how can I change the drive letter of a boot drive in win 2..

the information in KB is incorrect. can't change using regedit, display is in
hex, and can't change in disk manager it won't allow changes to boot volumre

ME

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 06:56:09 -0700, "Bill Whitburn"
<BillWhitburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>the information in KB is incorrect. can't change using regedit, display is in
>hex, and can't change in disk manager it won't allow changes to boot volumre

And always remember to change the paging file before doing this.

I changed the boot drive letter in the registry, and when Windows
(2000) booted, it tells me there is no page file (it was still
pointing to the old non-existant drive letter). Was a ah heck to fix it
as well.