how will a quadro FX 540 or 560 perform in gaming?

gentrinity

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
I am about 90% certain I am going to get a NVidia Quadro FX 540 or 560 with my new profesional computer system. I just read up on some benchmarks on 3D programs that heavily favored this card. Benchmarks were horrible for SLI gaming configurations and this card has a breakout box, excellent for my video editing needs. Plus, the card is only 260 bucks.

I plan on doing 3D animations and video editing!!

Since that is my 1st need, im sticking to that card, but I would also like to do gaming. Does anybody know how this card performs with games? any benchmarks done with this card for gaming? can rivatuner work in reverse? is there any other way to tweak the card when I switch from work to gaming? can I have a second video card on the system (gaming card) so i can then have a seperate moniter or something just for gaming?

i have to sacrifice gaming, i understand that, but maybe yall can help me get at least some decent gaming experience from this card. THANKS TO EVERYONE IN ADVANCE!!!

cleeve

Illustrious
The 560 is based on the 7600 GPU, 12 pipelines... while power enough for gaming well, not sure how it'll perform because the quadro driver won't be optimized for gaming. Shoul;d do OK thoguh.

Quadro 540 is based on the 6600 GPU, 8 pipelines, a passable card for gaming, not sure how it'd do with the quadro drivers though. the 560 is a much better bet.