Continuous ink system

Hi all

Just fitted the above to my R300, initial results great but I note that with
some kits there is a bottle at the rear of the printer to collect the waste
ink from cleaning etc. Has anyone got any info on what to get and how to fit
such a bottle, and more importantly how to reste the counter when it says go
away and call the service eng I'm full. :-o

Cheers

Peter

shooter

Simple, just remove the single screw at the back of the printer which holds
a small plate, inside you will see the waste pipe. gently lift out bringing
it upwards and gently bring it to the outside, be sure not to pull it
downward, just lift it with a screw driver, you will only have about 1"
outside the case. Extend the waste pipe either by fitting over or inside the
waste pipe, use a small bottle with a the tube into it and place another
tube about an inch long into the lid to stop a vacuum, try to keep the
bottle as low as the printer base, and that's it.

"Pete S" <trap@nomail.com> wrote in message
> [...]

outside the case. Extend the waste pipe either by fitting over or inside the
waste pipe, use a small bottle with a the tube into it and place another
tube about an inch long into the lid to stop a vacuum, try to keep the
bottle as low as the printer base, and that's it.

"Pete S" <trap@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Just fitted the above to my R300, initial results great but I note that
with
> some kits there is a bottle at the rear of the printer to collect the
waste
> ink from cleaning etc. Has anyone got any info on what to get and how to
fit
> such a bottle, and more importantly how to reste the counter when it says
go
> away and call the service eng I'm full. :-o

shooter

Sorry to the group for multi reply, still not sure what happened.

"Shooter" <photoman52003-shoot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Sorry to the group for multi reply, still not sure what happened.
>
> "Pete S" <trap@nomail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> Just fitted the above to my R300, initial results great but I note that
> with
>> some kits there is a bottle at the rear of the printer to collect the
> waste
>> ink from cleaning etc. Has anyone got any info on what to get and how to
> fit
>> such a bottle, and more importantly how to reste the counter when it says
> go
>> away and call the service eng I'm full. :-o
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Peter

Hi Shooter

Cheers for that, I've seen the tube in the back but was unsure as to what it
did. Now all I need is the reset software.

Peter.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"Pete S" <trap@nomail.com> wrote:
>"Shooter" <photoman52003-shoot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Sorry to the group for multi reply, still not sure what happened.
>>
>> "Pete S" <trap@nomail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Just fitted the above to my R300, initial results great but I note that
>> with
>>> some kits there is a bottle at the rear of the printer to collect the
>> waste
>>> ink from cleaning etc. Has anyone got any info on what to get and how to
>> fit
>>> such a bottle, and more importantly how to reste the counter when it says
>> go
>>> away and call the service eng I'm full. :-o
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Peter
>>>

>Hi Shooter
>
>Cheers for that, I've seen the tube in the back but was unsure as to what it
>did. Now all I need is the reset software.
>
>Peter.

Peter
http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml. This utility does not reset the counters on
the R300 but the web site indicates that it can freeze them, I guess that will
work for you. Worth a try.
Tony

<Tony> wrote in message news:part1of1.1.BDB7mMDJ4yMASg@ue.ph...
> "Pete S" <trap@nomail.com> wrote:
>>"Shooter" <photoman52003-shoot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Sorry to the group for multi reply, still not sure what happened.
>>>
>>> "Pete S" <trap@nomail.com> wrote in message

>>> with
>>> waste
>>> fit
>>> go

>>Hi Shooter
>>
>>Cheers for that, I've seen the tube in the back but was unsure as to what
>>it
>>did. Now all I need is the reset software.
>>
>>Peter.
>
> Peter
> http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml. This utility does not reset the
> counters on
> the R300 but the web site indicates that it can freeze them, I guess that
> will
> work for you. Worth a try.
> Tony

Hi Tony

I've tried that utillity but could not get it to work for me, perhaps I
didn't run it properly.

Peter.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"Pete S" <trap@nomail.com> wrote:
><Tony> wrote in message news:part1of1.1.BDB7mMDJ4yMASg@ue.ph...
>> "Pete S" <trap@nomail.com> wrote:
>>>"Shooter" <photoman52003-shoot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>>>Hi Shooter
>>>
>>>Cheers for that, I've seen the tube in the back but was unsure as to what
>>>it
>>>did. Now all I need is the reset software.
>>>
>>>Peter.
>>
>> Peter
>> http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml. This utility does not reset the
>> counters on
>> the R300 but the web site indicates that it can freeze them, I guess that
>> will
>> work for you. Worth a try.
>> Tony
>
>Hi Tony
>
>I've tried that utillity but could not get it to work for me, perhaps I
>didn't run it properly.
>
>Peter.

Peter
I have used the utility literally hundreds of times but I have never done so on
this model or to freeze ink counters so I can't be certain that it works in
that regard. The other possibility is to use resettable chips and/or a chip
resetter.
I also found this information -
Press and hold 'stop' 'maintenance' and 'power' buttons for about 10 seconds, a
message will come on the screen saying counter is reset and to turn off. Don't
know if it works, no harm in trying.
Tony

shooter

Yes indeed pleased to help, I would recommend you use the Epson AP, if you
go to www.inkjetprinterhelp.us Wes has the manual and AP for $10 or in UK
money £5.76 or there about, with the AP program it will check you reset
figure which on the R300 is around 32000 points but it does a lot more than
other programs out there.

> Yes indeed pleased to help, I would recommend you use the Epson AP, if you
> go to www.inkjetprinterhelp.us Wes has the manual and AP for $10 or in UK
> money £5.76 or there about, with the AP program it will check you reset
> figure which on the R300 is around 32000 points but it does a lot more
> than
> other programs out there.

Hi again Shooter

Just retried the SSC util and it does in deed rest the protection counter,
so I'm in business now, just need to get some bits from the lab at work to
fit a waste ink tank.

Cheers

Peter.