Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Remove margins?

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 9:44:46 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

How can I remove margins when printing? I want 0 for all margins but so far
I can't get it to be that way.
I try using page set up but it always adds the margins back. I am trying to
print a greeting card but the edges keep getting cut off.

Heidi

More about : remove margins

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:10:16 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Before anyone can help with an answer, a little bit more information is
needed.

First, what is the make and model of your printer? Some print borderless and
some don't.
Second, if it is capable of borderless printing, what are the driver
settings?
Third, what application are you using and have you specified all applicable
parameters for borderless?

Offhand, I'd say that since the margins are added back each time you specify
zero, your printer isn't capable of borderless printing.
--
Ron

"Heidi" <blackcat2@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ileNe.131097$gL1.107220@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> How can I remove margins when printing? I want 0 for all margins but so
> far
> I can't get it to be that way.
> I try using page set up but it always adds the margins back. I am trying
> to
> print a greeting card but the edges keep getting cut off.
>
> Heidi
>
>
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:13:44 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

drc023 wrote:
: First, what is the make and model of your printer?
Lexmark X1185

: Second, if it is capable of borderless printing, what are the driver
: settings?
I don't know. how do I find out?

: Third, what application are you using and have you specified all
: applicable parameters for borderless?

A few different ones I tried adjusting the margins by going to File>Page
Setup.
Related resources
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 11:33:49 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Heidi" <blackcat2@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:sMeNe.131107$gL1.3023@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> drc023 wrote:
> : First, what is the make and model of your printer?
> Lexmark X1185

Review here says...
http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/hardware/printers/printerf...

"Adding to the downside, the unit did not support borderless outputs and the
pictures produced on paper were not centered."
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 11:39:43 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

From what I could find by looking at product descriptions (Google search)
there is no mention of borderless capability. Canon Pixma printers, iP3000
and up and older Canons i860 and up do support borderless printing. They are
also much less expensive to operate - much lower ink costs.
--
Ron

"Heidi" <blackcat2@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:sMeNe.131107$gL1.3023@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> drc023 wrote:
> : First, what is the make and model of your printer?
> Lexmark X1185
>
> : Second, if it is capable of borderless printing, what are the driver
> : settings?
> I don't know. how do I find out?
>
> : Third, what application are you using and have you specified all
> : applicable parameters for borderless?
>
> A few different ones I tried adjusting the margins by going to File>Page
> Setup.
>
>
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 8:08:58 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I did some searching of this group and found an idea. I went into the
registry and changed the default margins to 0.000 wherever I could change it
including the defaults.

This helped some but not quite so I assume now the problem is the printer. I
will just have to use it as is. Thanks for all the suggestions. It has been
a big help. I am glad someone in alt.www.webmaster suggested this newsgroup
:0)

Heidi
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 10:22:28 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Heidi" <blackcat2@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uunNe.133373$gL1.84396@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> I did some searching of this group and found an idea. I went into the
> registry and changed the default margins to 0.000 wherever I could change
it
> including the defaults.
>
> This helped some but not quite so I assume now the problem is the printer.
I
> will just have to use it as is. Thanks for all the suggestions. It has
been
> a big help. I am glad someone in alt.www.webmaster suggested this
newsgroup

If your cards are smaller than standard sheets of paper you might be able to
fool it into doing what you want. For example if you tape a postcard in the
middle of a regular sheet of paper then the printer could print right over
the edge of the post card onto the paper.
!