Introducing custom file properties??

Hello!
I've scanned a couple of postings with regards to "custom file properties"
.... but - like U2 said - " I still haven't found ..."

It seems that all different sorts of file types provide different custom
properties (on the "Summary" tab). Most of the file types - at least on an
NTFS - come with "title, subject, category, keywords, comments" and "source,
author, revision no". But not too consistent: Word2k files, e.g., lack the
"source" property, XLS files have additional properties under both
"Description" and "Origin", BMP's come with a bunch of additional ones, so
do WAV's etc.pp.

Now, is there any way to tweak Win2k / XP and assign one (or more) common
custom property to ALL file types used / registered on a given computer?
Like, if I would want a property "Expiration date" with all my files?

Any idea/hint would be greatly appreciated!! :)

best regards,
Markus Grein

This article may help.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnfiles/html/ntfs5.asp