xp home edition

November 4, 2004 11:30:02 PM

I have on my old computer xp professional and ms office professional. I just
purchased a new computer that comes with xp home edition. Is the home
edition
and the office professional compatible or do I need to upgrade the home
edition to xp professional

More about : home edition

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 5:08:07 AM

They are compatible. No need to upgrade.

"ketilla" wrote:

> I have on my old computer xp professional and ms office professional. I just
> purchased a new computer that comes with xp home edition. Is the home
> edition
> and the office professional compatible or do I need to upgrade the home
> edition to xp professional

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 11:26:07 AM

In news:A44C0E85-9A58-4485-B465-E2BAE3DC6EDF@microsoft.com,
ketilla <ketilla@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

>I have on my old computer xp professional and ms office
>professional.
> I just purchased a new computer that comes with xp home
> edition. Is
> the home edition
> and the office professional compatible or do I need to upgrade
> the
> home edition to xp professional

Yes, they are completely compatible. Do not be misled by the word
"professional" in "XP Professional" and "Office Professional."
The word has no real meaning in either product; it's just a
marketing term.
!