Best Motherboard?

Torchure

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
I want to use the E6600 and the Geforce 7950 GX2, but I do not know which motherboard would be best for this combo. Any suggestions would be great.

Suggestions on Ram would be appreciated too.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
There are no "Best Motherboards", Though I hate Asus others have liked them...

It depends on your needs... look at the specs, then look at the reviews for the ones that meet your specs... then go to newegg and look at the board design.. You can also look at there reviews... make sure the connectors are in a good location to your equipment... Nothings worse then having front USB connectors with short cables and not beign able to reach the MoBos internal USB ports.

As far as DX-10 expect 2-4 years before game manufactures start using it, and up to 4-8 years before they start requiring it, and remember... we are talking 3 MICROSOFT months (every Microsoft month is about 2.5 real world months.)... for the SERVER version of Vista, and from what I hear ONLY Vista will support DirectX10. So in about 7.5 real months you should have DX-10 available.

Basically, from personal experiance... The best card you can buy today will become out of date (or will require real low resolutions) before you ever have to worry about the DirectX 9

Though if I had to redo my build I would have waited 4 more months, for the Quad core processors, the Corsair Dominator series memory, and maybe the new videocards.