windows xp home

my system just locks up at times i could be on the internet or just playiny a
game and it just locks,the only thing i can do is a hard boot and start
over.i run a amd 2100+ with 512 ram.

thanks tony
e-mail
imncanton@sbcglobal.net
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home

    Without having some patern to the lockups detected this could be hard to
    pin down. Did you install any upgrades, new software or hardware just
    before you started noticing the problem?

    Are you using utilities to gaurd against viruses, trojans, spyware and
    adware? How about a firewall?

    Are you running the current drivers for you video card and other
    peripherals? Are you using Windows XP Service Pack 2?

    Have you tried monitoring your CPU and GPU (graphics accelerator /
    Graphics Processor Unit) tempreture? Any dust buildup inside your
    computer? Plenty of ventilation around your Computer case? How many
    watts is your power supply rated for and haw many drives and peripheral
    cards are you using? Some dealers build machines with little spare power
    or cooling capacity. Fans sometimes fail.

    Tony Domenico wrote:

    > my system just locks up at times i could be on the internet or just playiny a
    > game and it just locks,the only thing i can do is a hard boot and start
    > over.i run a amd 2100+ with 512 ram.
    >
    > thanks tony
    > e-mail
    > imncanton@sbcglobal.net