Printing to canvas from Illustrator... need a Postscript P..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b α HP
August 19, 2005 8:33:54 AM

Hi,

I am looking to purchase the HP DesignJet 500 (24inch wide) printer in
order to print onto canvas loads of art I have produced in Adobe
Illustrator.

I noticed that the printer comes in two versions, one with Postscript
and one without (which is cheaper).

Could you please tell me whether or not the Postscript version of the
printer would produce better results, keeping in mind I intend in to
use the printer solely for printing colours images from Illustrator (ai
files)

Sorry is this is a newbie question.

Neil
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 19, 2005 7:35:16 PM

In article <1124451234.666953.146850@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
googlesher@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> I am looking to purchase the HP DesignJet 500 (24inch wide) printer in
> order to print onto canvas loads of art I have produced in Adobe
> Illustrator.
>
> I noticed that the printer comes in two versions, one with Postscript
> and one without (which is cheaper).
>
> Could you please tell me whether or not the Postscript version of the
> printer would produce better results, keeping in mind I intend in to
> use the printer solely for printing colours images from Illustrator (ai
> files)

You need Postscript.
!