Remove margins?

How can I remove margins when printing? I want 0 for all margins but so far
I can't get it to be that way.
I try using page set up but it always adds the margins back. I am trying to
print a greeting card but the edges keep getting cut off.

Heidi
6 answers Last reply
More about remove margins

    Before anyone can help with an answer, a little bit more information is
    needed.

    First, what is the make and model of your printer? Some print borderless and
    some don't.
    Second, if it is capable of borderless printing, what are the driver
    settings?
    Third, what application are you using and have you specified all applicable
    parameters for borderless?

    Offhand, I'd say that since the margins are added back each time you specify
    zero, your printer isn't capable of borderless printing.
    --
    Ron

    drc023 wrote:
    : First, what is the make and model of your printer?
    Lexmark X1185

    : Second, if it is capable of borderless printing, what are the driver
    : settings?
    I don't know. how do I find out?

    : Third, what application are you using and have you specified all
    : applicable parameters for borderless?

    A few different ones I tried adjusting the margins by going to File>Page
    Setup.

    > drc023 wrote:
    > : First, what is the make and model of your printer?
    > Lexmark X1185

    Review here says...
    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/hardware/printers/printerfriendly.htm?AT=39182914-39019145p-39033760t-39000055c-20000101q

    "Adding to the downside, the unit did not support borderless outputs and the
    pictures produced on paper were not centered."

    From what I could find by looking at product descriptions (Google search)
    there is no mention of borderless capability. Canon Pixma printers, iP3000
    and up and older Canons i860 and up do support borderless printing. They are
    also much less expensive to operate - much lower ink costs.
    --
    Ron

    "Heidi" <blackcat2@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > drc023 wrote:
    > : First, what is the make and model of your printer?
    > Lexmark X1185
    >
    > : Second, if it is capable of borderless printing, what are the driver
    > : settings?
    > I don't know. how do I find out?
    >
    > : Third, what application are you using and have you specified all
    > : applicable parameters for borderless?
    >
    > A few different ones I tried adjusting the margins by going to File>Page
    > Setup.

    I did some searching of this group and found an idea. I went into the
    registry and changed the default margins to 0.000 wherever I could change it
    including the defaults.

    This helped some but not quite so I assume now the problem is the printer. I
    will just have to use it as is. Thanks for all the suggestions. It has been
    a big help. I am glad someone in alt.www.webmaster suggested this newsgroup
    :0)

    Heidi

    > I did some searching of this group and found an idea. I went into the
    > registry and changed the default margins to 0.000 wherever I could change
    it
    > including the defaults.
    >
    > This helped some but not quite so I assume now the problem is the printer.
    > will just have to use it as is. Thanks for all the suggestions. It has
    been
    > a big help. I am glad someone in alt.www.webmaster suggested this
    newsgroup

    If your cards are smaller than standard sheets of paper you might be able to
    fool it into doing what you want. For example if you tape a postcard in the
    middle of a regular sheet of paper then the printer could print right over
    the edge of the post card onto the paper.

Printers Peripherals