Stop Sharing a Resource

Hi, can someone tell me what is the best way to stop sharing a resource on
Windows 2000? We recently moved a folder of user home directories called
"users" to a new server, and we had given everyone "deny access" to the
shared on the old server so that they would not be able to access it anymore.
However, today, we noticed that 52 users were still connected to the shared
on the old server. What is the difference between given everyone "deny
access" to a shared as opposed to just "stop sharing"? What is recommended?

Thanks!

"needoutlookhelp" wrote:
> Hi, can someone tell me what is the best way to stop sharing a
> resource on
> Windows 2000? We recently moved a folder of user home
> directories called
> "users" to a new server, and we had given everyone "deny
> access" to the
> shared on the old server so that they would not be able to
> access it anymore.
> However, today, we noticed that 52 users were still connected
> to the shared
> on the old server. What is the difference between given
> everyone "deny
> access" to a shared as opposed to just "stop sharing"? What
> is recommended?
>
> Thanks!

Assigning deny access or stop sharing is practically the same result.

If you assign an access denied eventual connections will remain
although it is not possbile to do anything.
With "stop sharing" all connections are killed immediately

Cheers,

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/File-System-Stop-Sharing-Resource-ftopict548290.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1739897