Plz post your 3DMark here! E6600, P5W DH, OCZ 6400, X1900XT!

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Hi Guys,

I ran PCMark and 3DMark on my PC last night. I was using the free version. As I am not using the pay service (just not worth it for one run at $40 if you dont use it professionally), I cannot check to see how my system stacks up against others. I hit Google and the forumz, and got some data points. If those points prove true, then I think I am going to be very disappointed with the new system. Could you please take a look at my scores and let me know what you think? Please post yours too so others coming to this page can learn too. THANKS!

PCMark = 6493
3DMark = 4936

The list of detailed components are on this page:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&all=1&t=192733&postdays=0&postorder=asc

-Antec Performance One P180B Mid-Tower
-Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 550W
-Asus P5W DH Deluxe
-Conroe E6600
-OCZ Platinum Revision 2, 2GB, DDR2 800
-MSI RX1900XT-VT2D512E Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB
-Lite-On SHM-165H6S Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer
-ViewSonic VX922 19" LCD Monitor
-Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite Mac/Win PS2/USB

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Hi Guys,

I ran PCMark and 3DMark on my PC last night. I was using the free version. As I am not using the pay service (just not worth it for one run at $40 if you dont use it professionally), I cannot check to see how my system stacks up against others. I hit Google and the forumz, and got some data points. If those points prove true, then I think I am going to be very disappointed with the new system. Could you please take a look at my scores and let me know what you think? Please post yours too so others coming to this page can learn too. THANKS!

PCMark = 6493
3DMark = 4936

The list of detailed components are on this page:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&all=1&t=192733&postdays=0&postorder=asc

-Antec Performance One P180B Mid-Tower
-Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 550W
-Asus P5W DH Deluxe
-Conroe E6600
-OCZ Platinum Revision 2, 2GB, DDR2 800
-MSI RX1900XT-VT2D512E Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB
-Lite-On SHM-165H6S Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer
-ViewSonic VX922 19" LCD Monitor
-Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite Mac/Win PS2/USB

Benchmarks are just that. Does it perform OK in games?

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=377&card2=

This link gives it a similar score in 3Dmark so I don't really see too much cause for concern.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
I'm assuming you're running the Video card at stock speeds and using the lastest Catalyst 6.8 drivers?

If so, that's looks about right. You can enable the Overdrive function in the Catalyst drivers and play with the Core and Memory speeds. Should be able to hit approximatly 5700 points quite easilly.. which you shouldn't be dissapointed with.

Also 3D Mark doesn't even begin to tell the whole story... we play games, not benchmarks.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I couldn't find other scores from that link? I saw people getting scores in the 6000-7000 range without OC'ing, and I'm messing around in the 4000s! It works pretty well in games but I think it can do better, especially with the videos it plays in games, and movies. I'd love to see what other people are getting first hand and get into a dialog to see what I can do to punch it up. Could be the vid card, could be the RAM. The mobo and chip are great, I know that. Could maybe be some driver settings, maybe the BIOS. I dont know. Com'on guys, POST THOSE SCORES!

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I ran 3DMark06. I am using the latest 6.8 catalyst drivers, downloaded right from the website. Something I did notice though was in the install shield when I started installing them, it said "welcome to ATI ...... X1900 series". It didnt have the XT at the end. Not sure if this is a biggie?

You say it's pretty easy to OC the vid card? What about the PCMark score. Is that ok?

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Everything looks fine.. those peeps hitting 6K are lying to you..:p They Overclocked.

Hells a Highly Oc'ed x1900XT (750/820) I have with an X2 3800+ oc'ed to 2.8Ghz only get's about 6589 points. (Although the test was run back in April with much older drivers I doubt things have changed THAT dramatically).

So those people claiming to be hitting 6K to 7K are either cheating, lying, overclocking or not using the standard settings.
You have nothing to worry about..;)

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
I ran 3DMark06. I am using the latest 6.8 catalyst drivers, downloaded right from the website. Something I did notice though was in the install shield when I started installing them, it said "welcome to ATI ...... X1900 series". It didnt have the XT at the end. Not sure if this is a biggie?

You say it's pretty easy to OC the vid card? What about the PCMark score. Is that ok?

Go play a newish game. If it doesn't slow down below 30fps and looks good then you have no problem.

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I love Black and White. It works well until a huge army attacks and then starts jamming up. Arrrhhhh. If I zoom out, it eases up again.

If the system is what it is then thats fine, I can live with it. If I cant make it faster, THEN IS MY GIVEN RIGHT! AHAHHAHAH. So lets start marking it faster.

1) Enable the overdrive function (does this void the warranty?)
2) ?

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Got this text from another thread, a guy with similar issues:

What surprised me were the CPU tests. The two tests that ran never got above 1 FPS. What's up with that?

hball

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Overdrive will not void your warranty as it is a tool provided to you by ATi themselves.

Now as far as your scores.. they're good. Trust me I've built soo many performance PC's I'm quite accustomed to knowing the standard performance and tweaked performance coming out of various builds.

As for Black & White 2.. what settings are you using? That's one hell of a demanding game... hopefully you're not trying to run it over 1280x1024 with 4xAA and 8xAF.

Also make sure you're running the 1.2 patch or newer for Black And White 2.

11351.png

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
to me that 3dmark score is low have you checked Orb on futuremark you can submit your score to compare? I will run my e6600 when i get my video card what are the score breakdowns you were getting?

my d805 @ 3.9 and a stock 7900gtx=
Score 6356 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 2671 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 2667 Marks
CPU Score 2005 Marks

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Hey buddy,

Ok if you so say, I guess my scores are on average then. I will have to look into OCing in the near term. Am a little nervious as this was my first build and I did want to void warranties etc. I'm not sure what settings I put on B&W but I think I maxed them out. Works ok. Thanks for the tip on the patch. If I remember, when I went to the site to check (when I installed the game a few weeks ago), there was no patch? Is it new? Maybe I missed it on the webpage like a noob. Will check again.

Here is a good question - if I OC my machine to a good level (no water cooling etc.), how much will it increase in performance (on average). Is it worth it?

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I also think its low!! I cant get the breakdowns cause its the free version. I wasnt aware you could post and check results with the free version. This is 3DMark06 no?

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
3dmark score: 7932

My system pwns yours. Muahahaha. Screenshots of my scores are in my sig.

Of course, I am using SLI. So it's an unfair advantage i guess.

Umm I think you made a mistake in that first image.. it shows your score as 4xxx something and then some other thing is photoshopped onto it showing 7xxx something..:p
PS.. that was a joke..:p

vsamaco

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
3dmark06: 5686 @ stock settings on similar equipment

e6600
gigabyte ds3
2x1gb xms2 6400 ddr2 800
sapphire x1900xt 512mb
x2 74gb raptor raid 0

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I think you just need to chill man. You have been freaking out since you got this system and I think most of it is pointless. It does not matter if a similar system gets a few hundred more synthetic bungholio marks then you. What matters is if your experience in a given game is up to par. Just play a real game (w/o the fps numbers showing) and enjoy it.

Your system is no slouch. The only real use for synthetic benchmarks is to show relative performance gains/losses or to show if changes to your individual system improves it or not. The games you mention like B&W2 just hammer high-end systems as the graph above showed, so you are right in the ballpark for all of it.

Now if you were talking about other performance issues or a drastic drop in performance then I would say you can worry. This means that games become unplayable or the system is unstable. But just like another thread you were in where someone found that AA and AF were forced on in the drivers, (and gave a hit on his performance) there are many things from one system to the next that affect numbers from apps in the background to mobo chipset drivers.

Bottom line: just relax and enjoy the system.

bordy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
With the configuration I got in my signature I'm doing 6100 in 3DMarks06 and 12 060 in 3DMarks05.

Edit: all my stuff aren't O/c yet so everything is stock speed.

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I'm just putting my score like everybody... Didn't you read the title of the topic?

ahh yes, but you replied to my post. This is showing that what you said was a response to me which made no sense, thus my confusion. If you were just responding to the topic w/o an particular post in mind then reply to the OP so we all know who you are talking to. :)

This forum has replies to individual posters instead of how many forums do it by haveing a "global" response. Not sure why most ppl miss that. ;)