Restrict user to save files on the other workstaion only.

Pleo

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

I've a peer to peer network with six winxp professional wokstations and one
of the workstation will act as a master server for file storage.

1. How can prevent user to use 'USB flash memory / drive'?

2. How can restrict user to save files ONLY on the master workstation
through mapping drive? And don't want them to save files on local harddisk.

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:20:44 +0800, "pleo" <pleo_el@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've a peer to peer network with six winxp professional wokstations and one
>of the workstation will act as a master server for file storage.
>
>1. How can prevent user to use 'USB flash memory / drive'?
>
>2. How can restrict user to save files ONLY on the master workstation
>through mapping drive? And don't want them to save files on local harddisk.

See tip 7093 » How do I prevent the use of USB Storage Devices in Windows XP?
in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

Don't grant them write permissions anyplace you don't want them to write.