Future Advancements

drappendix

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Im looking into buying a new computer. and as of now i would put in the core 2 extreme with the 7950 as a base. but the only thing stopping me (besides price) is the coming of the new microsoft line and dx10. i know that computers are advancing so fast now, and 2 months after i get this comp it will be worth one tenth of what i payed. But what iim trying to ask is that is the advancement in computer hardware and software going to be greater opposed to the average. or will it be close to the same. would it be wise to save my money and buy a new comp in say febuary? please get back to me on this, thanks.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Im looking into buying a new computer. and as of now i would put in the core 2 extreme with the 7950 as a base. but the only thing stopping me (besides price) is the coming of the new microsoft line and dx10. i know that computers are advancing so fast now, and 2 months after i get this comp it will be worth one tenth of what i payed. But what iim trying to ask is that is the advancement in computer hardware and software going to be greater opposed to the average. or will it be close to the same. would it be wise to save my money and buy a new comp in say febuary? please get back to me on this, thanks.

Why spam?

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005

Why spam?
Because it's delicious.
spam_1.jpg

Seriouly though (drappendix), I just thought you changed the title of the original thread (and that was still a cheap trick...). Please don't spam; we get enough of that around here already.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Yes, I do like a nice fried spam sandwich every now and then, of course.

I do not like thread spam. I do not like them, NMDante, I am.

:D

Riddlinkidstoner

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
Do yourself a favor and never buy the top of the line stuff, just buy the midge range stuff everytime you upgrade (or at the very least the best price/performance ratio) so that you will never feel 'cheated' out of your money less than a month or so later.

Because Core2Duo mobos are expensive, I say go the AMD AM2 route but thats just the fanboy talking inside.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Do yourself a favor and never buy the top of the line stuff, just buy the midge range stuff everytime you upgrade (or at the very least the best price/performance ratio) so that you will never feel 'cheated' out of your money less than a month or so later.

Because Core2Duo mobos are expensive, I say go the AMD AM2 route but thats just the fanboy talking inside.

The 975x boards are expensive, yes. Some P965 boards are too, yes. But you can get a decent P965 and even G965 boards for around $110-150.

As for top of the line, I don't need them, and don't crave them.

TRENDING THREADS