Enermax Noisetaker 485W PSU

Reused:
160 GB Seagate IDE
60 GB WD IDE
Benq DVD Burner
Benq DVD-ROM
edit: Generic ATX Mid Tower Case

Windows XP Pro SP2

This thing literally heats up the room it is in. I initially only had a 80mm intake Fan on the Front and a 80mm exhaust on the back. Thinking that that was insufficient, I modded in another 80mm blow hole on the top of the case. At idle, this seems to have helped, but shortly after beginning any gaming, the top of the case still gets hot and I can feel the heat radiaiting off of it. Max CPU Temp I have found is 50C. GPU gets up to around 70C after gaming. Riva Tuner Reports Ambient Temp getting up to 65C. I know that these are "normal" temps for these components, but is there anything I can do to cool down the case? Should I invest in aftermarket CPU and GPU HSF's or should I get a different case (if so, which one)? Thanks in advance for your help.

I just upgraded a former homebuilt machine using the following hardware:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+
Biostar TForce4 AM2
OCZ Gold 1GB (2x512) DDR2 800
Sapphire Radeon x1800xt
Enermax Noisetaker 485W PSU

Reused:
160 GB Seagate IDE
60 GB WD IDE
Benq DVD Burner
Benq DVD-ROM
edit: Generic ATX Mid Tower Case

Windows XP Pro SP2

This thing literally heats up the room it is in. I initially only had a 80mm intake Fan on the Front and a 80mm exhaust on the back. Thinking that that was insufficient, I modded in another 80mm blow hole on the top of the case. At idle, this seems to have helped, but shortly after beginning any gaming, the top of the case still gets hot and I can feel the heat radiaiting off of it. Max CPU Temp I have found is 50C. GPU gets up to around 70C after gaming. Riva Tuner Reports Ambient Temp getting up to 65C. I know that these are "normal" temps for these components, but is there anything I can do to cool down the case? Should I invest in aftermarket CPU and GPU HSF's or should I get a different case (if so, which one)? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sounds like you have significant dead air heat accumilating iinside your case. 80mm to 120mm fan adapters can be used to add 120mm fans and will be a huge improvemnt as far as air flow. Usually the adapters fit easily making the rear exhaust 120mm. Air flow should be front intake/ rear exhaust. The top case fan should be exhaust. Dust accumilation, especially on the front grill impedes air flow. Use compressed air to clear dust away. An aftermarket CPU heatsink with a large fan like Zalman usually dissapates heat well and improves air flow considerably. Overclocking and over volting will increase heat for sure.

This case has an open mesh front and comes with a 120mm exhaust fan and it's cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119077

TRENDING THREADS