dear all

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

please snip. thank you for your attention.

love and kisses

alex
95 answers Last reply
More about dear
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Alex Watson" <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    > please snip. thank you for your attention.
    >
    > love and kisses

    Duely noted
    <Finds something to note it on*>
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Alex Watson" <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    > please snip. thank you for your attention.
    >
    > love and kisses
    >
    > alex

    Um, question, how long before snipping? page-ish?

    --------------
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?"
    Ah the good old Days of C1!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Jim Eha wrote:
    >>please snip. thank you for your attention.
    >
    > Um, question, how long before snipping? page-ish?

    far be it from me to decree. usually you can get it down to <10 lines
    without losing context. that'd be grand.

    a.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > Jim Eha wrote:
    > >>please snip. thank you for your attention.
    > >
    > > Um, question, how long before snipping? page-ish?
    >
    > far be it from me to decree. usually you can get it down to <10 lines
    > without losing context. that'd be grand.

    Alright also noted, thanks.
    *goes to hunt to some live/semi-live dinner*
    Have a good night.

    --------------
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?"
    Ah the good old Days of C1!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-05, Alex Watson <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote:
    <snip>
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > <snip>
    haha <applauds> Well d<snip>!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Alex Watson" <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    > Jim Eha wrote:
    >>>please snip. thank you for your attention.
    >>
    >> Um, question, how long before snipping? page-ish?
    >
    > far be it from me to decree. usually you can get it down to <10 lines
    > without losing context. that'd be grand.

    Hmm. *randomly waves before being dragged out backwards due to little time
    and... well, basically very little time for Internet usage*

    --
    The Triad
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-06, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    > "Alex Watson" <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Um, question, how long before snipping? page-ish?
    >>
    >> far be it from me to decree. usually you can get it down to <10 lines
    >> without losing context. that'd be grand.
    >
    > Hmm. *randomly waves before being dragged out backwards due to little time
    > and... well, basically very little time for Internet usage*

    How the hell did *that* happen? Well, at least you haven't been overrun
    by a car or gone into politics... or have you?
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > On 2005-06-06, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    > > "Alex Watson" <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in message

    <snip>
    > How the hell did *that* happen? Well, at least you haven't been overrun
    > by a car or gone into politics... or have you?

    Yes those politics are wicked things aren't they <twitch>

    --------------
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?"
    Ah the good old Days of C1!
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-07, Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    >> On 2005-06-06, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    >> > "Alex Watson" <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in message
    >
    ><snip>
    >> How the hell did *that* happen? Well, at least you haven't been overrun
    >> by a car or gone into politics... or have you?
    >
    > Yes those politics are wicked things aren't they <twitch>

    Yeah, real death trap. Once you step into it... well, that's why you
    should always carry a number 5 five extentible crowbar with you.

    (OK, jokes aside, how the hell do I write that properly? I have no
    clue.)
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > On 2005-06-07, Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message

    > ><snip>
    > >> How the hell did *that* happen? Well, at least you haven't been overrun
    > >> by a car or gone into politics... or have you?
    > >
    > > Yes those politics are wicked things aren't they <twitch>
    >
    > Yeah, real death trap. Once you step into it... well, that's why you
    > should always carry a number 5 five extentible crowbar with you.
    >
    > (OK, jokes aside, how the hell do I write that properly? I have no
    > clue.)

    That's a mystery only the higher powers know how to solve....
    *waits for higher powers to give a solution*

    --------------
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?"
    Ah the good old Days of C1!
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > On 2005-06-06, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    >> "Alex Watson" <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in message

    >>> far be it from me to decree. usually you can get it down to <10 lines
    >>> without losing context. that'd be grand.
    >>
    >> Hmm. *randomly waves before being dragged out backwards due to little
    >> time
    >> and... well, basically very little time for Internet usage*
    >
    > How the hell did *that* happen? Well, at least you haven't been overrun
    > by a car or gone into politics... or have you?

    <.<

    >.>

    ....Final Fantasy VIII.

    --
    The Triad

    On 2005-06-08, Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    >> On 2005-06-07, Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >> > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message

    >> ><snip>
    >> >
    >> > Yes those politics are wicked things aren't they <twitch>
    >>
    >> Yeah, real death trap. Once you step into it... well, that's why you
    >> should always carry a number 5 five extentible crowbar with you.
    >>
    >> (OK, jokes aside, how the hell do I write that properly? I have no
    >> clue.)
    >
    > That's a mystery only the higher powers know how to solve....
    > *waits for higher powers to give a solution*

    Huh?
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-09, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    >> On 2005-06-06, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    >>> "Alex Watson" <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in message

    >>> Hmm. *randomly waves before being dragged out backwards due to little
    >>> time
    >>> and... well, basically very little time for Internet usage*
    >>
    >> How the hell did *that* happen? Well, at least you haven't been overrun
    >> by a car or gone into politics... or have you?
    >
    ><.<
    >
    >>.>
    >
    > ...Final Fantasy VIII.

    ::confused::
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > >> Yeah, real death trap. Once you step into it... well, that's why you
    > >> should always carry a number 5 five extentible crowbar with you.
    > >>
    > >> (OK, jokes aside, how the hell do I write that properly? I have no
    > >> clue.)
    > >
    > > That's a mystery only the higher powers know how to solve....
    > > *waits for higher powers to give a solution*
    >
    > Huh?

    The mystery of "how the hell you managed to write that properly?"

    --------------
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?"
    Ah the good old Days of C1!
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > On 2005-06-09, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    > > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message

    > >> How the hell did *that* happen? Well, at least you haven't been overrun
    > >> by a car or gone into politics... or have you?
    > >
    > ><.<
    > >
    > >>.>
    > >
    > > ...Final Fantasy VIII.
    >
    > ::confused::

    <falls off chair laughing hysterically for no good reason>
    *has never in life played any FF games*
    I think it's because everytime something major happens one ends up
    discussing politics, but...... oh wait *gets it*
    He/They have no time due to the playing of Final Fantasy VIII... ahh

    --------------
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?"
    Ah the good old Days of C1!
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-06-09, illusion
    <csqdnUcpXeS08TXfRVn-jg@rogers.com> was created,
    stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    >> > That's a mystery only the higher powers know how to solve....
    >> > *waits for higher powers to give a solution*
    >>
    >> Huh?
    >
    > The mystery of "how the hell you managed to write that properly?"

    You lost me...
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-06-09, illusion
    <csqdnUYpXeS08TXfRVn-jg@rogers.com> was created,
    stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    >> ><.<

    >> > ...Final Fantasy VIII.
    >>
    >> ::confused::
    >
    ><falls off chair laughing hysterically for no good reason>
    > *has never in life played any FF games*
    > I think it's because everytime something major happens one ends up
    > discussing politics, but...... oh wait *gets it*
    > He/They have no time due to the playing of Final Fantasy VIII... ahh

    Oh. How evil.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > And when it was 2005-06-09, illusion
    > <csqdnUcpXeS08TXfRVn-jg@rogers.com> was created,
    > stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
    > uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    >>> Huh?
    >>
    >> The mystery of "how the hell you managed to write that properly?"
    >
    > You lost me...

    I think he misread 'how the hell do I write that properly' as 'how the hell
    did I write that properly'.

    --
    The Triad
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "The Triad" <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote in message
    > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > > And when it was 2005-06-09, illusion
    > > <csqdnUcpXeS08TXfRVn-jg@rogers.com> was created,
    > > stating that Jim Eha <spikeaceon@yahoo.com>
    > > uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > >> The mystery of "how the hell you managed to write that properly?"
    > >
    > > You lost me...
    >
    > I think he misread 'how the hell do I write that properly' as 'how the
    hell
    > did I write that properly'.
    >
    > --
    > The Triad

    Ahhh!
    Yes, that I did.
    Sorry Emmel.

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?"
    Ah the good old Days of C1!
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message

    > Jim Eha wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > --------------
    > > Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    > > boring...
    > >
    > > "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or
    gold'
    > > ones?"
    > > Ah the good old Days of C1!
    >
    > It would look better in my newsreader if you used "-- " instead of
    > "--------------". Also four lines and no more, but that's just details :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Thomas

    better-ish?

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?"
    Ah the good old Days of C1!
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message

    > Jim Eha wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > --------------
    > > Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    > > boring...
    > >
    > > "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or
    gold'
    > > ones?"
    > > Ah the good old Days of C1!
    >
    > It would look better in my newsreader if you used "-- " instead of
    > "--------------". Also four lines and no more, but that's just details :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Thomas

    Gah the last line wraps! *shakes fist for not wanting to remove the space*

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?"
    Ah the good old Days of C1!
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Jim Eha wrote:
    > > <snip>
    > > > --------------
    > > > Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    > > > boring...
    > > >
    > > > "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or
    > gold'
    > > > ones?"
    > > > Ah the good old Days of C1!
    > >
    > > It would look better in my newsreader if you used "-- " instead of
    > > "--------------". Also four lines and no more, but that's just details
    :-)

    > > Regards,
    > > Thomas
    >
    > Gah the last line wraps! *shakes fist for not wanting to remove the space*
    >
    > --
    > Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    > boring...
    >
    > "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or
    gold'
    > ones?"
    > Ah the good old Days of C1!

    Glee! fixed... ish... methinks *prays*

    --
    Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    boring...

    "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-06-12, illusion
    <42ac7844$0$765$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
    stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > Jim Eha wrote:
    ><snip>
    >> --------------
    >> Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    >> boring...
    >>
    >> "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    >> ones?"
    >> Ah the good old Days of C1!
    >
    > It would look better in my newsreader if you used "-- " instead of
    > "--------------".

    ::nods::

    > Also four lines and no more, but that's just details :-)

    Nope, that one is *not* an AGC rule. We have a long tradition of
    oversized sigs here...
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-06-12, illusion
    <42ac7846$0$765$3a628fcd@reader10.nntp.hccnet.nl> was created,
    stating that Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    > Alex Watson wrote:
    >> please snip. thank you for your attention.
    >
    > I would, but I am afraid emmel might hurt me :-(
    > Thomas

    Yeah, yeah. Don't talk rubbish - just leave in the *relevant* parts.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    <snip>
    > Also four lines and no more, but that's just details :-)

    "...huh?"

    (Isn't there a part of the FAQ addressing the four-line rule and the lack
    thereof here...?)

    --
    The Triad
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    And when it was 2005-06-13, illusion
    <d8jfpd$b6d$1$830fa17d@news.demon.co.uk> was created,
    stating that The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web>
    uttered in alt.games.creatures:

    ><snip>
    >> Also four lines and no more, but that's just details :-)
    >
    > "...huh?"
    >
    > (Isn't there a part of the FAQ addressing the four-line rule and the lack
    > thereof here...?)

    Yup.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > The Triad wrote:
    >> "Alex Watson" <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in message

    >>>far be it from me to decree. usually you can get it down to <10 lines
    >>>without losing context. that'd be grand.
    >>

    >> Hmm. *randomly waves before being dragged out backwards due to little
    >> time
    >> and... well, basically very little time for Internet usage*
    >
    > Joy and Jubilations! It is the friendly The Triad who has come to visit
    > us again!!

    *facepalm* ...the 'The'/'the' is entirely superfluous when you already have
    a 'the' there... augh.

    "And it's not a case of visiting... this /is/ 'home base'." *smiles
    quietly*

    --
    The Triad
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    > It would look better in my newsreader if you used "-- " instead of
    > "--------------". Also four lines and no more, but that's just details :-)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Thomas
    > - --

    Let the record show...
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-14, Alex Watson <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote:
    > Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    >> It would look better in my newsreader if you used "-- " instead of
    >> "--------------". Also four lines and no more, but that's just details :-)
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Thomas
    >> - --
    >
    > Let the record show...

    <g>
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-13, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    > "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message
    >>
    >> The Triad wrote:
    >>> "Alex Watson" <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in message

    >>> Hmm. *randomly waves before being dragged out backwards due to little
    >>> time
    >>> and... well, basically very little time for Internet usage*
    >>
    >> Joy and Jubilations! It is the friendly The Triad who has come to visit
    >> us again!!
    >
    > *facepalm* ...the 'The'/'the' is entirely superfluous when you already have
    > a 'the' there... augh.
    >
    > "And it's not a case of visiting... this /is/ 'home base'." *smiles
    > quietly*

    ::shrugs::
    I guess that's what you get when you name yourself in plural. Never had
    that problem when you used e.g. "Refractor Dragon", did you?
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > On 2005-06-13, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    >> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message

    >>> Joy and Jubilations! It is the friendly The Triad who has come to visit
    >>> us again!!
    >>
    >> *facepalm* ...the 'The'/'the' is entirely superfluous when you already
    >> have
    >> a 'the' there... augh.
    >>
    >> "And it's not a case of visiting... this /is/ 'home base'." *smiles
    >> quietly*
    >
    > ::shrugs::
    > I guess that's what you get when you name yourself in plural. Never had
    > that problem when you used e.g. "Refractor Dragon", did you?

    Refractor is dead.

    --
    The Triad
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-16, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    >> On 2005-06-13, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    >>> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message

    >>> *facepalm* ...the 'The'/'the' is entirely superfluous when you already
    >>> have
    >>> a 'the' there... augh.
    >>>
    >>> "And it's not a case of visiting... this /is/ 'home base'." *smiles
    >>> quietly*
    >>
    >> ::shrugs::
    >> I guess that's what you get when you name yourself in plural. Never had
    >> that problem when you used e.g. "Refractor Dragon", did you?
    >
    > Refractor is dead.

    Huh? How that?
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    The Triad wrote:

    >>::shrugs::
    >>I guess that's what you get when you name yourself in plural. Never had
    >>that problem when you used e.g. "Refractor Dragon", did you?
    >

    > Refractor is dead.
    -- Nietzsche
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > On 2005-06-16, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    >> "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message

    >>> ::shrugs::
    >>> I guess that's what you get when you name yourself in plural. Never had
    >>> that problem when you used e.g. "Refractor Dragon", did you?
    >>
    >> Refractor is dead.
    >
    > Huh? How that?

    Long story, made more complicated by the fact that I'm not entirely certain
    that he existed as an individual in the first place. Relatively
    unimportant.

    --
    The Triad
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    Jim Eha wrote:
    > "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message

    >>>Jim Eha wrote:
    >>><snip>

    >>gold'

    >>>It would look better in my newsreader if you used "-- " instead of
    >>>"--------------". Also four lines and no more, but that's just details
    >
    > :-)
    >
    >>>Regards,
    >>>Thomas
    >>
    >>Gah the last line wraps! *shakes fist for not wanting to remove the space*
    >>
    >>--
    >>Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    >>boring...
    >>
    >>"How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or
    >
    > gold'
    >
    >>ones?"
    >>Ah the good old Days of C1!
    >

    > Glee! fixed... ish... methinks *prays*
    >
    > --
    > Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    > boring...
    >
    > "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    > ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!

    Nicer, but my reader still wants a single space after '--'. Oh, and drop
    the four line rule. I knew everybody in this group used a long sig but I
    forgot it was also in the FAQ (charter??).

    Thomas
    - --
    "You can't be safer, can't be more secure than with a breast in each
    palm, that's the way I was born and that's the way I want to die" -
    Sugarcubes, Mama, 1988
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    > emmel wrote:
    >> And when it was 2005-06-13, illusion
    >> <d8jfpd$b6d$1$830fa17d@news.demon.co.uk> was created,
    >> stating that The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web>
    >> uttered in alt.games.creatures:
    >>

    >>><snip>

    >>>"...huh?"
    >>>
    >>>(Isn't there a part of the FAQ addressing the four-line rule and the lack
    >>>thereof here...?)
    >>

    >> Yup.
    >
    > Q12) Hey! That sig's longer than four lines!
    > A12) Although in other places it is nettiquite to keep a sig to under
    > four lines, this is not true of AGC... so please stop complaining about
    > this! You are insulting some of the foremost members of our community!
    >
    > You will get insulted in other groups though if you post 4+ lines!

    This isn't 'in other groups', though. That's the point. *amusement*

    --
    The Triad
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-17, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    > "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    >> On 2005-06-16, The Triad <wanderer@beeb.web> wrote:
    >>> "emmel" <the_emmel*whatever*@gmx.net> wrote in message
    >>> Refractor is dead.
    >>
    >> Huh? How that?
    >
    > Long story, made more complicated by the fact that I'm not entirely certain
    > that he existed as an individual in the first place. Relatively
    > unimportant.

    I'm curious. Do tell.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-17, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:

    > The Triad wrote:
    >> "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message

    >>>Joy and Jubilations! It is the friendly The Triad who has come to visit
    >>>us again!!
    >>

    >> *facepalm* ...the 'The'/'the' is entirely superfluous when you already have
    >> a 'the' there... augh.
    >>
    >> "And it's not a case of visiting... this /is/ 'home base'." *smiles
    >> quietly*
    >
    ><doesn't understand>
    ><retries>
    >
    > Happy happy happy! Joy joy joy! The friendly Triad is here again!
    >
    ><how's that>

    A bit childish perhaps, but gramatically/semantically correct. AFAIK
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-17, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:

    >> --
    >> Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
    >> boring...
    >>
    >> "How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
    >> ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!
    >
    > Nicer, but my reader still wants a single space after '--'. Oh, and drop
    > the four line rule. I knew everybody in this group used a long sig but I
    > forgot it was also in the FAQ (charter??).
    >
    > Thomas
    > - --
    > "You can't be safer, can't be more secure than with a breast in each
    > palm, that's the way I was born and that's the way I want to die" -
    > Sugarcubes, Mama, 1988

    And now go fix *your* sig seperator. Like now.
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

    On 2005-06-17, Thomas J. Boschloo <nospam@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote:

    > Alex Watson wrote:
    >> Thomas J. Boschloo wrote:
    >>
    >>> It would look better in my newsreader if you used "-- " instead of
    >>> "--------------". Also four lines and no more, but that's just details
    >>> :-)
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Thomas
    >>> - --
    >>

    >> Let the record show...
    >
    > If you download the Enigmail plugin in your reader and download my key
    > (which is only most pgp key servers), my posts will show up fine.
    >
    > You don't even have to download the key (I think)!
    > Thomas
    > - --
    > "You can't be safer, can't be more secure than with a breast in each
    > palm, that's the way I was born and that's the way I want to die" -
    > Sugarcubes, Mama, 1988

    Somehow I doubt that *my* news reader likes that plugin. Stick to the
    standards, will you?
    --
    emmel <the_emmel*you-know-what-that's-for*@gmx.net>
    (Don't forget to remove the ** bit)

    Official AGC feedback maniac

    "God is playing creatures - and we're the norns."

    "A hundred dead are a tragedy - a hundred thousand are statistics."

    "I guess you can call yourself lucky." -
    "I could, but Linda suits me a little better... :)
    Things called lucky tend to get hit by trucks."

    Hi, I'm a .sig virus. Just copy me to your .signature. And don't worry.

Games Video Games