Does Myst IV work on laptops?

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo card on a Dell notebook, and I'm
wondering if this will work. I know games say that notebook cards aren't
supported, but does this mean it won't work at all?

Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about does myst work laptops
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    John,

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:24:28 -0400, John Salerno
    <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:

    >I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo card on a Dell notebook, and I'm
    >wondering if this will work. I know games say that notebook cards aren't
    >supported, but does this mean it won't work at all?

    Did you try to download and run the demo ? The game manual states:
    "Supported Video Cards at Time of Release: ATI Radeon 7500 to 9800 or
    better" but indeed also "Laptop models of these cards not fully
    supported".

    Regards,
    Gilles.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:
    > I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo card on a Dell notebook, and I'm
    > wondering if this will work. I know games say that notebook cards aren't
    > supported, but does this mean it won't work at all?
    >
    > Thanks.
    having some problems on mine. have a 16 meg ati card in my ibm t30.
    The game requires a min of 32. I have alot of missing textures when
    playing the game.

    On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 14:20:12 +0000 (UTC), "Rodolphe Mortreuil"
    <rmortreuil@btinternet.com> wrote:

    >>I had to update my gfx drivers but am lucky enough to have a decent gfx
    >>card on my laptop (Radeon Mobility 9200) and it runs absolutely fine.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    Brad wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >>I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo card on a Dell notebook, and I'm
    >>wondering if this will work. I know games say that notebook cards aren't
    >>supported, but does this mean it won't work at all?
    >>
    >>Thanks.
    >
    > having some problems on mine. have a 16 meg ati card in my ibm t30.
    > The game requires a min of 32. I have alot of missing textures when
    > playing the game.

    I know I definitely have the capability. I have a 128MB graphics card
    and good speed and all, I'm just worried that the fact that it's a
    notebook might hurt it. Is the demo a good indication of how the game
    itself will play?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    same here, t30 with 16 meg ati 7500, missing textures - to the point
    its unplayable.

    >having some problems on mine. have a 16 meg ati card in my ibm t30.
    >The game requires a min of 32. I have alot of missing textures when
    >playing the game.
    >
    >On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 14:20:12 +0000 (UTC), "Rodolphe Mortreuil"
    ><rmortreuil@btinternet.com> wrote:
    >

    > >>I had to update my gfx drivers but am lucky enough to have a decent gfx
    > >>card on my laptop (Radeon Mobility 9200) and it runs absolutely fine.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:

    > I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo card on a Dell notebook, and I'm
    > wondering if this will work. I know games say that notebook cards
    > aren't supported, but does this mean it won't work at all?

    No. "Not supported" does not mean "does not work" but "if You experience
    problems we don't help You". The problem with notebook gfx is that not the
    chip manufacturer (ATI or Nvidia) provides the drivers but the notebook
    manufacturer, and thus makes it complicated to test the game with all the
    notebook variants...

    A Radeon Mobility 9600 Pro Turbo should be more than sufficient...

    Benjamin
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    Benjamin Gawert wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >

    >>I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo card on a Dell notebook, and I'm
    >>wondering if this will work. I know games say that notebook cards
    >>aren't supported, but does this mean it won't work at all?
    >

    > No. "Not supported" does not mean "does not work" but "if You experience
    > problems we don't help You". The problem with notebook gfx is that not the
    > chip manufacturer (ATI or Nvidia) provides the drivers but the notebook
    > manufacturer, and thus makes it complicated to test the game with all the
    > notebook variants...
    >
    > A Radeon Mobility 9600 Pro Turbo should be more than sufficient...
    >
    > Benjamin

    Thanks. I figure even if I *do* have problems, I'll have the game anyway
    and I can play it on my parent's (new) computer when I go home for
    Christmas. :)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:

    >>>I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo card on a Dell notebook, and I'm
    >>>wondering if this will work. I know games say that notebook cards
    >>>aren't supported, but does this mean it won't work at all?

    > Thanks. I figure even if I *do* have problems, I'll have the game anyway
    > and I can play it on my parent's (new) computer when I go home for
    > Christmas. :)

    So what happened? I have the same set-up and I'm thinking about getting the
    game.

    Seahag

Laptops Notebooks Games Video Games