Cleaning i4000 printhead

My cyan shows a white stripe in print test. Actual printout look OK. I've done
multiple print clean cycles.

I've noticed some post mention about removing the printhead and cleaning with
some solution. The manual did not have instructions. Are there somewhere on the
net? Th printer is Canon Pixma 4000.
57 answers Last reply
More about cleaning i4000 printhead

    Try a Canon cleaning cart.

    See http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic113770.html

    Link to post 'Canon cleaning Carts' on this page.

    Davy

    "Davy" <davecoe@blueyonder.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Try a Canon cleaning cart.
    >
    > See http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic113770.html
    >
    > Link to post 'Canon cleaning Carts' on this page.

    hey? How did my message end up there?

    DC - The following forum has lots of info on cleaning Canon printheads. Sign
    in and ask questions if you don't find the information you need already
    posted.
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

    "DC" <dci@glebnomail.com> wrote in message
    > My cyan shows a white stripe in print test. Actual printout look OK. I've
    > done
    > multiple print clean cycles.
    >
    > I've noticed some post mention about removing the printhead and cleaning
    > with
    > some solution. The manual did not have instructions. Are there somewhere
    > on the
    > net? Th printer is Canon Pixma 4000.

    > Burt is photofreek the moderator on nifty. Are you going to believe
    > him. You are forwarned

    I don't know his current status... but I do believe he moderated for at
    least a short period of time. But would I believe him? Well
    considering he did moderate the forum for a short period of time I
    think he would be perfectly qualified to know what sort of information
    has been posted there... so in this case I would believe him.

    > It has been my experience that, once printheads start to clog, no amount of "cleaning"
    > will get them back to normal. I've tried all of the cleaning methods generally
    > discussed and have wasted more than a few dollars on commercial
    > cleaning solutions.

    Just a thought, are you sure they are clogged?

    It's a thermal system.. a system that is very much prone to burn out..
    .. just like a lightbulb eventually.

    Yes, I am. When you replace the printheads, the printer returns to
    working normally.

    On 27 Aug 2005 23:53:52 -0700, "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >> It has been my experience that, once printheads start to clog, no amount of "cleaning"
    >> will get them back to normal. I've tried all of the cleaning methods generally
    >> discussed and have wasted more than a few dollars on commercial
    >> cleaning solutions.
    >
    >Just a thought, are you sure they are clogged?
    >
    >It's a thermal system.. a system that is very much prone to burn out..
    >. just like a lightbulb eventually.

    > Yes, I am. When you replace the printheads, the printer returns to
    > working normally.

    Well what i'm saying is they might not be clogged. If the heater
    inside the chamber is burnt out the effect would be either deminished
    operation or no operation. Might look like a clog but be burn out.

    To be honest, I've not met a canon printhead that totally failed. Most
    people who I know who have canons don't use them to print photos and go
    though perhaps one ream of paper a year, perhaps two. I have met
    clogged canon printheads on older units that were definatly clogged as
    the use of either cleaning solution or windex cleared the clog and
    returned the printer to normal operation.

    In article <U%8Qe.1073$5k1.534@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>,
    inkystinky@oem.com says...

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    > >DC - The following forum has lots of info on cleaning Canon printheads. Sign
    > >in and ask questions if you don't find the information you need already
    > >posted.
    > >http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
    > >

    > Burt is photofreek the moderator on nifty. Are you going to believe
    > him. You are forwarned

    I know it is silly to try to ask you a question & get a resonable reply,
    but I'm curious as to how you would explain this:

    How does Burt being photofreek, and being the moderator of another
    newsgroup diminish his veracity as an exprienced user? You've stated
    this often, as if it detracts from his staus, and I can't see how there
    is a connection. Seems like it makes him more credible, not less.

    > Sounds like Zukee and Burtie are one and the same.

    Perhaps we are... perhaps it's our master plan to though the marketing
    of 3rd party ink, crash the world economy and pave the way to our
    master plan of dorld womination. And we would gotten away with it if
    it wasn't for those pesky kids, and their stupid dog.

    What are we going to do tonight?
    The same thing we do everything, try to wominate the dorld!
    It's inky, it's inky and the stain stain stain.
    Stain! -A Borner Wrothers presentation.
    ---

    Or perhaps you are just paranoid.

    zakezuke wrote:

    >>Burt is photofreek the moderator on nifty. Are you going to believe
    >>him. You are forwarned
    >>

    >I don't know his current status... but I do believe he moderated for at
    >least a short period of time. But would I believe him? Well
    >considering he did moderate the forum for a short period of time I
    >think he would be perfectly qualified to know what sort of information
    >has been posted there... so in this case I would believe him.

    Al Gore wrote:

    ...When I posted my first message in this thread, I didn't volunteer
    where I buy my ink because I assumed that, if I did, the flamers in
    this newsgroup would start to fire away...

    Hey Big Al...there is only one real flamer in the ng and he uses the
    name "measekite".
    He is arguably the most obnoxious (and ignorant) poster to ever post in
    any ng.
    We all now believe that he is a "shill" (a plant) from Canon. He is vile
    and most of the time unintelligible in his replies, will change your
    post when you catch him in one of his many lies and misinformation and
    yet by his own admission has never ever used any after market inks. From
    his postings you'd think he was married to or joined at the hip to his
    one and only printer, a Canon ip4000.
    He is a real sick wacko.
    Go figure!
    Frank

    Frank, you are preaching to the choir. I figured out what this
    Measekite character was the first time I read on of his posts. He
    went in the kill file about three seconds later and is no longer an
    annoyance. If you haven't done the same ... give it a thought.

    Al Gore wrote:
    > Frank, you are preaching to the choir. I figured out what this
    > Measekite character was the first time I read on of his posts. He
    > went in the kill file about three seconds later and is no longer an
    > annoyance. If you haven't done the same ... give it a thought.
    >
    > On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:59:45 -0700, Frank <fb@notspam.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Al Gore wrote:
    >>
    >> ...When I posted my first message in this thread, I didn't volunteer
    >>where I buy my ink because I assumed that, if I did, the flamers in
    >>this newsgroup would start to fire away...
    >>
    >>Hey Big Al...there is only one real flamer in the ng and he uses the
    >>name "measekite".
    >>He is arguably the most obnoxious (and ignorant) poster to ever post in
    >>any ng.
    >>We all now believe that he is a "shill" (a plant) from Canon. He is vile
    >>and most of the time unintelligible in his replies, will change your
    >>post when you catch him in one of his many lies and misinformation and
    >>yet by his own admission has never ever used any after market inks. From
    >>his postings you'd think he was married to or joined at the hip to his
    >>one and only printer, a Canon ip4000.
    >>He is a real sick wacko.
    >>Go figure!
    >>Frank

    Oh I kill filed his stupid ignorant ass a while ago. I only see his
    nonsensical replies thank G_d.
    Frank

    Al Gore wrote:

    > Frank, you are preaching to the choir. I figured out what this
    > Measekite character was the first time I read on of his posts. He
    > went in the kill file about three seconds later and is no longer an
    > annoyance. If you haven't done the same ... give it a thought.
    >
    > On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:59:45 -0700, Frank <fb@notspam.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Al Gore wrote:
    >>
    >> ...When I posted my first message in this thread, I didn't volunteer
    >>where I buy my ink because I assumed that, if I did, the flamers in
    >>this newsgroup would start to fire away...
    >>
    >>Hey Big Al...there is only one real flamer in the ng and he uses the
    >>name "measekite".
    >>He is arguably the most obnoxious (and ignorant) poster to ever post in
    >>any ng.
    >>We all now believe that he is a "shill" (a plant) from Canon. He is vile
    >>and most of the time unintelligible in his replies, will change your
    >>post when you catch him in one of his many lies and misinformation and
    >>yet by his own admission has never ever used any after market inks. From
    >>his postings you'd think he was married to or joined at the hip to his
    >>one and only printer, a Canon ip4000.
    >>He is a real sick wacko.
    >>Go figure!
    >>Frank

    Oh one other thing...I sincerely believe that he is now talking to
    himself...only himself.
    Good!
    Frank

    Al Gore wrote:
    > If you refill enough, sooner or later the Canon printheads are going
    > to clog regardless of who's ink you use. Anyone who thinks that they
    > can start refilling and never have to replace the cartridge and/or the
    > printhead is deluding themselves. The important think is to find good
    > quality ink so those problems occur seldom enough to permit a
    > substantial savings in print costs.
    >
    > Also, I never said that my printheads have never clogged since using
    > NuJet ink. I will tell you that, since buying their ink, my clogging
    > problems have been dramatically reduced to the point where replacing a
    > printhead due to clogging is a rare event. I normally print
    > approximate 100 to 150 pages a day five times a week with print
    > coverage comparable to you morning newspaper. I use the equivalent of
    > one black cartridge daily. With NuJet Ink, I generally can go a year
    > before I start seeing my print quality deteriorate. By then it's
    > usually time for a new print due to the heavy use.

    If I printed as much as you (100 to 150 pages per day), I would perform
    bi-monthly maintenance on the printhead. I'd remove it and flush all
    of the ink out of the printhead with de-mineralized water through the
    intake tubes with an eyedropper. This would eliminate build-up of old
    dried ink. I've never used specialized cleaning cartridges and I've
    been refilling for many years.

    -Taliesyn

    Thanks, but, like I said in my original post to this thread. I've
    tried EVERYTHING over the years including what you have suggested.
    I've even built special tools to flush the printheads.

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:42:55 -0400, Taliesyn <taliesyn4@netscape.net>
    wrote:

    >Al Gore wrote:
    >> If you refill enough, sooner or later the Canon printheads are going
    >> to clog regardless of who's ink you use. Anyone who thinks that they
    >> can start refilling and never have to replace the cartridge and/or the
    >> printhead is deluding themselves. The important think is to find good
    >> quality ink so those problems occur seldom enough to permit a
    >> substantial savings in print costs.
    >>
    >> Also, I never said that my printheads have never clogged since using
    >> NuJet ink. I will tell you that, since buying their ink, my clogging
    >> problems have been dramatically reduced to the point where replacing a
    >> printhead due to clogging is a rare event. I normally print
    >> approximate 100 to 150 pages a day five times a week with print
    >> coverage comparable to you morning newspaper. I use the equivalent of
    >> one black cartridge daily. With NuJet Ink, I generally can go a year
    >> before I start seeing my print quality deteriorate. By then it's
    >> usually time for a new print due to the heavy use.
    >>

    >If I printed as much as you (100 to 150 pages per day), I would perform
    >bi-monthly maintenance on the printhead. I'd remove it and flush all
    >of the ink out of the printhead with de-mineralized water through the
    >intake tubes with an eyedropper. This would eliminate build-up of old
    >dried ink. I've never used specialized cleaning cartridges and I've
    >been refilling for many years.
    >
    >-Taliesyn

    > Also, I never said that my printheads have never clogged since using
    > NuJet ink. I will tell you that, since buying their ink, my clogging
    > problems have been dramatically reduced to the point where replacing a
    > printhead due to clogging is a rare event. I normally print
    > approximate 100 to 150 pages a day five times a week with print
    > coverage comparable to you morning newspaper. I use the equivalent of
    > one black cartridge daily. With NuJet Ink, I generally can go a year
    > before I start seeing my print quality deteriorate. By then it's
    > usually time for a new print due to the heavy use.

    Well, this is why I don't believe you suffer from clogs, but rather
    printhead burn out. The canon printhead is a thermal bubble jet rated
    for only about 8000p black in it's lifetime. If you are printing 100p
    5 times a week we're talking 26,000 pages. Printhead failure is bound
    to happen. It's a reasonable hypothesis that different media could
    affect this number... and one could observe the result if printing to
    and beyond the offical duty cycle. This is all rather accidemic except
    for the fact that a printhead clog you can recover from.... I do this
    on my nieces printer because she goes months without printing anything.
    Use does eventaully result in failure. The next time you kill a
    printhead, you might try dapping a cleaned printhead onto a paper
    towel. If you got lots of dots chances are there is no clog and the
    problem is a burnt out heater. If not then it's likely to be clogged.

    Frank wrote:

    > Al Gore wrote:
    >
    > ...When I posted my first message in this thread, I didn't volunteer
    > where I buy my ink because I assumed that, if I did, the flamers in
    > this newsgroup would start to fire away...
    >
    > Hey Big Al...there is only one real flamer in the ng and he uses the
    > name "Frank".
    > He is arguably the most obnoxious (and ignorant) poster to ever post
    > in any ng.
    > We all now believe that he is a "shill" (a plant) from Canon. He is
    > vile and most of the time unintelligible in his replies, will change
    > your post when you catch him in one of his many lies and
    > misinformation and yet by his own admission has never ever used any
    > after market inks. From his postings you'd think he was married to or
    > joined at the hip to his one and only printer, a Canon ip4000.
    > He is a real sick wacko.
    > Go figure!
    > Its me Frank

    AND IT SURELY IS YOU. SLOWLY BUT SURELY YOU ARE COMING OUT OF THE
    CLOSET AGAIN. WHAT IS YOU MEANINGLESS LIFE BORING? HA HA HA OR IS IT
    HE HE HE

    Jez, guys, I appreciate the pointers but, believe, me I've tried all
    this and more. And, as far as bi-monthly printhead maintenance, I
    generally clean mine after every use. I do the extreme stuff every
    week or so. Sure, the cleaning will help matters in the short term
    but, it never makes any difference of any significance.

    On 29 Aug 2005 14:57:50 -0700, "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >> Also, I never said that my printheads have never clogged since using
    >> NuJet ink. I will tell you that, since buying their ink, my clogging
    >> problems have been dramatically reduced to the point where replacing a
    >> printhead due to clogging is a rare event. I normally print
    >> approximate 100 to 150 pages a day five times a week with print
    >> coverage comparable to you morning newspaper. I use the equivalent of
    >> one black cartridge daily. With NuJet Ink, I generally can go a year
    >> before I start seeing my print quality deteriorate. By then it's
    >> usually time for a new print due to the heavy use.
    >
    >Well, this is why I don't believe you suffer from clogs, but rather
    >printhead burn out. The canon printhead is a thermal bubble jet rated
    >for only about 8000p black in it's lifetime. If you are printing 100p
    >5 times a week we're talking 26,000 pages. Printhead failure is bound
    >to happen. It's a reasonable hypothesis that different media could
    >affect this number... and one could observe the result if printing to
    >and beyond the offical duty cycle. This is all rather accidemic except
    >for the fact that a printhead clog you can recover from.... I do this
    >on my nieces printer because she goes months without printing anything.
    > Use does eventaully result in failure. The next time you kill a
    >printhead, you might try dapping a cleaned printhead onto a paper
    >towel. If you got lots of dots chances are there is no clog and the
    >problem is a burnt out heater. If not then it's likely to be clogged.

    > Jez, guys, I appreciate the pointers but, believe, me I've tried all
    > this and more. And, as far as bi-monthly printhead maintenance, I
    > generally clean mine after every use. I do the extreme stuff every
    > week or so. Sure, the cleaning will help matters in the short term
    > but, it never makes any difference of any significance.

    Well of course not... it sounds like to me that your printhead is
    reaching the end of it's useful life and burning out... which if your
    getting more than 8000p of black you're doing very well. A higher
    drytime might affect your printhead life for the better but I don't
    know that for a fact... but it really sounds like to me your using up
    printheads at a rate below normal.

    Frank wrote:

    > Al Gore wrote:
    >
    >> Frank, you are preaching to the choir. I figured out what this
    >> Measekite character was the first time I read on of his posts. He
    >> went in the kill file about three seconds later and is no longer an
    >> annoyance. If you haven't done the same ... give it a thought.
    >>
    >> On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:59:45 -0700, Frank <fb@notspam.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Al Gore wrote:
    >>>
    >>> ...When I posted my first message in this thread, I didn't volunteer
    >>> where I buy my ink because I assumed that, if I did, the flamers in
    >>> this newsgroup would start to fire away...
    >>>
    >>> Hey Big Al...there is only one real flamer in the ng and he uses the
    >>> name "measekite".
    >>> He is arguably the most obnoxious (and ignorant) poster to ever post
    >>> in any ng.
    >>> We all now believe that he is a "shill" (a plant) from Canon. He is
    >>> vile and most of the time unintelligible in his replies, will change
    >>> your post when you catch him in one of his many lies and
    >>> misinformation and yet by his own admission has never ever used any
    >>> after market inks. From his postings you'd think he was married to
    >>> or joined at the hip to his one and only printer, a Canon ip4000.
    >>> He is a real sick wacko.
    >>> Go figure!
    >>> Frank
    >>

    > Oh one other thing...I sincerely believe that he is now talking to
    > himself...only himself.
    > Good!
    > Frank

    Oh one other thing...I sincerely believe that he is now talking to
    himself...only himself.
    Good!
    Frank

    NO I HAVE YOU DUMBELL

    "Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Al Gore wrote:
    >> If you refill enough, sooner or later the Canon printheads are going
    >> to clog regardless of who's ink you use. Anyone who thinks that they
    >> can start refilling and never have to replace the cartridge and/or the
    >> printhead is deluding themselves. The important think is to find good
    >> quality ink so those problems occur seldom enough to permit a
    >> substantial savings in print costs.
    >>
    >> Also, I never said that my printheads have never clogged since using
    >> NuJet ink. I will tell you that, since buying their ink, my clogging
    >> problems have been dramatically reduced to the point where replacing a
    >> printhead due to clogging is a rare event. I normally print
    >> approximate 100 to 150 pages a day five times a week with print
    >> coverage comparable to you morning newspaper. I use the equivalent of
    >> one black cartridge daily. With NuJet Ink, I generally can go a year
    >> before I start seeing my print quality deteriorate. By then it's
    >> usually time for a new print due to the heavy use.
    >>

    > If I printed as much as you (100 to 150 pages per day), I would perform
    > bi-monthly maintenance on the printhead. I'd remove it and flush all
    > of the ink out of the printhead with de-mineralized water through the
    > intake tubes with an eyedropper. This would eliminate build-up of old
    > dried ink. I've never used specialized cleaning cartridges and I've
    > been refilling for many years.
    >
    > -Taliesyn

    Al - take a look on the Nifty stuff site and try to find the reference to
    something called Koganization (spelling?). This is a buildup of ink under
    the printhead that simply occurs with use and time. Taliesyn's point is a
    good one regarding preventitive maintenance. The Nifty stuff site also has
    lots of info on print head cleaning, mostly with a bath in a very shallow
    container of hot water. Just don't rub the jet areas or get the contacts
    wet. There are many other tips as well.
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

    My Epson clogged with OEM ink after 2 days, the replacement clogged
    after 4 day's, they even clogged with 3rd party inks.

    My IP5000 is over 3 months old and still ain't clogged yet, mind you
    I'm using Canon ink and will continue to do so until it starts to
    clog like the Epsons, or until I feel like risking 3rd party inks.

    All we here is OEM versus 3rd party inks, I have asked twice to date
    and still ain't got no reply from any of you 'ink experts'.

    Which inks is good and which inks are bad - a simple question, they do
    have a name don't they? My knowledge on ink is a little less than zero
    but I do know you can't put diesel in a car that uses petrol or
    gasolene, implying that not all inks can not be the same, molecule
    size, viscosity & compostion these alone will surely affect the
    performance of any print head.

    So until someone starts saying this ink is good and that ink is bad I
    will continue to use Canon inks as I have had 100% reliablilty to
    date.

    Just what's the point in buying expensive printers and using anything
    but the recomended ink and wondering why you get clogs and the
    picture don't come out right. If the manufacturers say use this ink
    for our printers and the print heads 'knack up' then its simply not
    your fault, "duh I can't say that for Epson ...l.o.l."

    With that "son of a gun" I had to check every print I made, with the
    Canon I don't need to - so I'll stick with what I've got.

    Davy
  25. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > My Epson clogged with OEM ink after 2 days, the replacement clogged
    > after 4 day's, they even clogged with 3rd party inks.
    >
    > My IP5000 is over 3 months old and still ain't clogged yet, mind you
    > I'm using Canon ink and will continue to do so until it starts to
    > clog like the Epsons, or until I feel like risking 3rd party inks.
    >
    > All we here is OEM versus 3rd party inks, I have asked twice to date
    > and still ain't got no reply from any of you 'ink experts'.
    >
    > Which inks is good and which inks are bad - a simple question, they do
    > have a name don't they? My knowledge on ink is a little less than zero
    > but I do know you can't put diesel in a car that uses petrol or
    > gasolene, implying that not all inks can not be the same, molecule
    > size, viscosity & compostion these alone will surely affect the
    > performance of any print head.
    >
    > So until someone starts saying this ink is good and that ink is bad I
    > will continue to use Canon inks as I have had 100% reliablilty to
    > date.
    >
    > Just what's the point in buying expensive printers and using anything
    > but the recomended ink and wondering why you get clogs and the
    > picture don't come out right. If the manufacturers say use this ink
    > for our printers and the print heads 'knack up' then its simply not
    > your fault, "duh I can't say that for Epson ...l.o.l."
    >
    > With that "son of a gun" I had to check every print I made, with the
    > Canon I don't need to - so I'll stick with what I've got.
    >
    > Davy

    Davy - you can look back several months on this newsgroup at posts by me,
    Taliesyn, Ron Cohen, Steve Lee, and several others regarding aftermarket
    inks that we've found work well with good color match and no clogging. Go
    onto the Nifty-Stuff Forum and read through the material there and read Neil
    Slade's information on his site. These sites have lots of info on
    aftermarket inks. Formulabs bulk ink, available from Alotofthings and MIS
    bulk inks work well. Steve Lee reports that Hobbicolors bulk inks are good.
    You just need to research back into this NG and the other sites I've
    mentioned as the information is all there. Refilling with bulk inks is
    generally more predictable as many prefilled carts don't indicate whose ink
    they contain. My own experience is with a Canon i960 and refilling with
    bulk MIS inks. No problems with one year of use and beautiful photo prints.

    Measekite, our resident Troll, does battle with everyone who mentions
    aftermarket inks. Don't be discouraged by him as he has absolutely no
    experience with these products or their vendors. You can expect him to
    I've killfiled him, so he is talking to himself when he answers my posts.
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

    http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

  26. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:

    > Burt wrote:
    >

    >> Davy - you can look back several months on this newsgroup at posts by
    >> me, Taliesyn, Ron Cohen, Steve Lee, and several others regarding
    >> aftermarket inks that we've found work well with good color match and
    >> no clogging.

    [cut]
    > FURTHERMORE THEY ARE NOT USING PREFILLED CARTS BUT GOING THROUGHT THE
    > PAIN IN THE ASS OF REFILLING WITH NEEDLES, SCREWS AND GLUE.
    >
    > THE ONLY JUSTIFICATION FOR DOING THIS IS AN EXTREMELY HIGH PRINTLOAD

    No.... the justification is purely cost. With bulk inks I can refill all
    five cartridges in my i860 for the princely sum of about $5 Canadian
    ($4.24 US). That's a dollar ($CDN) per cartridge, since you have great
    difficulty understanding economics.

    I wouldn't buy OEM cartridges even if I used just one set a year (like
    you do). There is NO JUSTIFICATION for paying almost as much for a set
    of Canon cartridges as for a whole new printer WITH a set of cartridges!

    As for refilling being a "pain in the ass", try saying that with the
    approximately $1000 I save per year in your pocket. Kind of dulls the
    pain, doesn't it. You being an admitted miser, you should understand the
    value of money. ;-)

    Clogs? . . . ha ha ha, or is it, he he he . . . I've never had a clog in
    any of the three Canon printers I have owned or still own. Your doomsday
    posts regarding refilling and compatible inks are quite comedic.

    -Taliesyn
  27. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > that is an impossible question to answer because they do not know what
    > they are using. many can be using the same ink with different labels
    > from different vendors. there are no brands. goo google for prefilled
    > carts and try to find brands (mfg/formulators) that sell under their
    > name through different channels. you will not find them

    Don't bother to google... just e-mail any of the mfg/formulators and
    ask them for a vender list.

    But if I were to google "Formulabs cartridges" I will find many places
    that offer Sensient's brand of ink "Formulabs ink". Same with "image
    specalists". "Lyson cartridges photonic" yield a result as well even
    in the retail box. Media Street I can find a local retail shop
    directly off their website. I have no problem finding these brands.

    I have no idea what your issue is. I can find these brands with ease
    if I look for them.... and my experence base is less than yours. I can
    only assume that you ignore the facts in order to spread FUD.

    > you made a good choice - a canon with oem ink

    That's just it, there is a choice. This user took 5 seconds to weigh
    their options, decided that what they buy works, and doesn't want to
    take the time to try something else. That's just groovy.

    But since the user asked about other options
    http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html

    MIS ink has been reported as being good, and I use it my self. I have
    yet to do fade testing so I can't honestly report that. I can report I
    have used 2oz of color and 1oz of black thus far. I've reached the
    point that if I clogged and had to buy a new printer... it would still
    cost less than buying canon's OEM ink. While our resident spammer
    might kick and scream "MIS is a vender label not a brand".. he could be
    right. I have no clue who makes MIS ink... I could analize it on my
    scanner vs Image Specalists ink and establish if there is a propable
    match, but i'm lazy. But regardless it's a very good color match to
    Canon's solution. I don't care who makes it as I have 6 oz of the
    product and all of the inks have been consistent in color thus far.
    It meets the very basic requirements

    1 - How much - about $2.50 an oz or less if you buy in larger quanities
    2.- is it any good - very good
    3 - where can I buy it - www.inksupply.com

    I've not tried inkgrabber's solution.

    Regarding bad inks... the only ink I would class as "bad" would be IMS
    ink from costco. Fades more quickly than even canon OEM ink from what
    i've observed, and it's a generic ink.. not formulated for any specific
    printhead. It "works" but is a wee bit thin. I have never seen the
    stuff clog a printer, but I have seen it clear a OEM canon clog. I'm
    told the Prite-Rite inks fade quickly as well, but I don't know this
    for a fact.

    I would avoid bulk refill kits that you find in places like drug
    stores. You'll likely experence issues with the color not being
    matched, the viscosity being different, and in some odd ball cases use
    of solvents other than water. I noted recently I saw some water proof
    refillable inks... but I would be afraid of using those in a thermal
    printhead.
  28. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    THE NIFTY REFILLERS HAVE ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS.

    Burt wrote:

    >"Taliesyn" <taliesyn4@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >

    >>Al Gore wrote:
    >>

    >>>If you refill enough, sooner or later the Canon printheads are going
    >>>to clog regardless of who's ink you use. Anyone who thinks that they
    >>>can start refilling and never have to replace the cartridge and/or the
    >>>printhead is deluding themselves. The important think is to find good
    >>>quality ink so those problems occur seldom enough to permit a
    >>>substantial savings in print costs.
    >>>
    >>>Also, I never said that my printheads have never clogged since using
    >>>NuJet ink. I will tell you that, since buying their ink, my clogging
    >>>problems have been dramatically reduced to the point where replacing a
    >>>printhead due to clogging is a rare event. I normally print
    >>>approximate 100 to 150 pages a day five times a week with print
    >>>coverage comparable to you morning newspaper. I use the equivalent of
    >>>one black cartridge daily. With NuJet Ink, I generally can go a year
    >>>before I start seeing my print quality deteriorate. By then it's
    >>>usually time for a new print due to the heavy use.
    >>>

    >>If I printed as much as you (100 to 150 pages per day), I would perform
    >>bi-monthly maintenance on the printhead. I'd remove it and flush all
    >>of the ink out of the printhead with de-mineralized water through the
    >>intake tubes with an eyedropper. This would eliminate build-up of old
    >>dried ink. I've never used specialized cleaning cartridges and I've
    >>been refilling for many years.
    >>
    >>-Taliesyn
    >>

    >Al - take a look on the Nifty stuff site and try to find the reference to
    >something called Koganization (spelling?). This is a buildup of ink under
    >the printhead that simply occurs with use and time. Taliesyn's point is a
    >good one regarding preventitive maintenance. The Nifty stuff site also has
    >lots of info on print head cleaning, mostly with a bath in a very shallow
    >container of hot water. Just don't rub the jet areas or get the contacts
    >wet. There are many other tips as well.
    >http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

  29. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Thanks Burt, I knew about Niel Slades web sitet, must admit I've seen
    Nifty-Stuff mentioned many times in these pages but never thought of
    'having a peep', will do that right now.

    Guess you can see my reasoning I just don't wanna end up with another
    'clogger' like the other two I've had, I would have accepted the fact
    with the Epsons if I had been using sub-standard ink or something of
    that nature that produced clogs, but rest assured they were Epson
    inks I used until the 2nd one started playing up when I used anything
    but Epson.

    Yes I know someone who do re-fill their oldish Canon printer and
    they still work great and to my knowledge they don't get clogged up
    with the JR brand.

    Oh dear..., sorry folks looks like I rattled the hornets nest here,
    but am really stuck between the Devil and the deep blue sea on what
    to do here.

    Davy
  30. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Taliesyn wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> Burt wrote:
    >>

    >>> Davy - you can look back several months on this newsgroup at posts
    >>> by me, Taliesyn, Ron Cohen, Steve Lee, and several others regarding
    >>> aftermarket inks that we've found work well with good color match
    >>> and no clogging.
    >>>

    > [cut]
    >
    >> FURTHERMORE THEY ARE NOT USING PREFILLED CARTS BUT GOING THROUGHT THE
    >> PAIN IN THE ASS OF REFILLING WITH NEEDLES, SCREWS AND GLUE.
    >>
    >> THE ONLY JUSTIFICATION FOR DOING THIS IS AN EXTREMELY HIGH PRINTLOAD
    >>

    > No.... the justification is purely cost. With bulk inks I can refill all
    > five cartridges in my i860 for the princely sum of about $5 Canadian
    > ($4.24 US). That's a dollar ($CDN) per cartridge, since you have great
    > difficulty understanding economics.
    >
    > I wouldn't buy OEM cartridges even if I used just one set a year (like
    > you do). There is NO JUSTIFICATION for paying almost as much for a set
    > of Canon cartridges as for a whole new printer WITH a set of cartridges!

    ARE YOU GOING TO LISTEN TO A KID IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO HAS TO SAVE HIS
    NICKELS TO BUY INK?

    > As for refilling being a "pain in the ass", try saying that with the
    > approximately $1000 I save per year in your pocket.

    HEAVEY USER LIKE I SAID

    > Kind of dulls the
    > pain, doesn't it. You being an admitted miser, you should understand the
    > value of money. ;-)
    >
    > Clogs? . . . ha ha ha, or is it, he he he . . .

    IT IS HA HA HA

    > I've never had a clog in
    > any of the three Canon printers I have owned or still own. Your doomsday
    > posts regarding refilling and compatible inks are quite comedic.
    >
    > -Taliesyn

    WHEN YOU PRINT AROUND THE CLOCK THE INK NEVER HAS A CHANCE TO DRY
  31. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:

    > Taliesyn wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:

    >> [cut]
    >>
    >>> FURTHERMORE THEY ARE NOT USING PREFILLED CARTS BUT GOING THROUGHT THE
    >>> PAIN IN THE ASS OF REFILLING WITH NEEDLES, SCREWS AND GLUE.
    >>>
    >>> THE ONLY JUSTIFICATION FOR DOING THIS IS AN EXTREMELY HIGH PRINTLOAD
    >>>

    >> No.... the justification is purely cost. With bulk inks I can refill all
    >> five cartridges in my i860 for the princely sum of about $5 Canadian
    >> ($4.24 US). That's a dollar ($CDN) per cartridge, since you have great
    >> difficulty understanding economics.
    >>
    >> I wouldn't buy OEM cartridges even if I used just one set a year (like
    >> you do). There is NO JUSTIFICATION for paying almost as much for a set
    >> of Canon cartridges as for a whole new printer WITH a set of cartridges!
    >

    > ARE YOU GOING TO LISTEN TO A KID IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO HAS TO SAVE HIS
    > NICKELS TO BUY INK?
    >

    >> As for refilling being a "pain in the ass", try saying that with the
    >> approximately $1000 I save per year in your pocket.
    >

    > HEAVEY USER LIKE I SAID
    >
    >> Kind of dulls the
    >> pain, doesn't it. You being an admitted miser, you should understand the
    >> value of money. ;-)
    >>
    >> Clogs? . . . ha ha ha, or is it, he he he . . .
    >

    > IT IS HA HA HA
    >
    >> I've never had a clog in
    >> any of the three Canon printers I have owned or still own. Your doomsday
    >> posts regarding refilling and compatible inks are quite comedic.
    >>
    >> -Taliesyn
    >

    > WHEN YOU PRINT AROUND THE CLOCK THE INK NEVER HAS A CHANCE TO DRY

    Good one! That's what I like! Comedy.

    You'll have to pardon my quick exit, I have to refill 2,378 cartridges
    and I need to order a few barrels of ink . . . Ha HA HA.

    Have a good evening, Measekite!

    -Taliesyn
  32. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Taliesyn wrote:
    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> Taliesyn wrote:

    >>> [cut]

    >>> No.... the justification is purely cost. With bulk inks I can refill all
    >>> five cartridges in my i860 for the princely sum of about $5 Canadian
    >>> ($4.24 US). That's a dollar ($CDN) per cartridge, since you have great
    >>> difficulty understanding economics.
    >>>
    >>> I wouldn't buy OEM cartridges even if I used just one set a year (like
    >>> you do). There is NO JUSTIFICATION for paying almost as much for a set
    >>> of Canon cartridges as for a whole new printer WITH a set of cartridges!
    >>

    >> ARE YOU GOING TO LISTEN TO A KID IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO HAS TO SAVE HIS
    >> NICKELS TO BUY INK?
    >>

    >>> As for refilling being a "pain in the ass", try saying that with the
    >>> approximately $1000 I save per year in your pocket.
    >>

    >> HEAVEY USER LIKE I SAID
    >>
    >>> Kind of dulls the
    >>> pain, doesn't it. You being an admitted miser, you should understand the
    >>> value of money. ;-)
    >>>
    >>> Clogs? . . . ha ha ha, or is it, he he he . . .
    >>

    >> IT IS HA HA HA
    >>
    >>> I've never had a clog in
    >>> any of the three Canon printers I have owned or still own. Your doomsday
    >>> posts regarding refilling and compatible inks are quite comedic.
    >>>
    >>> -Taliesyn
    >>

    >> WHEN YOU PRINT AROUND THE CLOCK THE INK NEVER HAS A CHANCE TO DRY
    >

    > Good one! That's what I like! Comedy.
    >
    > You'll have to pardon my quick exit, I have to refill 2,378 cartridges
    > and I need to order a few barrels of ink . . . Ha HA HA.
    >
    > Have a good evening, Measekite!
    >
    > -Taliesyn

    hehehe...I see our local moron aka troll has gone ballistic!
    Great, keep up the good work!
    Frank
  33. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > Guess you can see my reasoning I just don't wanna end up with another
    > 'clogger' like the other two I've had, I would have accepted the fact
    > with the Epsons if I had been using sub-standard ink or something of
    > that nature that produced clogs, but rest assured they were Epson
    > inks I used until the 2nd one started playing up when I used anything
    > but Epson.

    The Epsons use a micro piezo head, which is more tolerent to different
    types of ink than thermal. They all clog equally well. Canon uses
    thermal which is less tolerant.

    Well, keep in mind that the value of the head is about USD$60 to $80.
    Perhaps as much as 2/3 or 1/2 the value of the printer. £35 to £45
    unless the cost of the head is more in the UK... £70.00 sounds
    reasonable including vat and such for QY6-0057. Not such a great
    deal considering the printer is £120.00 from amazon, but it is 50 quid
    less than a new printer, and 50 quid is 50quid

    4x(£7.59) + £9.99 =£40.35 for OEM ink from amazon.co.uk

    Here is a random example I pulled from the net, note I don't know the
    quality
    http://www.choicestationery.com/acatalog/Canon_Pixma_iP5000_.html
    BCI-3eBk £2.50 (including vat and delivery)
    BCI-6 BK 4x(£2.00) £8.00
    -----
    £10.50
    Savings per set of 5 £29.85
    Break even point if you need a replacement head... 2.4 refills or 12
    tanks.

    The question... are you likely to get more than 2 sets (10 tanks) of
    printing out of 3rd party ink. If you choose something others report
    as being good than great.

    But in the end the choice is yours. You risk a £70.00 part. Weigh in
    the likely hood of a printhead clog as well as the likelyhood of a
    printhead clog that can not be cleaned. Shell out 40 quid... or
    10quid... or perhaps 20 quid for a different option.

    http://www.cartridgeworld.org/ was reccomended by another user at some
    point. It's been said they use Formulabs or OCP ink for their refills
    but I don't know this for a fact. It's worth looking into though. You
    can always ask which brand of ink they use in their prefills, or what
    they refill your tanks with.

    > Oh dear..., sorry folks looks like I rattled the hornets nest here,
    > but am really stuck between the Devil and the deep blue sea on what
    > to do here.

    Don't worry about it, you have a legit question that always gets one
    user's panties in a bunch. It starts fights.
  34. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > i did many times. some did not answer. the rest the do not
    > disclose that information

    Really... that's amazing. I only know of a few MFG of ink and they are
    happy to give you a link to a vender who will sell small quanities. I
    have no issues googling "Image Specilists", Lyson, or "formula labs".
  35. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank wrote:

    > Taliesyn wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:

    >>> ARE YOU GOING TO LISTEN TO A KID IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO HAS TO SAVE HIS
    >>> NICKELS TO BUY INK?

    >>> HEAVEY USER LIKE I SAID

    >>> IT IS HA HA HA

    >>> WHEN YOU PRINT AROUND THE CLOCK THE INK NEVER HAS A CHANCE TO DRY
    >>

    >> Good one! That's what I like! Comedy.
    >>
    >> You'll have to pardon my quick exit, I have to refill 2,378
    >> cartridges and I need to order a few barrels of ink . . . Ha HA HA.
    >>
    >> Have a good evening, Measekite!
    >>
    >> -Taliesyn
    >

    > hehehe...I see our local moron aka troll has gone ballistic!
    > Great, keep up the good work!
    > Frank

    hehehe...I see our local moron aka troll aka Frank has gone ballistic!
    Great, keep up the good work!
  36. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    zakezuke wrote:

    >>that is an impossible question to answer because they do not know what
    >>they are using. many can be using the same ink with different labels
    >>from different vendors. there are no brands. goo google for prefilled
    >>carts and try to find brands (mfg/formulators) that sell under their
    >>name through different channels. you will not find them
    >>

    >Don't bother to google... just e-mail any of the mfg/formulators and
    >ask them for a vender list.

    I DID MANY TIMES. SOME DID NOT ANSWER. THE REST SAID THE DO NOT
    DISCLOSE THAT INFORMATION.

    >But if I were to google "Formulabs cartridges" I will find many places
    >that offer Sensient's brand of ink "Formulabs ink". Same with "image
    >specalists". "Lyson cartridges photonic" yield a result as well even
    >in the retail box. Media Street I can find a local retail shop
    >directly off their website. I have no problem finding these brands.
    >
    >I have no idea what your issue is. I can find these brands with ease
    >if I look for them.... and my experence base is less than yours. I can
    >only assume that you ignore the facts in order to spread FUD.
    >

    >>you made a good choice - a canon with oem ink
    >>

    >That's just it, there is a choice. This user took 5 seconds to weigh
    >their options, decided that what they buy works, and doesn't want to
    >take the time to try something else. That's just groovy.
    >
    >But since the user asked about other options
    >http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html
    >
    >MIS ink has been reported as being good, and I use it my self. I have
    >yet to do fade testing so I can't honestly report that. I can report I
    >have used 2oz of color and 1oz of black thus far. I've reached the
    >point that if I clogged and had to buy a new printer... it would still
    >cost less than buying canon's OEM ink. While our resident spammer
    >might kick and scream "MIS is a vender label not a brand".. he could be
    >right. I have no clue who makes MIS ink... I could analize it on my
    >scanner vs Image Specalists ink and establish if there is a propable
    >match, but i'm lazy. But regardless it's a very good color match to
    >Canon's solution. I don't care who makes it as I have 6 oz of the
    >product and all of the inks have been consistent in color thus far.
    >It meets the very basic requirements
    >
    >1 - How much - about $2.50 an oz or less if you buy in larger quanities
    >2.- is it any good - very good
    >3 - where can I buy it - www.inksupply.com
    >
    >I've not tried inkgrabber's solution.
    >
    >Regarding bad inks... the only ink I would class as "bad" would be IMS
    >ink from costco. Fades more quickly than even canon OEM ink from what
    >i've observed, and it's a generic ink.. not formulated for any specific
    >printhead. It "works" but is a wee bit thin. I have never seen the
    >stuff clog a printer, but I have seen it clear a OEM canon clog. I'm
    >told the Prite-Rite inks fade quickly as well, but I don't know this
    >for a fact.
    >
    >I would avoid bulk refill kits that you find in places like drug
    >stores. You'll likely experence issues with the color not being
    >matched, the viscosity being different, and in some odd ball cases use
    >of solvents other than water. I noted recently I saw some water proof
    >refillable inks... but I would be afraid of using those in a thermal
    >printhead.

  37. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > you are a long winded fool who only thinks he knows what he
    > is talking about. I would never let you test anything for me

    Do it your self.... but don't lie.
  38. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    zakezuke wrote:

    >>you are a long winded fool who only thinks he knows what he
    >>is talking about. I would never let you test anything for me
    >

    > Do it your self.... but don't lie.

    I see you finally got the real character of the moron loser idiot you've
    been trying to intelligently communicate with.
    kill file the jerk.
    Frank
  39. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    zakezuke wrote:

    >>i did many times. some did not answer. the rest the do not
    >>disclose that information
    >>

    >Really... that's amazing. I only know of a few MFG of ink and they are
    >happy to give you a link to a vender who will sell small quanities. I
    >have no issues googling "Image Specilists", Lyson, or "formula labs".

  40. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > If Seinfeld had gone onstage for his
    > first standup gig and exhibited the wit, wisdom, and language skills of our
    > very own Measekite, he would have gotten the hook before uttering his
    > second sentence and we would never have heard from him again. Likewise, his
    > sidekick, George.

    I think he's accurate... my recent dialog with mr. mesekite has been
    about as useful as a George Jerry convo.

    Him: There are no brands!
    Me: What about these guys over here?
    Him: That's a vender
    Me: What about these guys over here?
    Him: That a MFG/formulator
    Me: It's still sold under a label.
    Him: It's not a brand.
    Me: Well what about these guys over here, these guys who have retail
    box products
    Him: Those are not brands.
    Me: How can those not be brands. It's got a label, it's got a logo,
    it's sold in retail stores, how the hell can it not be a brand.
    Him: It's a a wholesale brand.
    Me: Oh, so you mean those things I spoke of in the first place are are
    indeed brands then?
    Him: You have to MFG, formulate, and distribute
    Me: So canon is not a brand?
    Him: Canon is the only brand
    Me: But they don't make the ink
    Him: They forumlate
    Me: So do these other guys
    Him: They are not brands, there are no brands, you are just stupid.
    Me: Well we still have these guys with the retail box, these other
    guys that you just said were wholesale brands. And these guys make
    their own inks and papers and have the retail box to boot. That's a
    retail brand. If canon is a brand then these guys are brands.
    Him: I never call them brands
    Me: You just called them whole sale brands
    Him: You are full of horsey pucky, bat guano, and aardvark snot. You
    are long winded complete and total knee biter.

    This does qualify as a Seinfeldism as being a totally worthless convo.
    Perhaps next time i'll try asking the wall for advice, "Hello wall, how
    do you feel?"
  41. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > when you first joined this ng you were a little weanie
    > and now
    > * a
    > great
    > big
    > smuck
    > with ears*

    My smuckness or the existance of ears is beside the point, this with
    all due respect is comming from someone who says anyone who's not using
    Visual Basic is not a real programer, or something to that effect, but
    even that is beside the point.

    The points.

    1. There are brands of 3rd party ink. You can buy them in the retail
    enviroment and are in retail boxes. That is a fact. Lyson Fotonic
    Media Street, and Prite-Rite are examples.
    http://www.specialistinks.com/ep4000f.php
    http://www.inkjetcartridgeshop.co.uk/printrite.jpg
    http://www.mediastreet.com/index.html#dealer

    2. There are wholesale brands of 3rd party ink. That is a fact that
    you pointed out. Image Specalists OPC, InkTec, Stratitec, Sensient's
    Formulabs just to name a few.

    3. MIS Associates's MIS ink is likely a store brand, and very likely
    to be "Image Specalists". I have no proof of this, neither do you.

    4. Any statement you make that says "there are no brands of 3rd ink"
    is a lie.

    Now if you were to make a legit observation where OEM out peforms a
    specific 3rd party solution... that would be useful. Pointing out who
    sell wholesale and who sells retail might and I reapeat might be useful
    information to someone, but make sure when you make this observation
    that you are right, and if you are wrong don't resort to childish name
    calling and do not continue to lie.
  42. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    zakezuke wrote:

    >>when you first joined this ng you were a little weanie
    >>and now
    >>* a
    >>great
    >>big
    >>smuck
    >>with ears*
    >

    > My smuckness or the existance of ears is beside the point, this with
    > all due respect is comming from someone who says anyone who's not using
    > Visual Basic is not a real programer, or something to that effect, but
    > even that is beside the point.
    >
    > The points.
    >
    > 1. There are brands of 3rd party ink. You can buy them in the retail
    > enviroment and are in retail boxes. That is a fact. Lyson Fotonic
    > Media Street, and Prite-Rite are examples.
    > http://www.specialistinks.com/ep4000f.php
    > http://www.inkjetcartridgeshop.co.uk/printrite.jpg
    > http://www.mediastreet.com/index.html#dealer
    >
    > 2. There are wholesale brands of 3rd party ink. That is a fact that
    > you pointed out. Image Specalists OPC, InkTec, Stratitec, Sensient's
    > Formulabs just to name a few.
    >
    > 3. MIS Associates's MIS ink is likely a store brand, and very likely
    > to be "Image Specalists". I have no proof of this, neither do you.
    >
    > 4. Any statement you make that says "there are no brands of 3rd ink"
    > is a lie.
    >
    > Now if you were to make a legit observation where OEM out peforms a
    > specific 3rd party solution... that would be useful. Pointing out who
    > sell wholesale and who sells retail might and I reapeat might be useful
    > information to someone, but make sure when you make this observation
    > that you are right, and if you are wrong don't resort to childish name
    > calling and do not continue to lie.

    "A great big smuck with ears"...zakezuke you're dealing with a mentally
    crippled old (he knows who flash gordon was) fart. He's completely lost
    all sense reality. He postings are mostly unintelligible yet you
    continue to treat him as if he were a normal, mentally capable person.
    He has demonstrated over and over again that he isn't. He needs mental
    help. Stop egging him on. Your's and our reality are different from his.
    He makes no sense to us most of the time. He is mentally sick and
    belongs in a mental institution. He cannot exist in a normal moderated
    ng. He's been blocked from every moderated ng he has ever posted in.
    This is his last outpost because it is not moderated.
    Leave him alone and let him die on the vine for our his own good and the
    sanity of this ng.
    Please!
    Frank
  43. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > "A great big smuck with ears"...zakezuke you're dealing with a mentally
    > crippled old (he knows who flash gordon was) fart.

    I know who flash gorden was. There was a cartoon in the 1990 with all
    the vintage heros... and even seen the version where Queen does the
    sound track. Does that make me old as well? I'm just curious.
  44. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    zakezuke wrote:
    >>you are a long winded fool who only thinks he knows what he
    >>is talking about. I would never let you test anything for me
    >

    > Do it your self.... but don't lie.

    Measekite practices Seinfeldian wee wisdoms, à la George Costanza:

    "Remember, it's not a lie if you believe it." ;-)

    -Taliesyn
  45. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    zakezuke wrote:
    >>"A great big smuck with ears"...zakezuke you're dealing with a mentally
    >>crippled old (he knows who flash gordon was) fart.
    >

    > I know who flash gorden was. There was a cartoon in the 1990 with all
    > the vintage heros... and even seen the version where Queen does the
    > sound track. Does that make me old as well? I'm just curious.

    You tell me. I used to watch fl at the movie theater in the mid '50's.
    Take $.25 see two movies get popcorn and drink.
    Frank
  46. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    <I>You tell me. I used to watch fl at the movie theater in the mid
    '50's.
    Take $.25 see two movies get popcorn and drink.</I>

    Well even though i'm younger, I remember lots off odd bits of culture
    from the mid 20th century. One thing i'm struggling to think of from
    that time was a commercial starting a girl licking an icecream cone
    while talking about the dangers of above ground nuclear testing I've
    also seen flesh gorden but that was released in 1974. I don't know the
    mythos behind Flash Gorden... I must admit I was shocked when I
    discovered Buck Rogers was from the golden or silver era of comic
    books. For all I know Flash was one of those classic noon serials at
    the local cinama.

    Point being, most of these pop icons and themes have been recyclced and
    turned into theme parks so much that knowing one isn't a good indicator
    of age.
  47. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    zakezuke wrote:

    >>If Seinfeld had gone onstage for his
    >>first standup gig and exhibited the wit, wisdom, and language skills of our
    >>very own Measekite, he would have gotten the hook before uttering his
    >>second sentence and we would never have heard from him again. Likewise, his
    >>sidekick, George.
    >

    > I think he's accurate... my recent dialog with mr. mesekite has been
    > about as useful as a George Jerry convo.
    >
    > Him: There are no brands!
    > Me: What about these guys over here?
    > Him: That's a vender
    > Me: What about these guys over here?
    > Him: That a MFG/formulator
    > Me: It's still sold under a label.
    > Him: It's not a brand.
    > Me: Well what about these guys over here, these guys who have retail
    > box products
    > Him: Those are not brands.
    > Me: How can those not be brands. It's got a label, it's got a logo,
    > it's sold in retail stores, how the hell can it not be a brand.
    > Him: It's a a wholesale brand.
    > Me: Oh, so you mean those things I spoke of in the first place are are
    > indeed brands then?
    > Him: You have to MFG, formulate, and distribute
    > Me: So canon is not a brand?
    > Him: Canon is the only brand
    > Me: But they don't make the ink
    > Him: They forumlate
    > Me: So do these other guys
    > Him: They are not brands, there are no brands, you are just stupid.
    > Me: Well we still have these guys with the retail box, these other
    > guys that you just said were wholesale brands. And these guys make
    > their own inks and papers and have the retail box to boot. That's a
    > retail brand. If canon is a brand then these guys are brands.
    > Him: I never call them brands
    > Me: You just called them whole sale brands
    > Him: You are full of horsey pucky, bat guano, and aardvark snot. You
    > are long winded complete and total knee biter.
    >

    > This does qualify as a Seinfeldism as being a totally worthless convo.
    > Perhaps next time i'll try asking the wall for advice, "Hello wall, how
    > do you feel?"

    Zaz, you nailed it better than Seinfeld's own script writers. Your reply
    was a classic. The interesting thing is, that's how conversations go
    with Measekite - like talking to a wall.

    And like the Seinfeld show, Measekite's entire existence in this
    newsgroup for the past eight months has been about nothing. Yeah, that's
    right (David Putty). He post dozens of messages a day about
    aftermarket inks but has never ever even gotten remotely close to any.
    And yada yada yada, Measekite has zero credibility. I recall a while ago
    there was this woman who inquired about aftermarket inks from
    experienced users. When Measekite volunteered his "no experience"
    advice, she basically told him to get lost. That was most rewarding.

    -Taliesyn
  48. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > I'll bet you even listened to the radio! Tom Mix, the Shadow, FBI in peace
    > and war, Jack Benny, George Burns and Gracie Allen, The Green Hornet, etc.

    The Shadow i've heard a couple of programs of... as well as the Green
    Hornet... as well as the radio version the the Lone Ranger. All of
    these at one point or another have at least been released on
    cassette... at least in part. Tom Mix i've never even heard of to be
    honest. Jack Benny, George Burns & Gracie Allen to be honest i've only
    caught their material on video. The only thing I could have possibly
    have heard new that was a true blue radio show was stuff by ZBS
    media... Jack Flanders... and those I caught long after they were no
    longer played on the air.
    http://www.zbs.org/catalog/index.php?cPath=1&osCsid=826a3d166b85e8962efc01a52e5bad8d
    And ofcorse hitchikers guide to the galaxy which I caught as a library
    rental.
  49. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank wrote:

    > zakezuke wrote:
    >
    >>> you are a long winded fool who only thinks he knows what he
    >>> is talking about. I would never let you test anything for me
    >>

    >> Do it your self.... but don't lie.
    >>
    > I see you finally got the real character of the moron loser idiot
    > you've been trying to intelligently communicate with.
    > kill file Frank the jerk.

Printers Peripherals