HP 5Si service menu

Hi All,

How does one get to the service menu? I need to reset the serial # and page counts.

TIA,

Tony.
4 answers Last reply
More about service menu

    Joe Surfer <reply@group.com> wrote:
    >Hi All,
    >
    >How does one get to the service menu? I need to reset the serial # and page
    >counts.
    >
    >TIA,
    >
    >Tony.

    Joe
    1 Hold down [Items] and [+] while powering ON the printer, until all lights
    are illuminated and the Display is blank. (If the Display Panel reads INTERNAL
    TEST at this point, the keys were released too soon. Repeat this step until
    successful.)
    2 Press [Select]. The message SERVICE MODE is displayed briefly, then the
    printer automatically begins an INTERNAL TEST. After several seconds, both
    Control Panel Indicators turn OFF. (The printer may display WARMING UP if it
    has not warmed up completely.) After the printer has warmed up and passed the
    self test, SERVICE MODE is displayed.
    3. Press [Menus] once to display SERVICE MENU.
    4. Once it says SERVICE MENU press ITEM to scroll through service mode items.
    To exit the Service Mode press [On Line].
    Tony

    Tony wrote:

    > Joe Surfer <reply@group.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >>How does one get to the service menu? I need to reset the serial # and page
    >>counts.
    >>
    >>TIA,
    >>
    >>Tony.
    >

    > Joe
    > 1 Hold down [Items] and [+] while powering ON the printer, until all lights
    > are illuminated and the Display is blank. (If the Display Panel reads INTERNAL
    > TEST at this point, the keys were released too soon. Repeat this step until
    > successful.)
    > 2 Press [Select]. The message SERVICE MODE is displayed briefly, then the
    > printer automatically begins an INTERNAL TEST. After several seconds, both
    > Control Panel Indicators turn OFF. (The printer may display WARMING UP if it
    > has not warmed up completely.) After the printer has warmed up and passed the
    > self test, SERVICE MODE is displayed.
    > 3. Press [Menus] once to display SERVICE MENU.
    > 4. Once it says SERVICE MENU press ITEM to scroll through service mode items.
    > To exit the Service Mode press [On Line].
    > Tony

    Thank you! Worked like a charm. I just hope the formatter will be okay...

    Can the formatter number (found below the serial number in the printer
    information section of the Configuration Page) be set back? If so, how is this
    accomplished?

    Thanx again.

    Joe Surfer <reply@group.com> wrote:
    >Tony wrote:
    >
    >> Joe Surfer <reply@group.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi All,
    >>>
    >>>How does one get to the service menu? I need to reset the serial # and page
    >>>counts.
    >>>
    >>>TIA,
    >>>
    >>>Tony.
    >>

    >> Joe
    >> 1 Hold down [Items] and [+] while powering ON the printer, until all lights
    >> are illuminated and the Display is blank. (If the Display Panel reads
    >>INTERNAL
    >> TEST at this point, the keys were released too soon. Repeat this step until
    >> successful.)
    >> 2 Press [Select]. The message SERVICE MODE is displayed briefly, then the
    >> printer automatically begins an INTERNAL TEST. After several seconds, both
    >> Control Panel Indicators turn OFF. (The printer may display WARMING UP if it
    >> has not warmed up completely.) After the printer has warmed up and passed
    >>the
    >> self test, SERVICE MODE is displayed.
    >> 3. Press [Menus] once to display SERVICE MENU.
    >> 4. Once it says SERVICE MENU press ITEM to scroll through service mode items.
    >> To exit the Service Mode press [On Line].
    >> Tony
    >

    >Thank you! Worked like a charm. I just hope the formatter will be okay...
    >
    >Can the formatter number (found below the serial number in the printer
    >information section of the Configuration Page) be set back? If so, how is
    >this
    >accomplished?
    >
    >Thanx again.

    Not sure what you are trying to do, my recollection is that the item you are
    referring to is the formatter serial number, is that correct? If so I know of
    no way to change that, it is built into the fromatter and automatically gets
    reported on the configuration page.
    Tony

    Tony <> wrote:
    >Joe Surfer <reply@group.com> wrote:
    >>Tony wrote:

    >>> Joe
    >>> 1 Hold down [Items] and [+] while powering ON the printer, until all
    >>>lights
    >>> are illuminated and the Display is blank. (If the Display Panel reads
    >>>INTERNAL
    >>> TEST at this point, the keys were released too soon. Repeat this step until
    >>> successful.)
    >>> 2 Press [Select]. The message SERVICE MODE is displayed briefly, then the
    >>> printer automatically begins an INTERNAL TEST. After several seconds, both
    >>> Control Panel Indicators turn OFF. (The printer may display WARMING UP if
    >>>it
    >>> has not warmed up completely.) After the printer has warmed up and passed
    >>>the
    >>> self test, SERVICE MODE is displayed.
    >>> 3. Press [Menus] once to display SERVICE MENU.
    >>> 4. Once it says SERVICE MENU press ITEM to scroll through service mode
    >>>items.
    >>> To exit the Service Mode press [On Line].
    >>> Tony
    >>

    >>Thank you! Worked like a charm. I just hope the formatter will be okay...
    >>
    >>Can the formatter number (found below the serial number in the printer
    >>information section of the Configuration Page) be set back? If so, how is
    >>this
    >>accomplished?
    >>
    >>Thanx again.
    >
    >Not sure what you are trying to do, my recollection is that the item you are
    >referring to is the formatter serial number, is that correct? If so I know of
    >no way to change that, it is built into the fromatter and automatically gets
    >reported on the configuration page.
    >Tony

    Just re-read your original post, have you replaced the formatter and are you
    saying that the printer is not reporting the serial number of the new
    formatter? If so then you could try a cold reset.
    1. Print a configuration page in case you need to input any parameters again.
    2. Power off and remove the jetdirect or network card otherwise you will lose
    the IP address etc.
    3. With power off, hold down the Online button while turning the printer on.
    4. Turn off and re-install the jetdirect card.
    Tony

Printers Hewlett Packard Peripherals