Help, if anyone can!

Hello, everybody. I need help, other than mental help now :( If it can go
wrong, it will always happen to me. I know that windows keeps logs; and if a
file is deleted, it's not actually deleted. These files, like programs and
documents, are easy to find, and recover.
However, I was talking to this girl in one of the chatrooms that yahoo
messenger has. Well, on the darn properties, the conversations do get
archived but they delete everytime yahoo messenger is closed....guess I
should have checked that. Hopefully, they are still cached somewhere. What
I did do was: I copied her email address, then I closed the window. With my
wonderful luck, I went to paste the email address.....and low and behold, it
didn't paste. I can't remember her dang email address....the part I
remember, there are still thousand of combinations of addresses I would have
to try. I searched yahoo directly, no luck.
I feel like jumping off the bridge here in Memphis. I have never met
such a perfect girl. Only one slight problem, when you look at the map of
the flat world......I'm in the northwest part-Tennessee......and she's in the
southeast part-Australia. I need help recovering her email somehow; if
anyone can, I will be forever in your debt. Please, help me keep from going
to the state mental institution.
Any ideas, please email me at provigilken@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Kenny

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:730C18FE-6026-44C3-8C8C-C99AEAEA7450@microsoft.com,
Provigilken <Provigilken@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Hello, everybody. I need help, other than mental help now :( If it
> can go wrong, it will always happen to me. I know that windows keeps
> logs; and if a file is deleted, it's not actually deleted. These
> files, like programs and documents, are easy to find, and recover.
> However, I was talking to this girl in one of the chatrooms that yahoo
> messenger has. Well, on the darn properties, the conversations do get
> archived but they delete everytime yahoo messenger is closed....guess
> I should have checked that. Hopefully, they are still cached
> somewhere. What
> I did do was: I copied her email address, then I closed the window.
> With my wonderful luck, I went to paste the email address.....and low
> and behold, it didn't paste. I can't remember her dang email
> address....the part I remember, there are still thousand of
> combinations of addresses I would have to try. I searched yahoo
> directly, no luck.
> I feel like jumping off the bridge here in Memphis. I have never met
> such a perfect girl. Only one slight problem, when you look at the
> map of the flat world......I'm in the northwest
> part-Tennessee......and she's in the southeast part-Australia. I need
> help recovering her email somehow; if anyone can, I will be forever
> in your debt. Please, help me keep from going to the state mental
> institution.
> Any ideas, please email me at provigilken@yahoo.com.
>
> Thanks,
> Kenny

Open this:

C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.log

Scroll way down near the bottom... Root about in there and you may find
their username on Yahoo again.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes