Permissions problem

I taken over administering a network winth a stand-alone win2k server on it.
The Everyone group had full control permissions for the entire file system.

I have given the Administrator User full control and revoked this permission
for the Everyone group. However, I have found that any client can go in
subsequently and reenstate full control.

Why is this?

The solution was simple. Not only was the file system unsecured, all the
users were in the administrators group!

Barry

Hoof Hearted wrote:
> The solution was simple. Not only was the file system unsecured, all the
> users were in the administrators group!

dear oh dear...