Sign in with
Your question

Plz post your 3DMark here! E6600, P5W DH, OCZ 6400, X1900XT!

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
September 7, 2006 1:22:53 PM

Hi Guys,

I ran PCMark and 3DMark on my PC last night. I was using the free version. As I am not using the pay service (just not worth it for one run at $40 if you dont use it professionally), I cannot check to see how my system stacks up against others. I hit Google and the forumz, and got some data points. If those points prove true, then I think I am going to be very disappointed with the new system. Could you please take a look at my scores and let me know what you think? Please post yours too so others coming to this page can learn too. THANKS!

PCMark = 6493
3DMark = 4936

The list of detailed components are on this page:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam...

-Antec Performance One P180B Mid-Tower
-Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 550W
-Asus P5W DH Deluxe
-Conroe E6600
-OCZ Platinum Revision 2, 2GB, DDR2 800
-MSI RX1900XT-VT2D512E Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB
-Lite-On SHM-165H6S Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer
-ViewSonic VX922 19" LCD Monitor
-Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite Mac/Win PS2/USB

More about : plz post 3dmark e6600 p5w ocz 6400 x1900xt

September 7, 2006 1:33:13 PM

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I ran PCMark and 3DMark on my PC last night. I was using the free version. As I am not using the pay service (just not worth it for one run at $40 if you dont use it professionally), I cannot check to see how my system stacks up against others. I hit Google and the forumz, and got some data points. If those points prove true, then I think I am going to be very disappointed with the new system. Could you please take a look at my scores and let me know what you think? Please post yours too so others coming to this page can learn too. THANKS!

PCMark = 6493
3DMark = 4936

The list of detailed components are on this page:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam...

-Antec Performance One P180B Mid-Tower
-Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 550W
-Asus P5W DH Deluxe
-Conroe E6600
-OCZ Platinum Revision 2, 2GB, DDR2 800
-MSI RX1900XT-VT2D512E Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB
-Lite-On SHM-165H6S Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer
-ViewSonic VX922 19" LCD Monitor
-Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite Mac/Win PS2/USB

Benchmarks are just that. Does it perform OK in games?

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=377&card2...

This link gives it a similar score in 3Dmark so I don't really see too much cause for concern.
a b à CPUs
September 7, 2006 1:36:28 PM

I'm assuming you're running the Video card at stock speeds and using the lastest Catalyst 6.8 drivers?

If so, that's looks about right. You can enable the Overdrive function in the Catalyst drivers and play with the Core and Memory speeds. Should be able to hit approximatly 5700 points quite easilly.. which you shouldn't be dissapointed with.

Also 3D Mark doesn't even begin to tell the whole story... we play games, not benchmarks.
Related resources
September 7, 2006 1:38:04 PM

I couldn't find other scores from that link? I saw people getting scores in the 6000-7000 range without OC'ing, and I'm messing around in the 4000s! It works pretty well in games but I think it can do better, especially with the videos it plays in games, and movies. I'd love to see what other people are getting first hand and get into a dialog to see what I can do to punch it up. Could be the vid card, could be the RAM. The mobo and chip are great, I know that. Could maybe be some driver settings, maybe the BIOS. I dont know. Com'on guys, POST THOSE SCORES!
September 7, 2006 1:40:50 PM

I ran 3DMark06. I am using the latest 6.8 catalyst drivers, downloaded right from the website. Something I did notice though was in the install shield when I started installing them, it said "welcome to ATI ...... X1900 series". It didnt have the XT at the end. Not sure if this is a biggie?

You say it's pretty easy to OC the vid card? What about the PCMark score. Is that ok?
a b à CPUs
September 7, 2006 1:46:12 PM

Everything looks fine.. those peeps hitting 6K are lying to you..:p  They Overclocked.

Hells a Highly Oc'ed x1900XT (750/820) I have with an X2 3800+ oc'ed to 2.8Ghz only get's about 6589 points. (Although the test was run back in April with much older drivers I doubt things have changed THAT dramatically).

So those people claiming to be hitting 6K to 7K are either cheating, lying, overclocking or not using the standard settings.
You have nothing to worry about..;)
September 7, 2006 1:47:28 PM

Quote:
I ran 3DMark06. I am using the latest 6.8 catalyst drivers, downloaded right from the website. Something I did notice though was in the install shield when I started installing them, it said "welcome to ATI ...... X1900 series". It didnt have the XT at the end. Not sure if this is a biggie?

You say it's pretty easy to OC the vid card? What about the PCMark score. Is that ok?

Go play a newish game. If it doesn't slow down below 30fps and looks good then you have no problem.
September 7, 2006 1:51:01 PM

I love Black and White. It works well until a huge army attacks and then starts jamming up. Arrrhhhh. If I zoom out, it eases up again.

If the system is what it is then thats fine, I can live with it. If I cant make it faster, THEN IS MY GIVEN RIGHT! AHAHHAHAH. So lets start marking it faster.

1) Enable the overdrive function (does this void the warranty?)
2) ?
September 7, 2006 1:52:38 PM

Got this text from another thread, a guy with similar issues:

What surprised me were the CPU tests. The two tests that ran never got above 1 FPS. What's up with that?

hball
a b à CPUs
September 7, 2006 4:19:49 PM

Overdrive will not void your warranty as it is a tool provided to you by ATi themselves.

Now as far as your scores.. they're good. Trust me I've built soo many performance PC's I'm quite accustomed to knowing the standard performance and tweaked performance coming out of various builds.

As for Black & White 2.. what settings are you using? That's one hell of a demanding game... hopefully you're not trying to run it over 1280x1024 with 4xAA and 8xAF.

Also make sure you're running the 1.2 patch or newer for Black And White 2.

September 7, 2006 4:57:46 PM

to me that 3dmark score is low have you checked Orb on futuremark you can submit your score to compare? I will run my e6600 when i get my video card what are the score breakdowns you were getting?

my d805 @ 3.9 and a stock 7900gtx=
Score 6356 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 2671 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 2667 Marks
CPU Score 2005 Marks
September 7, 2006 5:00:29 PM

Hey buddy,

Ok if you so say, I guess my scores are on average then. I will have to look into OCing in the near term. Am a little nervious as this was my first build and I did want to void warranties etc. I'm not sure what settings I put on B&W but I think I maxed them out. Works ok. Thanks for the tip on the patch. If I remember, when I went to the site to check (when I installed the game a few weeks ago), there was no patch? Is it new? Maybe I missed it on the webpage like a noob. Will check again.

Here is a good question - if I OC my machine to a good level (no water cooling etc.), how much will it increase in performance (on average). Is it worth it?
September 7, 2006 5:02:54 PM

I also think its low!! I cant get the breakdowns cause its the free version. I wasnt aware you could post and check results with the free version. This is 3DMark06 no?
September 7, 2006 5:37:17 PM

3dmark score: 7932

My system pwns yours. Muahahaha. Screenshots of my scores are in my sig.

Of course, I am using SLI. So it's an unfair advantage i guess.
a b à CPUs
September 7, 2006 5:51:55 PM

Quote:
3dmark score: 7932

My system pwns yours. Muahahaha. Screenshots of my scores are in my sig.

Of course, I am using SLI. So it's an unfair advantage i guess.

Umm I think you made a mistake in that first image.. it shows your score as 4xxx something and then some other thing is photoshopped onto it showing 7xxx something..:p 
PS.. that was a joke..:p 
September 7, 2006 5:56:04 PM

3dmark06: 5686 @ stock settings on similar equipment

e6600
gigabyte ds3
2x1gb xms2 6400 ddr2 800
sapphire x1900xt 512mb
x2 74gb raptor raid 0
a b à CPUs
September 7, 2006 6:01:05 PM

Could you post a link to your submitted results?

Also your individual results.
September 7, 2006 6:34:13 PM

I think you just need to chill man. You have been freaking out since you got this system and I think most of it is pointless. It does not matter if a similar system gets a few hundred more synthetic bungholio marks then you. What matters is if your experience in a given game is up to par. Just play a real game (w/o the fps numbers showing) and enjoy it.

Your system is no slouch. The only real use for synthetic benchmarks is to show relative performance gains/losses or to show if changes to your individual system improves it or not. The games you mention like B&W2 just hammer high-end systems as the graph above showed, so you are right in the ballpark for all of it.

Now if you were talking about other performance issues or a drastic drop in performance then I would say you can worry. This means that games become unplayable or the system is unstable. But just like another thread you were in where someone found that AA and AF were forced on in the drivers, (and gave a hit on his performance) there are many things from one system to the next that affect numbers from apps in the background to mobo chipset drivers.

Bottom line: just relax and enjoy the system.
September 7, 2006 6:59:47 PM

With the configuration I got in my signature I'm doing 6100 in 3DMarks06 and 12 060 in 3DMarks05.

Edit: all my stuff aren't O/c yet so everything is stock speed.
September 7, 2006 7:01:52 PM

Quote:
With the configuration I got in my signature I'm doing 6100 in 3DMarks06 and 12 060 in 3DMarks05.

and your point is...?
September 7, 2006 7:03:10 PM

I'm just putting my score like everybody... Didn't you read the title of the topic?
September 7, 2006 7:07:36 PM

Quote:
I'm just putting my score like everybody... Didn't you read the title of the topic?

ahh yes, but you replied to my post. This is showing that what you said was a response to me which made no sense, thus my confusion. If you were just responding to the topic w/o an particular post in mind then reply to the OP so we all know who you are talking to. :) 

This forum has replies to individual posters instead of how many forums do it by haveing a "global" response. Not sure why most ppl miss that. ;) 
September 7, 2006 7:11:15 PM

K lol I always reply to the post before mine I guess it's a habit :roll:
September 7, 2006 7:11:54 PM

it's all good man, one day you'll get it ;) 
September 7, 2006 7:16:48 PM

At leist my scores seem pretty good which is a great news!
September 7, 2006 7:18:47 PM

Quote:
I think you just need to chill man. You have been freaking out since you got this system and I think most of it is pointless. It does not matter if a similar system gets a few hundred more synthetic bungholio marks then you. What matters is if your experience in a given game is up to par. Just play a real game (w/o the fps numbers showing) and enjoy it.

Your system is no slouch. The only real use for synthetic benchmarks is to show relative performance gains/losses or to show if changes to your individual system improves it or not. The games you mention like B&W2 just hammer high-end systems as the graph above showed, so you are right in the ballpark for all of it.

Now if you were talking about other performance issues or a drastic drop in performance then I would say you can worry. This means that games become unplayable or the system is unstable. But just like another thread you were in where someone found that AA and AF were forced on in the drivers, (and gave a hit on his performance) there are many things from one system to the next that affect numbers from apps in the background to mobo chipset drivers.

Bottom line: just relax and enjoy the system.

So lets say two identical systems run 3dmark 06, one scores 8000 and the other 5000. Now if both systems were to play oblivion dont you think the one that scored with the 8000 would have greater performance in the same game?

did you read that? RELATIVE, implying that if you are close you are fine. a 3000 point difference in 3dMark06 is NOT close. My score was around 5500 w/ my video card clocked up 25Mhz on core and mem, and my cpu oc'd as well. His are within a few hundred points of that w/ the stock card (the biggest deciding factor in 3dmark) and if you look at similar systems (stock 1900xt's are the big point there) he is within spitting distance so I say he is fine to play games and enjoy it w/o worrying about bungholio marks. (e-peni$ envy that you/he may have notwithstanding)

Oh, and if they were identical systems then they would have identical scores. Otherwise they are not identical now are they? ;) 
September 7, 2006 7:20:51 PM

Hey guys! Seems like this topic has stirred up some emotions. Everyone just be cool. Nothing to get tense about.

Bottom line - my system does not have the same juice as someone with the exact same components. I paid the same money, and it's my right to get every last scrap of performance out of it if I can. Com'on, you would want to do it as well. If it can do better and it's a setting here or there, then you would not sleep until you could get it done. I am sure everyone will agree.

I'm getting 4900 or something, and these guys are pulling scores of 6000+, its evident now. 1100/4900 X 100 = 20%+ increase in performace. I mean com'on !!! Thats not peanuts. Something is wrong, and I think I noticed it a little in my games (but lets not get into that). I wanna get my score up to 5500-6500 without OCing, and either have to change settings or find out if it's my components.

Does anyone have a litst of checks or diagnostics I can work through (for eg. what if my RAM speed is set to a much lower Mhz and I havent checked that yet). I'm new to these so every day I tweak and check something. It's taking time! Eventually I will get to the OC part, but help out a lost soul for now!

Thanks again for your help.
September 7, 2006 7:25:04 PM

Dont expect to get a 6500 score on stock speed... as I said with my rig (signature) I personally did 6100 which seems to be a good score.
September 7, 2006 7:26:47 PM

You should seriously get a 5800-6200 score though...

Go grab CPU-Z and the latest drivers for each of your component and take some screenies to show us your detailed specs.
September 7, 2006 7:26:51 PM

Seems like the card has a huge affect. Thats where I should start. How do you manually overclock the x1900xt. Whats the estimated increase in performance?
September 7, 2006 7:32:03 PM

Try to bring it to the X1900XTX Frequencies which are 650/775 instead of 625/725 on your X1900XT.

BTW do you have the 6,8 Drivers?
September 7, 2006 7:34:24 PM

I've got them. Those frequencies you mentioned - are they optimal. Is that the sweet spot. I was just reading through another thread on how to OC the x1900xt using ATI TOOL. Seems pretty self explanatory.

How high must I take the card (in frequency), and how hot can I allot it to get.
September 7, 2006 7:43:14 PM

I would try to reach the XTX frequencies like I told u and then you'll see how your score will be...

As for temperature the card can easily reach 80 degrees in full action which is not dangerous

90+ degrees is dangerous
September 7, 2006 7:47:31 PM

k, first off I am not trying to make this personal. I have just tried helping this guy in another thread (scroll down a bit for his entry into the thread) w/ very solid info. Others were there too, all giving him good advice and then he ignores it all and keeps freaking out about another "issue" before the first one is even resolved. To me that means that he is getting worked up over nothing if the games still play fine. 300-500 points is not something to worry about when it could be something "simple" like background apps or other software... or even something dumber.

I am not the one to coin the name bungholio marks, that is a forum name that has been used by many long before I got here. It points out the worth of racing for the highest marks rather then just enjoying the system. But hey, if that is your thing then go for it man. I was just originally trying to tell fishboi to calm down and just enjoy his system. You were the one that jumped me for it. :roll:
September 7, 2006 7:53:29 PM

I had scores which I considered low too. It turned out that my card was still in the "2D" frequencies instead of "3D." The driver wasn't switching the mode. I disabled the services and use ATITOOL now. Go here to read about it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Diamond/X1900XT/

Hope it helps.
September 7, 2006 7:55:49 PM

Quote:
I also think its low!! I cant get the breakdowns cause its the free version. I wasnt aware you could post and check results with the free version. This is 3DMark06 no?

sure you can when you finish running the test just submit the score , you'll create an account and it'll be in orb. regardless if its free or not. I too have the free version as its what most people use by default. Also if you start the test in the right hand of the futuremark screen itll give you the breakdown of the last test.

and by the way my pcmark05 was something like 6800

From what i gather e6600 should give you a cpu score of around 2100 stock on 3d06. everything else is graphic test and my guess thats where your issue is.

As far as people getting emotional I find it funny most other forums have a sticky and peope comparing scores here its like there pissed because you've scored higher or you must be bragging. yes it is a benchmark but its directly comparable to gameplay higher scores = higher fps.
September 7, 2006 8:05:22 PM

Quote:
You were the one that jumped me for it. :roll:

I didnt jump you about anything mr sensitive :roll: My very first post was an example as I was just trying to point out something. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

ya, but your example sucked. ;)  I just like arguments man, and while some think that it is offensive, I find it fun. Dont take my comments as being offended or "sensitive" as I can take hits just fine. All part of the fun. :) 

Regardless, I still think this guy is way too worked up over a few hundred points. W/ the other issues he brought up in that other thread I linked I can see he may have other problems in his system but he is not mentioning it here... makes me wonder if he is really on the level w/ any of this...
September 7, 2006 8:28:37 PM

:lol:  You guys totally crack me up! I dont know why anyone would waste their time by posting a flame or something rotten to say. What on earth does that accomplish? Doesnt help the person in need, makes everyone else made. Plus, instead of tying 20 lines of blow-off, spend that 4min shooting some mother-truckers up in FEAR! If you calc your 30 posts a day X 4 min, it's GAME OVER TO LIFE! :o  But I love it here - it helps me a lot and I enjoy talking to all of you guys. Even the lamos. Its fun.

Look at all the info in this thread. One guy says use ATI TOOL, another says no way! The info helps! I am still not sure how to go about OCing my card tonight. One person said down with CCC in the other thread, now someone said down with ATI TOOL. What now guys? Where do I start?

2 points taken away from this thread:
-my vcard can go to 80C
-it shouldnt be hard to OC

What about warranty?

And finally yes, my 3DMark score stinks like ass! I wanna get it up because YES I know it will improve my games. THANKS GUYS!
September 7, 2006 8:29:08 PM

Needs login name and pass bordy??
September 7, 2006 8:33:43 PM

Hey CD14, now that is the first bit of constructive banter I've seen. GREAT TIP! I will check it tonight! Thanks man. Now thats what Im talking about. Thats why I'm here. I'm convinced its a setting!
September 7, 2006 8:34:39 PM

I switched it for a screenshot.
September 7, 2006 8:37:14 PM

We gotta say I did it in 1280x1024 so my score should be much higher in 1024x768.
September 7, 2006 8:40:19 PM

Well seriously, do you guys see what I mean? Thats over 1000 points difference, and thats nothing to flinch at. There must be something wrong with my system. I'm going to check the settings tonight and maybe OC when I get info on how/which tool to use.

PS> THANKS BORDY FOR CLEARING THIS UP!
September 7, 2006 8:41:09 PM

My res was also 1280X1024.
September 7, 2006 8:42:44 PM

Np 8)
September 7, 2006 9:09:45 PM

U have SLI lol it's unfair :lol: 
September 7, 2006 9:11:31 PM

It,s weird that u are beating me cuz I looked at a few benchmarks for games and even your 2 7800GT can't compete with the X1900XTX :( 
!