Restrict user to save files on the other workstaion only.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 28, 2005 7:20:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

I've a peer to peer network with six winxp professional wokstations and one
of the workstation will act as a master server for file storage.

1. How can prevent user to use 'USB flash memory / drive'?

2. How can restrict user to save files ONLY on the master workstation
through mapping drive? And don't want them to save files on local harddisk.
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 7:20:45 PM

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:20:44 +0800, "pleo" <pleo_el@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've a peer to peer network with six winxp professional wokstations and one
>of the workstation will act as a master server for file storage.
>
>1. How can prevent user to use 'USB flash memory / drive'?
>
>2. How can restrict user to save files ONLY on the master workstation
>through mapping drive? And don't want them to save files on local harddisk.

See tip 7093 ยป How do I prevent the use of USB Storage Devices in Windows XP?
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Don't grant them write permissions anyplace you don't want them to write.