When you type cursor jumps or highlights entire line

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Running Windows 2000 Pro and when I am in Excel, Word, or Lotus notes (email
program) while typing the cursor will just jump from line to line or
highlight the entire line or even the entire workbook in excel. Is there a
key stroke that could have executed this behavior or is this an operating
system problem?

Sounds silly, but maybe a key is stuck (logically not physically). This is
typical of wireless keyboards. e.g. if alt key is stuck but you might get a
select all by hitting "a". Most "stuck" keys don't send a value to the OS
because of communication problems so even though they key is up combinations
might occur.

If you have a wireless keyboard or a bad connection these might happen.
Other common issues are staring IE or OE automatically for no reason, volume
issues, etc (on keyboards with such functions).

--
Andrei "Ndi" Dobrin
Brainbench MVP

I am having the same problem when I am in OE and doing a spellcheck or trying
to change email addresses - the cursor jumps all around. Seemed to happen
after I did an Update. I'm running Windows XP SP2. Have you had any success
identifying the problem?