No Delete, but everything else permissions

Hi
I have a folder which I would like users to be able to perform all
operations in including create, write, and rename, but not move or delete. I
have tried just denying the delete permission but this produces strange
results, unable to rename or even save office files directly.
Does anyone know how to perform this if it is possible?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:19:53 +0100, "Steve Anderton" <steve.anderton@orange.net> wrote:

>Hi
>I have a folder which I would like users to be able to perform all
>operations in including create, write, and rename, but not move or delete. I
>have tried just denying the delete permission but this produces strange
>results, unable to rename or even save office files directly.
>Does anyone know how to perform this if it is possible?
>
>Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Office files use a temporary file that must be deleted.
Rename uses a make new and delete old technique.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com