <SNIP>
>>> Clem.
>> <SNIP>
!