FYI: Motorola V551 for $210 - NO contract

Tags:
  • Cingular
  • Motorola
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
November 12, 2004 2:10:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[THIS ISN'T SPAM, JUST FYI -- I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO MOTOROLA OR CINGULAR]

Online price directly from Motorola (WITHOUT contract): $210

http://commerce.motorola.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/Product...
or http://makeashorterlink.com/?D272623C9

Motorola V551 phone for Cingular Wireless
[NOTE: Customized for Cingular -- NOT a generic phone -- according to
Motorola]

Detailed Features Specifications

* 4.3 ounces - weight of phone with standard battery
* 3.5" x 1.9" x .9" (excluding antennae) - size of phone with standard
battery
* For use on GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz Networks
* WAP 2.0 (WSP/HTTP 1.1, WTCP/IP, xHTML Mobile Profile, WCSS, Cookies,
WTLS class 2, TLS 1.0/SSL 3.0)
* MMS, EMS 5.0, IM Wireless Village, Email: POP3, SMTP, IMAP4
* J2ME MIDP 2.0 / CLDC1.0 plus API's
* CE Bus connector
* Video Record and Playback (MPEG4/h.263)
* EDGE Class4 (1U/3D)(24)
* GPRS Class 10 (2U/4D)

Highlighted Features

* Video capture/playback
* High speed data exchange (EDGE)(24)
* Large, active color display (176x220, 65K TFT)
* GSM Quad-band global roaming(23)
* Voice Dialing
* enhanced User Interface
* Preloaded and Downloadable Wallpapers and Screensavers, MP3 Ringtones
and Games
* up to 5 megabytes of end user memory
* Software Skins
* Built-in Hands-Free Speaker
* Phonebook ID and Picture Caller ID(01)
* Bluetooth® Wireless Technology Enabled
* Dedicated carrier and camera key
* Wireless Village IM Client
* SyncML Device Management and PIM Synch
* Integrated digital camera (VGA 640x480)
* 22 KHz polyphonic speaker

Talk Time Features

* Provides up to 220 to 425 minutes of talk time (21)
* Provides up to 179 to 235 hours of standby time (21)

Display

* Internal Display: 176 x 220 65k TFT
* External Display: 2 line external w/blue backlight

01 Network and subscription dependent feature. Not available in
all areas.
21 All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode, and are
approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal
strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other
application usage patterns.
23 Operates in many major cities and countries where GSM network
coverage and roaming agreements are present.
24 Data transmission speed is approximate and depends on the
technology, configuration and capacity of your carrier?s network, as well as
the amount of traffic on the network. Actual speeds will vary, and are often
less than the maximum possible.

More about : fyi motorola v551 210 contract

Anonymous
November 12, 2004 2:10:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I wish I could get the v3 for a decent price with no contract.
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 7:23:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In <IKGdnbDgqKgQpAncRVn-oQ@giganews.com> on Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:18:21 -0600,
cambie <none@provided.com> wrote:

>I wish I could get the v3 for a decent price with no contract.

I wish I could get a BMW for a decent price with no contract.

November 12, 2004 5:52:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <IKGdnbDgqKgQpAncRVn-oQ@giganews.com>,
cambie <none@provided.com> wrote:

> I wish I could get the v3 for a decent price with no contract.

Just wait 2 years.
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 7:50:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In <jzwick3-C4B899.08521612112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Fri, 12 Nov
2004 14:52:15 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>In article <IKGdnbDgqKgQpAncRVn-oQ@giganews.com>,
> cambie <none@provided.com> wrote:
>
>> I wish I could get the v3 for a decent price with no contract.
>
>Just wait 2 years.

Long before then it will be obsolete. The lack of EDGE hastens that day.
(Whatever were they thinking?! The V511 has EDGE, albeit not the best
possible implementation -- why not the RAZR V3?!)

November 13, 2004 5:44:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

John, is this phone unlocked? Thanks for the info. Nice to be able to
upgrade to a decent phone without any contract bs.
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 11:30:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In <Xttld.11831$IQ.9011@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:44:50
-0500, "gary" <g-no@spam-net.com> wrote:

>John, is this phone unlocked? Thanks for the info. Nice to be able to
>upgrade to a decent phone without any contract bs.

Notwithstanding a few warts (e.g., Cingular customization, phone book, lack of
included ringtones and games), I'm pretty happy with my new V551.

November 13, 2004 11:48:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Is the V551 and V505 the same phone only different provider?
Patrick

"gary" <g-no@spam-net.com> wrote in message
> John, is this phone unlocked? Thanks for the info. Nice to be able to
> upgrade to a decent phone without any contract bs.

Anonymous
November 14, 2004 12:53:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

The V551 adds EDGE (high speed data) and video.

In <oquld.5240$_3.65549@typhoon.sonic.net> on Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:48:20 GMT,
"Patrick" <patrick@patrick.com> wrote:

>Is the V551 and V505 the same phone only different provider?
>Patrick
>
>"gary" <g-no@spam-net.com> wrote in message
>> John, is this phone unlocked? Thanks for the info. Nice to be able to
>> upgrade to a decent phone without any contract bs.

November 14, 2004 10:13:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

If I walk into a cingular store, what price are they selling the V551?
The online deal looks cool though :)
Patrick

> The V551 adds EDGE (high speed data) and video.
>
> In <oquld.5240$_3.65549@typhoon.sonic.net> on Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:48:20
> GMT,
> "Patrick" <patrick@patrick.com> wrote:
>
>>Is the V551 and V505 the same phone only different provider?
>>Patrick
>>
>>"gary" <g-no@spam-net.com> wrote in message
>>> John, is this phone unlocked? Thanks for the info. Nice to be able to
>>> upgrade to a decent phone without any contract bs.

> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 8:08:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

$150 on a 2-year contract, with a $50 mail-in rebate, for a net price of $100.

In <8ADld.5329$_3.67163@typhoon.sonic.net> on Sun, 14 Nov 2004 07:13:08 GMT,
"Patrick" <patrick@patrick.com> wrote:

>If I walk into a cingular store, what price are they selling the V551?
>The online deal looks cool though :)
>Patrick

>> The V551 adds EDGE (high speed data) and video.
>>
>> In <oquld.5240$_3.65549@typhoon.sonic.net> on Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:48:20
>> GMT,
>> "Patrick" <patrick@patrick.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Is the V551 and V505 the same phone only different provider?
>>>Patrick
>>>
>>>"gary" <g-no@spam-net.com> wrote in message

November 16, 2004 7:08:17 AM

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:30:24 GMT, John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
> In <Xttld.11831$IQ.9011@bignews6.bellsouth.net> on Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:44:50
> -0500, "gary" <g-no@spam-net.com> wrote:
>
>>John, is this phone unlocked? Thanks for the info. Nice to be able to
>>upgrade to a decent phone without any contract bs.
>
> Notwithstanding a few warts (e.g., Cingular customization, phone book, lack of
> included ringtones and games), I'm pretty happy with my new V551.

But, is it unlocked? :-)
!