csccmd version 1.1 and offline files

Hello All,

I have been researching the Sync Manager and offline files and have
discovered
very little about how to manipulate the repository. From this I gather that
MS does not want us to mess with it. However, I have a requirement to do so.

I have read and understand that the command line tool csccmd.exe has a new
version which I have tried to get and it is basically impossible. Where can
i get it?

On another note if customers want better synchronization than currently
provided by the OS then I am assuming it needs to be a proprietary
implementation that does not use the CSC repository.

~mike

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884739

Call PSS and reference the above KB - they should supply you with the tool.

Unfortunately XP/2k Offline Files has no public API, so you're limited in
what you can do.

Windows Vista Offline Files has been completely rewritten, will include a
fully documented API for controlling behaviour.

Tom Jolly
--
Development Lead
Windows Vista Offline Files / CSC feature

** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights. **