Master File Table Errors

Ok I am out of ideas.

Win 2000 Server acting as file server & b/u Domain Controller for SBS 2003.
O/S on Mirrored 18.2 SCSI drives
Data on 4 RAID 5 SCSI

Data drives perform very well. O/S drives lag and sometimes freeze. Avg.
Queue Length is over 450.

Ran ScanDisk=OK, HP Insights Management says HD's OK and Controller OK

CHKDSK runs and finds errors. So I run CHDSK /F and reboot. CHKDSK runs on
boot up and says no errors. Windows loads up and I run CHKDSK again, and it
finds errors. i.e..
"Errors in Master File Table (MFT) BITMAP attribute"
"Correcting Errors in the Volume Bitmap"
"Windows found problems with the file system"

I don't know what else to check to fix this problem. I just started at this
company and don't want to rebuild the main file server.

PLease someone help!!
1 answer Last reply
More about master file table errors

    did you run chkdsk again after this error appeared?
    if the error doesn't appear again immediately, i wouldn't worry about it
    mft bitmap just maps out sectors that are used and chkdsk probably found an
    entry that really wasn't in use and corrected it
    it can happen from time to time

    "Slim" <Slim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok I am out of ideas.
    >
    > Win 2000 Server acting as file server & b/u Domain Controller for SBS
    > 2003.
    > O/S on Mirrored 18.2 SCSI drives
    > Data on 4 RAID 5 SCSI
    >
    > Data drives perform very well. O/S drives lag and sometimes freeze. Avg.
    > Queue Length is over 450.
    >
    > Ran ScanDisk=OK, HP Insights Management says HD's OK and Controller OK
    >
    > CHKDSK runs and finds errors. So I run CHDSK /F and reboot. CHKDSK runs on
    > boot up and says no errors. Windows loads up and I run CHKDSK again, and
    > it
    > finds errors. i.e..
    > "Errors in Master File Table (MFT) BITMAP attribute"
    > "Correcting Errors in the Volume Bitmap"
    > "Windows found problems with the file system"
    >
    > I don't know what else to check to fix this problem. I just started at
    > this
    > company and don't want to rebuild the main file server.
    >
    > PLease someone help!!

Windows