Error Message

When I try to go to a website using the "run" function in the start menu I
get an error message stating " Windows cannot find
'http://www.(website).com". Make sure you typed the name correctly and then
try again. To search for a file,click the start button and then click
search".This just started happening lately. I have always been able to type
a web address in the run box and it goes to the website! Thanks for any
help.

billsite34

Hi,

Open Registry Editor and navigate to:

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\IEXPLORE.EXE]

Export the key and post the contents here.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
"billsite34" <billsite34@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23HbN%23c0wEHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
When I try to go to a website using the "run" function in the start menu I
get an error message stating " Windows cannot find
'http://www.(website).com". Make sure you typed the name correctly and then
try again. To search for a file,click the start button and then click
search".This just started happening lately. I have always been able to type
a web address in the run box and it goes to the website! Thanks for any
help.

billsite34

TRENDING THREADS