file open error

I had saved alot of files in a folder in ntfs volume having windows 2000
professional as OS. later on , i had problem on windows 2000 and tried to
install the windows xp but without a success. the files are stored in the
second partion of the same disk.

now the problem is that while trying to access those files, i get error
message saying that access is denied....permission error...and all those
files are in green color now. i am in desperate need of those files so any
help to this will be highly appreciated.

thanks
--
BK
1 answer Last reply

    This link may help.

    http://www.lostpassword.com/efs.htm

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "BKhanal" wrote:
    |I had saved alot of files in a folder in ntfs volume having windows 2000
    | professional as OS. later on , i had problem on windows 2000 and tried to
    | install the windows xp but without a success. the files are stored in the
    | second partion of the same disk.
    |
    | now the problem is that while trying to access those files, i get error
    | message saying that access is denied....permission error...and all those
    | files are in green color now. i am in desperate need of those files so any
    | help to this will be highly appreciated.
    |
    | thanks
    | --
    | BK

File System Windows 2000 Windows